shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:50 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303
 Post subject: Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:38 am 

The Windows 10 apocalypse never ends, actually I think it gets worse if even possible, they're breaking everything, over and over, at this point I'm expecting news of the first update in history to officially set millions of computers on fire. :lol:

21st century golden rules of Humanity #1;
As an individual as well as within a group, or as a group, to the bitter end never admit you've fucked-up, never walk back and fix your shit.
Even if that ends up costing you dearly or even everything, because you gotta believe that your ego is more important and that somewhow there's a reward coming for you if you've been brave enough to always remain a stubborn, tunnel-visioned, hypocrite asshole. 8)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:14 pm 

On a similar subject...

People that are shitty and justify it by saying something to the extent of that's life everyone is that way. Well no...I'm not... WELL THEN YOU ARE A FOOL...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm 

Xyga wrote:
The Windows 10 apocalypse never ends, actually I think it gets worse if even possible, they're breaking everything, over and over, at this point I'm expecting news of the first update in history to officially set millions of computers on fire. :lol:

21st century golden rules of Humanity #1;
As an individual as well as within a group, or as a group, to the bitter end never admit you've fucked-up, never walk back and fix your shit.
Even if that ends up costing you dearly or even everything, because you gotta believe that your ego is more important and that somewhow there's a reward coming for you if you've been brave enough to always remain a stubborn, tunnel-visioned, hypocrite asshole. 8)

I will stick to Windows 7 for as long as it is still supported, until I'm forced to finally make the jump to Linux. Anything but Windows 10.

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 pm 

What issues are you guys still having?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:45 pm 

drauch wrote:
What issues are you guys still having?

Touchpad won't respond on the laptop until a key on the keyboard is pressed, randomly. Happens after waking up from hibernation or cold boot, with no reason. This is an HP laptop, though. My Lenovo gamer has no such issues.

Firefox will also launch for no reason after a cold boot, on its own.

Be a chump,
vote for Trump!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:57 am 

Today, I was playing some Sonic 3 Complete on my laptop.
Unfortunately, I forgot I had moved Kega Fusion from the desktop to a different folder where I keep all my programs that don't bother with an installer.
So, my save RAM file location was pointing to a folder that no longer existed.
I didn't notice until today, since nothing I'd been playing up to now had save RAM on the cart.
Played Sonic 3 from the start up to Launch Base, had five emeralds at that point [could have had all 7, but apparently I took a particularly fast route through Hydrocity on accident, so I didn't hit the big rings I usually do there], then shut the game off for a bit.

I came back a few hours later, no save. It's gone.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

as an aside, last time I played Sonic 3, I remember enjoying myself a hell of a lot more
today, I was annoyed and paranoid the entire time, except when going through Ice Cap, where I felt a hell of a lot more relaxed
Sonic 3 has absurdly unreliable collision, and the older I get, the more I wonder how they even fucking shipped this. Every fucking moment, I felt like I was going to die for no fucking reason because lol crushers. :lol:
and this is S3C, which has a bunch of little bugfixes and shit

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:33 pm 

Can't go five minutes without seeing this asshole lately. >:[

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:34 pm 

Yeah for real, same with the photobucket watermark which now is also blurred. 25MB a month for free or buxxx! Helluva deal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:39 pm 

Weird thing happened with my Photobucket account during that buggery they had a while back. All the images in my Metal Blackology went down, but with a bit of URL-pasting chicanery I rescued the lot and stuck 'em on imgur. Now those old links seem gone gone gone. :o

Oh well. Backed up all my stuff after the first PB balls-up, for whenever imgur goes tits-up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:44 pm 

we need a government-backed image host

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:20 am 

mycophobia wrote:
we need a government-backed image host

I don't think we should have to resort to 3rd party hosting at all. ISPs screwed everyone over by not allowing you to host your own stuff. They created a protocol apartheid so that corps could be the ones that controlled what information was available and the plebs could passively consume it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 am 

Misuse of the word 'literally'.
There was a time, in the era of great chaos, when the Earth and the moon were at war with each other. A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape, called... Einhander.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:05 pm 

When you were using a program you enjoyed a lot, without updating to newer versions for about a year or two, but you do a complete refresh of your computer, then re-install that program with the current version ... and it really, really, really sucks balls.

Now you have to dig into fucktons of older versions installers to find one that works like before (of course you didn't take note of the one you had), because the devs are the type to update every fucking week.

:x

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:33 am 

A rain-loving cat that becomes a stealthy mop wandering your house ready to surprise-jump on your lap, computer, documents, books, bed, clothes, etc

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:10 pm 

So, my country decided to get rid of the low-value coins. Makes sense for 1 and 2 "cents" since pretty much everyone has been rounding to the nearest 5 anyway for the last decade or so. But they also decided to drop 5 coins too and make everyone round to the nearest 10. Now we only have 10, 25 and 50 coins. Notice the outlier? I don't have any official estimates, but from experience quarters have been and still are the most popular coin. So now those that prefer cash can lose 5 "cents" on every shopping trip just because the government is stupid. Not to mention it's just plain inconvenient as hell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:12 pm 

Seriously under-powered consumer remote controls. My Toshiba Bluray player is really decent, but the remote (the kind with one AAA battery) is friggin' annoying. Before I bought a new AVR, my former one had a programmable remote (a Pioneer AVR) and I had it controlling the Bluray player perfectly with no issues at all. It used 2 AAA batteries, so I'm guessing this is why. If I ran a consumer electronic products company, I would make sure that the remote was easy to use at all times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:42 pm 

Jumping on the windows 10 hate. Finally upgraded a couple months ago from windows 7, still can't fix corrupted audio when playing videos in a browser. Audio is totally fine otherwise, just goes to shit with youtube/bitchute etc.

Spent hours installing various older drivers, toggling setting etc. Fuck this thing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:06 pm 

Boiling eggs. If they don't crack as you gently lower them into boiling water, you can't peel them without constant cuss-words when they're done.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303