Warbringer, a game i made

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Gernermale

Warbringer, a game i made

Post by Gernermale »

I really dont want this to be just a shameless plug but oh well. I've played a lot of shot em up games with a space ship, so one day i though hey im gonna make a game for fun. Its been 2 months, and i would like to know if the game i made is any good. Here are some imgs from the game

You can check it here, and i would appreciate any feedback: https://gernermale.itch.io/warbringer
Lander

PS. also you stole the spacecraft

Post by Lander »

Whoa, you made a This thread goes hard game :)

Right out the gate, I'd say you want some proper in-game screenshots to entice people to play. Key art is well and good, but it doesn't give the audience an idea of what they're getting into.
Itch Page wrote:If the game looks weird you can just resize it, its meant to be a mobile game with a pc port
This is going to put people off. Mobile games are typically regarded as low-quality, and their PC ports worse still, so you should avoid the association if you want it to be taken seriously in traditional gaming circles.
If anything, just note it as a known bug and move on. Though preferably fix it, since you don't want any of your target platforms to feel like a second-class citizen.
Gernermale wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:39 pmI really dont want this to be just a shameless plug but oh well.
Really?

:|

Generally it's considered polite to engage with a community a little bit first. Get comfortable, read the room, and then drop the itch link.
Oh well might well be what you get in return, if the empty first-post project threads around and about are anything to go by; Shmupsfarm tends to meet earnestness in kind.

Indeed, I could already be too late, and typing this into the void :shock: fare thee well mysterious developer, wherever ye be.