Hydorah 1.1

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Aquas

Hydorah 1.1

Post by Aquas »

1.1 has been released so how about some scores?!!
No using saves and one credit please. I think that should do.

Submission format:
"Name & Score" (note, the & symbol)

R=# & Name & Score R=1 & shmuppyLove & 994,200 R=2 & Aquas & 465,850 R=3 & ??????? & 0XXXXX
Last edited by Aquas on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
shmuppyLove

Re: Hydorah 1.1

Post by shmuppyLove »

Damn didn't grab a screenshot

shmuppyLove & 99,420

So close to 1M!!

Edit: Ha ha disregard I accidentally added an extra 0 -- the score is actually 99,420 :?
Shepardus

Re: Hydorah 1.1

Post by Shepardus »

This game seems underappreciated. There's clearly a lot of love poured into it and it's got some neat ideas to boot. The difficulty curve seems a bit off at times (some stages seem too easy for where they are in the game, though that may be dependent on the route you take) and the sound effects tend to be unsatisfying. Also, the base bullet type is too small - it looks small even full-screened on my desktop monitor, so it's no wonder I had trouble seeing them on my laptop monitor when I played this several years ago (and bounced off it because checkpoints). Those don't detract too much from what's overall a great experience, though.

Shepardus & 401,625

Got to the boss of the penultimate stage in this run.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube