shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: GD: WHY IS THERE NO 1944 THREAD FFFFF
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:26 am 

I kind of find it weird that no one likes 1944 (except me maybe). I mean, I've never played 1942 and 1943, but I know 1941 wasn't really the best 'fight the nazis' experience, and 19XX may have been, what with the whole badass boss theme going on, but it still feels like a complete pain to play for some reason (Also Shinden ftw!). And the graphics weren't too good in my opinion.

I bet the latter reason is the only reason I like 1944, SNAZZY AWESOME GRAPHICS WOO, but I'm a sucker for awesome graphics ;_;

That said, was anyone not lazy enough (Unlike me) to write down any of the scoring secrets this game has to offer? I'm pretty sure it's mostly "Shoot this with charge shot and it'll turn into something awesome" and it would be fairly easy to code infinite charge cheats and play a mock run using them, but that's a lame way to find secrets. Seriously.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: GD: WHY IS THERE NO 1944 THREAD FFFFF
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:38 pm 

esreveR wrote:
That said, was anyone not lazy enough (Unlike me) to write down any of the scoring secrets this game has to offer? I'm pretty sure it's mostly "Shoot this with charge shot and it'll turn into something awesome" and it would be fairly easy to code infinite charge cheats and play a mock run using them, but that's a lame way to find secrets. Seriously.

I don't know whether I wrote down any secrets in particular, but I did write stuff about my progress through 1944:

http://www.free-conversant.com/gaming_journals/query?limit=100&startDate=&endDate=&modStartDate=&modEndDate=&subject=&body=1944&label=ignore&postedBy=anon0008.gaming_journals%2540free-conversant.com&modifiedBy=%5BALL%5D&sortKey=Date

Offline Profile