looking for 2D effects artist for shmup game project

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Gungriffon Geona

looking for 2D effects artist for shmup game project

Post by Gungriffon Geona »

Currently seeking a 2D effects artist (explosions, smoke puffs, thruster trails, flares, that sorta thing) for work on a top-down 2D shooter that uses both 3D and 2D graphics. only 2D artists needed right now, all 3D is being handled currently.
The game design is built around the use of 'options' as the key way the player interacts with the game, rather than directly attacking as in most shooters. The style and gameplay takes heavy influence from Raizing titles. (notably Battle Garegga and Armed Police Batrider)

Current progress on assets and engine as shown:
Engine handles both 2D images and 3D models, but level design aspects of the engine have not been implemented yet.

also, a somewhat outdated video of the formations system in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kGa9Fvz2A

I can assure that I, the programmer, and the second modeller will work to the best of our ability to keep you up to date should you wish to offer your services. I will also give you a basic roadmap of what is needed, what is done, and what the basic timeline things need to be finished in.
If you wish to help, contact me via PM, email, or your preferred IM client. (you can find the second and third contact info in my profile.)

I look forward to working with you, those who choose to offer their services.
FLYING CARS WITH CRAB CLAWS
Ravicious

Re: looking for 2D effects artist for shmup game project

Post by Ravicious »

There's an easy-to-use program for that called "Explosion Generator."

It's free...
http://www.positech.co.uk/content/explo ... rator.html
-Bring me my pendulum kiddies, I feel like swinging.
Gungriffon Geona

that's not really gonna help much. you start using those in something with mostly hand-crafted graphics, things start to look really ugly, fast.

Either way, the quest to find someone with profficiency in this stuff still stands

and to be added, they don't have to be fancy either. you only really need to have a handle on pixel art, as that's what's really required of this.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I love doing the sort of stuff you're talking about. I'm quite good at it, too. I'd be happy to help out.

As Alluro can tell you, though, it can take me a while before I get around doing things.
Gungriffon Geona

that sounds good then. (oddly I think you're also the one who provided the city background i'm using now.) Sent you a PM