Completed R-Type Final on Human mode

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Regulus

Post by Regulus »

I think a 1cc would probably be pretty easy in RTFinal if it weren't for stage 6.0. I have trouble with that stage with pretty much everything but the Needle Force POW Armors. I guess it might help to pick up a yellow laser crystal and hold onto it for the bug part of 6.0.

As for the ship balance... yeah, it's pretty bad. But it's not like it was supposed to balanced in the first palce, so it doesn't really matter. I'm perfectly happy with the R-9A series and the R-9Zero Ragnarok... the Zero II and Strike Bomber are horribly overpowered, though (I guess it's a good thing they split the original Ragnarok into two ships. Mega and Hyper together would have been crazy.). The R-9C isn't bad either.

Heh, I have 97 ships right now. I haven't touched the game since I bought Gradius V. I think I'll try to finish collecting the ships this weekend. Maybe I'll go for a 1cc as well. It doesn't seem too difficult (I play on Bydo... R-Typer 1cc sounds pretty hard), I'll just have to practice 6.0.
The Bullet Dodger

Post by The Bullet Dodger »

dczx wrote:Yah, the people in the background were creepy too. Were the Bydo telling us that they are the children of humanity? gives me the creeps... :shock:

Bullet Dodger wrote:Congrats dczx! :)

I just wanna say that the last level in R-Type Final is one of the best I've ever seen. From the music to the "liquid-like" backround, it's simply amazing.

Anyone else agree?

Whatever the backround meant, there really seems to be a deep message to the players. I think it might have something to do with the pilot. Maybe that level was a reflection of his mind or something. :? I don't know, but I agree. It is a little unusual, creepy and disturbing for a shmup level.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

The motto of the humans was use bydo against bydo right? Well maybe the next evolution of the bydo involved humans... or maybe theres a much deeper symbolic meaning. I actually really wanna play this game right now but i dont have it with me!
Know thy enemy attack pattern.
Skyknight

F-A background...

Post by Skyknight »

Maybe it has to do with the eyebeasts? According to the data log, the Genon have more in common with humans than Bydo.

Not to mention that when destroyed, they don't burn, collapse, or the like--I think they just melt back into that gel that makes up the stage.

The Bydo themselves were created as a kind of ultimate bio-weapon by 26th century humanity, right? But now, with the revelation regarding the eyebeasts, I'm wondering if they were derived straight FROM humans (probably to give them something resembling intellect). In a strange sense, the Genon and Bydo are the offspring of humans (although I doubt they came into being the way the image in the gel would suggest...).

A tortured instinct-meme in the Genon's and Bydo's minds? Or maybe it's just, as another suggested, the reflection of the pilot's psyche? Of course, I doubt Irem's going to clear this up for us (never mind that we ARE talking about the people who saw fit to title X-Multiply's st. 7 song "Lusty Her Majesty")...
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

I'm pretty sure the moral of the R-Type games is don't create bio-weapons with giant penises...because they'll use it in ways un-imaginable to man.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

The Bydo are mankind after about a billion years of evolution, a fusion of man and his own technology. Maybe this evolution was brought about by some wicked experimentaion but for all intents and purposes: they are us.

Okay, I made that up but a lot of evidence to support this theory exists in RTF.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

Last Guardian wrote:
MovingTarget wrote:I dont know quite what you mean... but in the extra forest stage, there was an enemy that took me a while to unlock info for. The massive snake you have to kill to unlock the data
Well I remember getting the snake, I think it's in my lab but there's more missing. I've got everything between nr's 01 and 70 (guess) but there's about 5 missing. Nobody else missing Bydo in the lab :D ?
Well, if you've unlocked all the levels, it's easiest to get them by playing Score Attack mode. There's a bunch in F-B and F-C that may fill in the gaps, too.
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
dessgeega

Post by dessgeega »

has anyone recorded any replays of r-type final? i've never been able to pass the stage 5 boss and i'm really curious.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

i usually take an owl eye all the way to stage 6 then die hahaha. other than that, arrowhead all the way...question, does everyone feel that games like r-type, memory type shooters, are bad? i noticed that these games still give you a lot of room to be creative in how you handle situations, especially with this game, because of the force types and beam types... i guess i just never had a problem with this style of shooter...also, are gradius, parodius and thundeforce also games that fall under this catagory? i go through TF5 in different ways all the time.. anyway. that's all...

GS!