lightning force

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

There are no bugs I know of in either game. Thunder Force IV for Japanese MegaDrive is a little bit harder in places, particularly the Gargoyle Diver boss--his globe moves VERY fast. This was altered and slowed down a great deal in Lightening (sic--sorry, it's just dumb and should not have rightfully happened so I continue to write this, I'm still rather pissed about the renaming) Force, and the alteration stuck for the European Thunder Force IV release.

Thunder Spirits is indeed a Super Nintendo version of Thunder Force AC, but interestingly one of the stages is different, presumably the system could not handle it so you get treated to a different/additional spacecraft scene for a stage. The final boss is also quite a bit different, once again it is likely that technical matters dictated the difference although there is the possibility someone just wanted to try their hand at different artwork. There is a lot less animation in those scenes though.
Rob

Post by Rob »

rename >>> redone box art

There is one bug in LF on the Air Raid boss. If you knock the top part off without destroying the front "plate" the game will freeze when the stage ends.