Aleste is coming back?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
cfx

Re: Aleste is coming back?!

Post by cfx »

I'll actually buy both, but at this point I'll be surprised if either happens this year.

M2's own work seems to take a back seat to contract work, and they're presumably currently working on that shooter for Compile Heart. That was supposed to come this summer which I also doubt, but surely will at least make 2024.
Sengoku Strider

Re: Aleste is coming back?!

Post by Sengoku Strider »

gray117 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:34 pm Didn't m2 say something strange like we'd only console release it if we did something more to it?

... To me it sounded a bit like a 'please understand...' kind of thing ... we'd like to, but the answer is no - either because we can't without changing it, or we're not allowed to....
It's because it was apparently pretty flawed. IIRC EXA Arcadia didn't pick it up for arcade release for a few technical reasons, the resolution was too low, and the game itself might not have been that remarkable. I believe it was the side project of one guy, which is why it's lain dormant since then. It wasn't any kind of core release for M2.