Aleste Branch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Steven

Re: Aleste Branch

Post by Steven »

Watch it be a phone game.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Zeether wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:12 pm
Sengoku Strider wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:50 pm
Zeether wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:25 pm Console only? No PC despite the fact that Unity is PC based? :?
M2 barely releases stuff outside of Japan unless it's contract work for someone like Sega or Konami. It's just not a thing they consider worth the time & investment. We're lucky we even get PlayStation versions these days.
It doesn't make sense though that they would use a platform for PC to make a game that's not coming to it.
Plenty of stuff that gets made in Unity never ends up on PC. Unity is a game engine that works on a lot of different platforms, not a platform itself.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

I'm not familiar with Nickel (Eurogamer writer?), but dark1x is John Linneman, the Digital Foundry guy. One of those rare "knows what he's talking about" folks in games media.
He is a long lasting part of the Maniac / M! Games magazine in germany and, as he writes in his X bio, fucks a lot of things.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Im still wondering if everything on this game is prerendered or actual 3D graphics, ships and enemies are clearly prerenders, but not sure about the rest.
This doesnt look like a game the Switch could run properly. Just hope it's not a PS5 exclusive.
cfx

Post by cfx »

I hope it's on PS4 but consistent with what I wrote above if it isn't I won't be whining about it here. It's my choice not to "upgrade" to the PS5.

It could well be a PS4 game that was just being played on PS5 in those clips and given that M2 hasn't yet made a PS5-specific game and this one has been in production for a while, that's sort of what I expect.

Switch, who knows. I hope Switch owners get what they won't but personally don't care what is or isn't on it.
Last edited by cfx on Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SavagePencil

Post by SavagePencil »

KAI wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:02 pm Im still wondering if everything on this game is prerendered or actual 3D graphics, ships and enemies are clearly prerenders, but not sure about the rest.
This doesnt look like a game the Switch could run properly. Just hope it's not a PS5 exclusive.
If things are pre-renders, I'm pretty sure the Switch can handle it.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

cfx wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:32 pm I hope it's on PS4 but consistent with what I wrote above if it isn't I won't be whining about it here. It's my choice not to "upgrade" to the PS5.

It could well be a PS4 game that was just being played on PS5 in those clips and given that M2 hasn't yet made a PS5-specific game and this one has been in production for a while, that's sort of what I expect.

Switch, who knows. I hope Switch owners get what they won't but personally don't care what is or isn't on it.
Nobody knows exactly what's going to happen, but from what Sony's said, March and the end of the fiscal year should be the end for new PS4 games. Though we do know that at the least there's DLC still coming for live service games like Destiny 2 & Final Fantasy XIV past that date.
cfx

Post by cfx »

Sengoku Strider wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:40 pm Nobody knows exactly what's going to happen, but from what Sony's said, March and the end of the fiscal year should be the end for new PS4 games. Though we do know that at the least there's DLC still coming for live service games like Destiny 2 & Final Fantasy XIV past that date.
Is there a reference for this statement? According to Famitsu's release schedule, Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes is releasing for PS4 in Japan, physically, on April 23, 2024. That's the only one I see with a specific date, but in general things don't appear to get dates that far out now so I'm not sure the lack of others says anything in particular. There's a number of others with no release date that probably aren't going to make it by March such as the visual novel Tsukihime that are supposed to be PS4 games. There's also the western version of the latest Neptunia game.

I certainly don't see all the news, but the only thing I remember was a reference in some kind of financial report some time ago that suggested an end to first party PS4 games, though I don't remember the date. As far as I know Sony has probably already done that with their first party games given their total focus on big-budget so-called AAA games now.

But if it is true, then I know when to stop worrying about buying new games and spending money I don't have so I guess that's the upside.
cfx

Post by cfx »

Those tweets have been deleted it seems.
miwa

Post by miwa »

M2 showed off the first stage in today's stream:
https://www.youtube.com/live/FgCEDt__Rj ... red&t=5394

I think it's supposed to release in 2024 but I don't know if they mentioned which platforms.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Looks like you can just play "bullet eraser" and not be in any danger yet again.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I hope it comes out for PS4, PS5, Switch, PC (via Steam), Xbox One, and Xbox Series S/X!