shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:12 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185
 Post subject: Re: Fudoh's ode to old display technology
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:18 pm 

St4rwalker wrote:
Not yet arrived...

One for tate shmups other for yoko fighting, rpgs the like...

Spoiler: show

I really need a road case like this for my D24, since I'll be moving it long distance next year. Following up on this picture, and I think on topic about old display tech, has anyone had any experience with getting custom road cases made for large stuff like 100lbs+ CRTs?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:54 pm 

You should ask a carpenter, any carpenter can do this with wood.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:43 pm 

There's a company here which specializes in building road cases. I live in a smallish city so I expect every medium to big city to offer a service such as this. but maybe it's less common than I think?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:09 am 

fernan1234 wrote:
I really need a road case like this for my D24

You can look on B and H photo. They sell cases that are like pelican cases which optionally come with a kind of foam that you can tear apart in squares. You tear out a space to fit whatever you have. It's less elegant than a custom made case, but should be a good bit cheaper.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:09 pm 

vol.2 wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:
You can look on B and H photo. They sell cases that are like pelican cases which optionally come with a kind of foam that you can tear apart in squares. You tear out a space to fit whatever you have. It's less elegant than a custom made case, but should be a good bit cheaper.

Thanks. I hadn't thought about this, I'll look into it and compare with custom options available locally like others mentioned.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 am 

I recently picked up a GX model and was suprised to find a bunch of tacked-on capacitors on the inside across some the ICs. This worries me as I don't know what these things should look like on the inside.

Is there someone here who has a Super Emotia GX willing to take a couple good close-ups of the inside?

Thanks

Last edited by vol.2 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:35 am 

Eh, snapped a decent pic of my consumer Sony recently so I might as well post it

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:14 am 

FinalBaton wrote:
Eh, snapped a decent pic of my consumer Sony recently so I might as well post it

I love how consumer CRT's have visible grill masks, triads or whatever, really miss that on a PVM TBH....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:10 pm 

bacardi wrote:
I love how consumer CRT's have visible grill masks, triads or whatever, really miss that on a PVM TBH....

It really is a neat thing. It can be emulated to varying extents though. Someone achieved some pretty cool results emulating a grill mask look (more of a consumer level of TV lines look) using vertical scanlines on the OSSC. In emulation, some libretro shaders can look pretty much just like various types of CRT TVs and monitors (the more detailed ones require 4K+ resolution displays). Most of the posts here are about CRT shaders: https://forums.libretro.com/c/retroarch ... ch-shaders

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 pm 

bacardi wrote:

It does look neat. I have some higher end PVMs (20L5) but I often go back to a good consumer set. having a pitch that is closer to a grid, than lazer beams, makes for a very interesting texture. gives a really nice grain to the picture

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185