shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:51 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 371, 372, 373, 374, 375
 Post subject: Re: XRGB-mini Framemeister
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:57 pm 

Were you using default settings on the Framemeister, or did you tweak things (besides scaliness)?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:52 pm 

Hi guys.

I'm getting jailbar noise in my N64 signal.

It's a PAL N64RGB (Tim) modded console. Component track has been cutted.
I'm outputting signal through an RGB SCART Csync cable from Retro Gaming Cables (good quality) into XRGB.

Here's the installation. Any clue?

Edit: NVM, Tim edited the guide in 2017 with the wire-to-screw step :x I missed it back in the day, thats why its carrying those jailbars.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:54 am 

Hey all. I dunno how many people still use the Framemeister for streaming, now that we have the RetroTINK and OSSC, but I found a solution for the green boost when using RGB output (I can't get AUTO/YCbCr to "stick" when connected to my AVerMedia Live Gamer 4K). Basically, the Framemeister is using the wrong color space in RGB mode, so you need to apply a LUT in OBS to correct it:

https://twitter.com/PixelatedWah/status/1256383127699636224

The results (uncorrected on left, corrected on right):

Unfortunately, this won't fix the image you see on your TV/monitor (unless you play in OBS's preview window for some reason), but for setups like mine that split the video to a separate RGB CRT it's not really an issue.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: XRGB-mini Framemeister (now available !)
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:33 pm 

RGB32E wrote:
Fudoh wrote:
Did we have tests with different PS1 models on the Mini yet ? RGB32E, yours didn't work, right ? Did you have to chance to test it with an additional stripper yet or a mod to S-Video Luminance instead of composite video ?

Anyway, PS2 with Scart works fine on the Mini. You even eliminate all the noise that's present when using a component cable instead.

One of my PS1 systems doesn't display without processing the composite video first (X-SYNC1 fixed it). However, using the same cable with a PS2 works just fine connected to the mini (via the included adapter).

The "High Grade" Hori D-Terminal cable produces some noise in the picture, so using a component cable doesn't guarantee there'll be no noise. I've had the opposite experience from you... RGB -> no noise, Component -> some noise.

YMMV!

Do you want to sell your X-Sync1 by any chance?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:24 pm 

Don't know if there is a better site/forum for help with the Framemeister, but if you know of one please direct me.

Got a new Framemeister and noticing that my US PS2 connected via component to the Framemeister and then to my LG TV is suffering from what I'd describe as massive, sporadic flickering. It's behaving like there's an intermittent connection or a refresh problem. PS2 -> LG TV direct with component works just fine. Tweaked all sorts of settings on the Framemeister including sync, picture modes, just about everything and it's still there. Have not tried other component connections at this time. Searching the 'net and I can't find anyone else with these symptoms. Framemesiter runs latest 2.04 firmware. S-video source (N64) seems to be fine.

Has anyone heard of this before? Any recommendations?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:57 pm 

chipzoller wrote:
Don't know if there is a better site/forum for help with the Framemeister, but if you know of one please direct me.

Got a new Framemeister and noticing that my US PS2 connected via component to the Framemeister and then to my LG TV is suffering from what I'd describe as massive, sporadic flickering. It's behaving like there's an intermittent connection or a refresh problem. PS2 -> LG TV direct with component works just fine. Tweaked all sorts of settings on the Framemeister including sync, picture modes, just about everything and it's still there. Have not tried other component connections at this time. Searching the 'net and I can't find anyone else with these symptoms. Framemesiter runs latest 2.04 firmware. S-video source (N64) seems to be fine.

Has anyone heard of this before? Any recommendations?

Not sure it's a good lead but is your PS2 PAL by any chance?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:09 pm 

No, it's NTSC (US model).

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 371, 372, 373, 374, 375