shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:45 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: ST: Battle Garegga (20.7.14 - edits, record replays list
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 pm 

trap15 wrote:
Yes, the “rapid my set” is the autofire button I mean. You want to shoot with that button to adjust, but you can’t use it “properly” at some times. So you want a non-rapid shot button to avoid the speed change in those other instances.

Thanks for the reply and advice trap but I can't get that to work.

I can indeed use the "Rapid My Set" button (RMS) to adjust, but that will only adjust speed for buttons that have RMS assigned and has absolutely no effect on the non-rapid shot button.

As far as I can tell, when a button does not have the RMS assigned to it, nothing affects the speed of its autofire other than a tap-tap-taperroooo. So I can use my RMS button to fire at 20hz or whatever, but if the non-RMS button started at 10hz, it will still fire at 10hz regardless of what I do with the RMS button.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:08 pm 

I have used 20Hz button mappings (both via explicit button mapping as well as the adjustable "rapid my set" mapping) to raise the autofire rate in the late-game so I wouldn't have to rapidly mash. In both cases, I just need to press the button once, which raises the built-in autofire rate, at which point I can go back to using the regular non-rapid shot button.

I would be really interested to see a clip of using a 20Hz shot binding for an extended period of time, but still keeping the system-level autofire rate at 10Hz. That would be a really big (new) bug, if true.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:02 pm 

Spirit X:
Once you have ever pressed the button faster than the previous auto fire setting according to the game (calculations done depending on slowdown and other stuff) the auto fire rate of just holding the shot button will forever be changed to how fast the button was pressed at it's fastest.
So, if you during the initial slowdown when the screen fades to black after the select ship screen you press the shot button faster than what is 8Hz according to the game's logic (let's say), the speed of shots from holding the shot button will always be 15Hz, unless you press the buttons faster and raise it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:42 am 

Just started playing this game. Confused by a lot of the mechanics so I decided to check some strategy here. Read the whole first page and I think my brain is melting now. :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:31 pm 

It is so nice to see how a game works inside.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26