Tate questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Savory

Tate questions

Post by Savory »

Hi guys,
I've got a few questions about using tate mode. Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't really find what I was looking for by searching.

First off, and I'm sure this is a common question, does turning a TV or PC monitor on it's side damage it?

My options for tate are pretty limited. All my systems are currently hooked up to a 36" CRT TV. I don't really think I could flip this one by myself without hurting me or the TV. I really don't want to ruin my main gaming TV...

I've also got a 27" (I think) CRT that's much lighter, but it doesn't have the clearest picture and I'd have to unhook whichever system and move it that set which isn't a big deal.

Otherwise, I've got an old gaming peripheral called the JAM!! which basically let's you hook up any gaming system to a computer monitor. It isn't a true VGA box though and I think it converts the signal from composite so it isn't as sharp as true VGA, but it does look better than the TV. The only spare monitor I currently have is a 15" CRT since I don't want to lug my 19" CRT monitor around. Would that even be worth tate-ing or should I just stick to yoko on my regular 36" TV?

Maybe it would just be best to eventually try and buy a used TV to specifically use for tate.

Thanks for your help.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Savory

Post by Savory »

Thank you!

I kept searching for "tate hurt" and "tate problems" but never "tate harm" :lol: