Importing Shining Force III...

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Tomtom

Importing Shining Force III...

Post by Tomtom »

Hey, I was just looking at some Saturn games and one of the ones I was interested in was Shining Force III. However, I've noticed that the Japanese version of it goes for much, much less, so I'm thinking about going that route and just getting a walkthrough or something to play along with. Can you get a good idea of what the game's about this way, or is it worth it to save up for the English version?
Ord

Post by Ord »

I played the first one in English and it was great. But as i'm sure you know there were three parts to the Shining Force III saga, with each part telling the same story through the different perspectives of the three main protaganists.

I played the second one in japanese and it was still highly enjoyable. The lack of english doesn't detract from the battles at all and you might just miss out on the subilties of the story. They're great games and as long as you have a translation i see no reason for you not to pick them up. I do think i enjoyed it better having played the english version of the first scenario though as i had a rough idea as to what was happening in the plot with the 2nd game.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Depends on if you're looking for story or gameplay. There's translations out there that details the whole story. I'd get the US version but if you're feeling thrifty, you can certainly get the JP version. Note though that the JP version of Scenario 2 will cost $40-50 and if you plan on getting the Premium Disk, that'll cost you about $80. It won't be too cheap either way.