Connecting Dreamcast, Saturn & PS to cab is easy as 123

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
D

Connecting Dreamcast, Saturn & PS to cab is easy as 123

Post by D »

I connected it so fast it's unbelievable.
forget about 100+ bucks interfaces, just heat up your soldering iron :wink:
just some like 5 wires was all it took.

Now connecting the controls is a b!tch. But now I have it running in me cab. I used one of those little RGB SCART adapters and hacked it. I should be able to connect other consoles (hopefully) I haven't tried yet. I loaned to my brother.
I am also going to install a real amplifier in my cab so I can get some bass out of my Shinobi pcb :)
If anyone has any doubts, let me know, I'll tell you what it's all about.

-modding rules
Last edited by D on Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

Yeah, DC to Naomi cab is hella easy too, just connect the DC to the monitor with a VGA box and then wire up the controls.
D

Post by D »

Holy crapolini,
PS & Saturn works too. :)
What is with all this crap about soldering some chip.
just connect 5 wires.
My cab is old too. It's from 1990!!! That's why I suspect it will work with most cabs/arcade monitors. turn brightness and contrast up a bit the picture will looks perfect. Play your favorite games. On your cab without the mgcd and other converters. Maybe I should make a business out of this? It's easy money.
caincan

Post by caincan »

the bitchy is about ground points :?, that can take times to find the good configuration or immediately. for videos depends on rgb, lm1881 components help much to realize some circuit videos to 15khz standard. else anything can come to a cab

i did pcengine :D (seems the onlyone on the vast net to have done one :shock: i searched even on japanese addict pages and only they did the video adaptator) ,and some more common : genesis, pc with rotarysticks, ps2, xbox and it's goooood

http://devil4u1.free.fr/bornenec/bornenec_01.avi