shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:21 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: RQ: Gaiares Super Weapons T-Vulcan, F-Formation , A-Bullet..
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 pm 

Banned User

I recently bought Gaiares and remember my childhood again. I've been playing Gaiares since 1991. Back then a mate also showed me the way of how to get the 3rd best Super weapon, the T-Braster, by firing the TOZ six times to the right of the screen and then capturing an enemy.

I never figured out how to get the other 3 super weapons though:

T-Vulcan
F-Formation
A-Bullet

One morning I managed to get the A-Bullet accidentally by capturing one of the hovering rockets at the dead ship garbage yard, in the beginning of stage 4, but I could never repeat the process nor could I figure a way to get the other 2.
The only way to get them was by using a cheat & entering the stage select menu.

So, does anybody know the exact process of how to get the T-Vulcan, F-Formation and A-Bullet without cheating?

Also at gamefaqs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis ... 86198.html

It mentions a way to access a secret bonus stage:

"Bonus Level
Fire the TOZ 128 times to access a bonus level."

I actually tried it but nothing happened.

Thanks.

"In the first battle against the Guardian's weapons, created with Vasteel Technology, humanity suffered a crushing defeat."
Thunder Force V

Last edited by ST Dragon on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: RQ: Gaiares Super Weapons T-Vulcan, F-Formation , A-Bullet..
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:41 am 

I'm a new poster (long time lurker). I read the TOS but I hope bumping an old thread doesn't violate any rules.

I've been scouring Japanese cheat sites and I think I figured out the conditions needed to acquire the 3 super weapons.

A-Bullet: At the beginning of the game, pause the game 8 times (press Start quickly). Next, deploy the TOZ to an item, not an enemy (the first item is the 'clear all' item in Stage 1). I have attempted this myself and it works. The cheat sites that I visited say that this trick can only be attempted once in the game.

F-Formation: Score in multiples of 10,000 points. Deploy your TOZ onto an enemy when the last 4 digits on your scoreboard are all '0' (ie. 10,000, 20,000, 550,000, 1,250,000 etc.). I have not tested this myself, although I have unintentionally acquired F-Formation in the past.

T-Vulcan: Deploy the TOZ into an enemy 128 times. I'm not sure if that means consecutively and without missing.

You can attempt the cheats for the latter two weapons and the T-Braster at any time if you lose the weapon (die/pick up another weapon).

Also, deploying the TOZ first into a shield item, then running your ship into the item, will give your shield a total of 5 hit points instead of the standard 3. I know this works, as I've been doing this since 1992.

To give credit, these are the sites I referenced:
http://cdcdcd.sansu.org/mdmdmd/mdurawaza.htm
http://aburi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gamecata ... iares.html

I used a mix of my basic/intermediate understanding of Japanese, and some online translators. I thought this post could spark more interest in figuring out the secrets in this game. It is strange that Gaiares has been out for this long, yet the secrets/cheats haven't been mastered yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:00 am 

Seismic wrote:
I'm a new poster (long time lurker). I read the TOS but I hope bumping an old thread doesn't violate any rules.

Don't be apprehensive. This is one of the best first posts ever. 8) Also this site encourages bumping vs new threads, a policy I agree with and wonder why isn't the norm at more sites.

I haven't played Gaiares in so long, but this is still good to know.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 pm 

Banned User

Wow ! Thanks Seismic!
Better late than ever I guess. ;)
I'll be sure to try them this weekend!

It's interesting that the way to get the A-Bullet is by firing at an object, because I actually remember getting it by capturing one of the hovering rockets...

And what about the bonus level cheat, is there actually a Bonus stage in Gaiares or is it just a myth?

Quote:
"Bonus Level
Fire the TOZ 128 times to access a bonus level."

"In the first battle against the Guardian's weapons, created with Vasteel Technology, humanity suffered a crushing defeat."
Thunder Force V

Offline Profile