Deltazeal coming to Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ms. Tea

Deltazeal coming to Switch

Post by Ms. Tea »

Via Gosokkyu, Deltazeal is coming to Switch on August 3: https://cohost.org/gosokkyu/post/222185 ... -coming-to

This should be the same as the Steam/360 version, except there's a new director's commentary. I'm really curious about that, especially if they get spicy about its weird dev history. It's currently only listed on the Japanese eshop, but it says it'll have English so I'm guessing there'll be a global release. I've never actually played Deltazeal but planning to get this version.
hamfighterx

Re: Deltazeal coming to Switch

Post by hamfighterx »

There's a coming soon listing on the US eShop as well. Same August 3 date, $13.00 price.

Link to web version: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products ... al-switch/
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

This is excellent news, hopefully the rest come too. Would happily pick up Triangle Service on Switch
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

Hopefully with a full plot page somewhere, not just us having to glean from the boss descriptions (currently only on the Steam trading cards). >>;

Hopefully they also fix an oddity in the ending pictures--they're in reverse order, I think. If you look at them from last to first, you get a more sensible progression. Your fighter escaping as the Airdome's power systems go haywire after the 9th Lost's destruction, and getting above water just in time to avoid getting consumed by the Airdome's explosion.

I also wouldn't mind an expanded soundtrack, as in the songs extended to have loops of more than thirty seconds...And of course I came up with provisional names.

Title screen: "Stalwart Defender"
St. 1 and 4: "Into the Fray"
Transport Tracer: "Act of War"
Stage Clear: "That Much More"
St. 2 and 6: "Unheeding of the Future" (Too grim for the tone? I was trying for a carefree name.)
Main boss theme: "Implacable"
St. 3A: "Ephemeral Power"
St. 3B: "Not Welcome"
St. 5A: "Remnant"
St. 5B: "Hubris Breaker"
St. 7: "Forsaken Counsel"
Airdome central power station and 9th Lost: "Ravenous Glory"
Ending: "Another Chance"
Game Over: "Not for Nothing"
seattlexc

Post by seattlexc »

TransatlanticFoe wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:20 pm This is excellent news, hopefully the rest come too. Would happily pick up Triangle Service on Switch
Yes excellent news indeed. I own all of the Triangle Service games on the 360 and Steam, I'd be happy to buy them all again on the Switch. Triangle Service Gang 4 life
RIP Seattle SuperSonics - 1967–2008
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

It's a bit of a nuisance to me that the English commentary is voiced by a speech synthesizer (which doesn't even pronounce "Raiden" correctly!). Nice to have the (probable) player-character ship name, at least (Siren/Seiren).
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

The Japanese version's commentary is also text-to-speech, for whatever reason, so I don't think we're missing out on any nuance there.

Got it downloaded, but won't have a chance to play until after work. Looking forward to it though!