M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ASDR

Re: M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

Post by ASDR »

Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I enjoy the convenience and comfort of Nintendo Pro controllers but the analog controllers start to have drift within dozens of hours of play or less (also true for joycons).
Hm, I put 1000+ hours over four years into my first pro controller and then started to have drift. I ordered replacement parts and a new one. The new one has >300h on it so far and works just fine.
Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I still play STGs on Switch but if it’s between Switch and PS4 then I’ll always go with PS4
One big issue is I don't like the PS5 controller very much and neither the PS4 nor PS5 controllers have a dpad I can live with. The thing is that for some reason making official PS5 controllers seems hard. Nearly everything from Hori/8bitdo/RetroBit these days seems to have a Switch mode, but virtually none of their controllers support Playstation. There are just no options for a Saturn style dpad etc. I got a PS4 arcade stick but support on the PS5 depends on the software. But I have like half a dozen Switch compatible controllers. For those reasons I just don't play anything on PS4/5 that requires a good dpad.
Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I’m almost 55 (in 4 months) and have arthritis, back pain, etc. Only bring this up because these health issues do factor into playing STGs w/ maximum comfort
Yep, I find myself going for comfort a lot these days. I notice that way too many controllers have stiff dpads where hitting the diagonals reliably requires quite a lot of force and I just don't want to play on them as it hurts my hands.
Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I uninstalled both all the Shitty Connection Psikyo ports and all of Capcom Arcade Stadium on Switch; when I play those exact game collections on PC it’s night and day how much better and less input laggy they are there (regardless of V-sync). Capcom Arcade Stadium is much better than Psikyo STGs on Switch but there’s still a big enough difference that I don’t ever want or need to play those on Switch again.
Lots of real bad ports on Switch, that's for sure. The stuff from M2 or NGDevTeam is quite good, usually just one frame extra over what you'd get Playstation.

I spend an hour today playing the PS2 port of DOJ on a CRT and then BL on FinalBurn Neo on another CRT, and damn I have to say I just like the way that looks so much better than the M2 one on Switch + LCD. Tomorrow I'll bring my Switch down to a PC CRT and see how that stacks up :D The scanline options and scaling on the M2 port just aren't that great, nothing compared to the real thing or what something like a RetroTink could do.
Fingolfin

Post by Fingolfin »

Off topic a bit now but continuing today’s discussions…

Definitely possible I’ve played my Nintendo Pro controllers more — or even much more — than “dozens of hours” before analog controller drift set in but nowhere near 100+ before the dreaded drift set in.

Possibly a Big N quality control issue that has improved? That’d be a very good thing indeed!

First N Pro controller was purchased around 2017 and the second May/June 2020 if memory serves. And I bought my Hayabusa RAP V Pro stick back in either late 2018 or early 2019 and have always used that more than any other combination of controller/controllers for Switch STG playing.

Most of my Nintendo Pro controller use has been for playing Mario Kart, Super Smash or other similar titles and I did put a lot of hours on both Pro controllers playing Animal Crossing during the pandemic. I also admit I’m hard on gamepads: I’m not at all a physically chill or relaxed player so that could be a factor too. Regardless I would say that you are fortunate for 1000+ hours on your first and then 300+ since on your second.

Not trying to dis Nintendo. Just my experience or bad luck with the Pro controllers; for what little it’s worth my original joycons have never drifted (though not a ton of hours has been put on those).

With regard to M2 scan lines and other filter options, those are not M2’s strengths.

My current favorite scanline filters are current MAME options and setup using Retroarch FB Neo.

Scanline and video filter options are very very subjective though.
eksratu

Post by eksratu »

Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:57 pm I would say that you are fortunate for 1000+ hours on your first and then 300+ since on your second.
Echoing this, ASDR, consider yourself quite lucky. I've put maybe a combined 3000 hours of playtime on my Switch, and in that time, I've had two sets of joy cons drift (after which I gave up on them entirely), seven first-party pro controllers drift, and two third-party controllers drift. My house is a Switch controller graveyard. I switched to a Hall Effect controller in time for Tears of the Kingdom, and that one has been holding steady since last May.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Hm, my first pro (I think I got the Switch in early 2018) started drifting in 2022 about ~100h into Xenoblade 3. The old one is now fixed but I played 184h of Tears of the Kingdom alone last year on the replacement and so far it's working great.

Luck must run in my family. My elderly mother is Animal Crossing obsessed and has logged >1100h (!!!) in just that game on her Switch Lite since 2020 and those stick still work 100%.

I'm very gentle with my controllers, I would never ever treat any gaming peripheral with unnecessary force.

A bit more on-topic, does anybody else think the new stereo OST remaster in this port sucks? I had the impression from the start that the music gets kinda drowned out. Playing the arcade and PS2 versions today made it rather clear to me that other versions of the game do not have this issue. I switched the BGM to the original in the M2 port and it just cuts through the mix better. Maybe I need to play more with the SFX/BGM levels or use the build-in EQ or something? What about that option I mentioned in my other post? Anybody know what this does and how have you set it?
Spoiler
EngineerSTG

Post by EngineerSTG »

ASDR wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:24 pm
Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I enjoy the convenience and comfort of Nintendo Pro controllers but the analog controllers start to have drift within dozens of hours of play or less (also true for joycons).
Hm, I put 1000+ hours over four years into my first pro controller and then started to have drift. I ordered replacement parts and a new one. The new one has >300h on it so far and works just fine.
Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I still play STGs on Switch but if it’s between Switch and PS4 then I’ll always go with PS4
One big issue is I don't like the PS5 controller very much and neither the PS4 nor PS5 controllers have a dpad I can live with. The thing is that for some reason making official PS5 controllers seems hard. Nearly everything from Hori/8bitdo/RetroBit these days seems to have a Switch mode, but virtually none of their controllers support Playstation. There are just no options for a Saturn style dpad etc. I got a PS4 arcade stick but support on the PS5 depends on the software. But I have like half a dozen Switch compatible controllers. For those reasons I just don't play anything on PS4/5 that requires a good dpad.
Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I’m almost 55 (in 4 months) and have arthritis, back pain, etc. Only bring this up because these health issues do factor into playing STGs w/ maximum comfort
Yep, I find myself going for comfort a lot these days. I notice that way too many controllers have stiff dpads where hitting the diagonals reliably requires quite a lot of force and I just don't want to play on them as it hurts my hands.
Fingolfin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 pm I uninstalled both all the Shitty Connection Psikyo ports and all of Capcom Arcade Stadium on Switch; when I play those exact game collections on PC it’s night and day how much better and less input laggy they are there (regardless of V-sync). Capcom Arcade Stadium is much better than Psikyo STGs on Switch but there’s still a big enough difference that I don’t ever want or need to play those on Switch again.
Lots of real bad ports on Switch, that's for sure. The stuff from M2 or NGDevTeam is quite good, usually just one frame extra over what you'd get Playstation.

I spend an hour today playing the PS2 port of DOJ on a CRT and then BL on FinalBurn Neo on another CRT, and damn I have to say I just like the way that looks so much better than the M2 one on Switch + LCD. Tomorrow I'll bring my Switch down to a PC CRT and see how that stacks up :D The scanline options and scaling on the M2 port just aren't that great, nothing compared to the real thing or what something like a RetroTink could do.
8bitdo m30 with a Mayflash pro 2 adapter. Works great in my PS5 and arguably the best dpad in existence
Steven

Post by Steven »

Switch controllers are a travesty in general. Might have to get that Bluetooth M30, though. I have the one that is for the real Mega Drive and it's awesome. PS5 controller is pretty okay, but the system really needs more Saturn controllers and I don't trust any of those controller adaptors to not add lag. Might try the Fighting Commander Octa. What I REALLY need is a Saturn controller for X360 so I can stop playing Saidaioujou with a regular X360 controller.

Anyway, what does everyone think of the new arranged soundtrack? I tried it for the first time and I don't really like it... Daioujou is already not my favourite Namiki soundtrack, but the arranges here seem to not really fit the game, much like that weird X360 Saidaioujou arranged soundtrack. It also seems really quiet, but I haven't looked at the EQ settings yet.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

EngineerSTG wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:08 am 8bitdo m30 with a Mayflash pro 2 adapter. Works great in my PS5 and arguably the best dpad in existence
Ok I'll keep looking if one pops up on eBay. I need a solution for this. What happened with consoles outside of Switch that makes 3rd party controllers so rare? I have huge collection of PS1/2 controllers, ASCII, Hori, Sunsoft, SNK etc. and it's awesome to have all this choice. Switch is pretty good too, but for PS5/XSX, there's virtually nothing at least natively.
Steven wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:25 am Might try the Fighting Commander Octa
That's like the only native 3rd party PS5 pad that exists, right? Pricey, didn't want to pull the trigger so far.
Steven wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:25 am Anyway, what does everyone think of the new arranged soundtrack? I tried it for the first time and I don't really like it... Daioujou is already not my favourite Namiki soundtrack, but the arranges here seem to not really fit the game, much like that weird X360 Saidaioujou arranged soundtrack. It also seems really quiet, but I haven't looked at the EQ settings yet.
Haven't tried the new BGM yet, was hoping to save that for when I get real tired of the original one. Try switching to the arcade BGM instead of the remastered arcade BGM, it's instantly louder / punchier. The second I tried the M2 port I was wondering why I couldn't hear the music and playing the arcade / Arika port just reconfirmed what I was remembering, the music is very clear apart from that M2 remaster of the original OST.
beer gas canister

Post by beer gas canister »

Steven wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:25 am Anyway, what does everyone think of the new arranged soundtrack? I tried it for the first time and I don't really like it... Daioujou is already not my favourite Namiki soundtrack, but the arranges here seem to not really fit the game, much like that weird X360 Saidaioujou arranged soundtrack. It also seems really quiet, but I haven't looked at the EQ settings yet.
New OST rules. It's got a lot of dynamics, and the first stage is a super slow build, but after that the tunes take off big time and get really rockin in later stages. Some passages are more atmospheric than melodic, and it's easy to miss details during a run, so I keep hearing new stuff in there all the time
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

Steven wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:25 am Switch controllers are a travesty in general. Might have to get that Bluetooth M30, though. I have the one that is for the real Mega Drive and it's awesome. PS5 controller is pretty okay, but the system really needs more Saturn controllers and I don't trust any of those controller adaptors to not add lag. Might try the Fighting Commander Octa. What I REALLY need is a Saturn controller for X360 so I can stop playing Saidaioujou with a regular X360 controller.

Anyway, what does everyone think of the new arranged soundtrack? I tried it for the first time and I don't really like it... Daioujou is already not my favourite Namiki soundtrack, but the arranges here seem to not really fit the game, much like that weird X360 Saidaioujou arranged soundtrack. It also seems really quiet, but I haven't looked at the EQ settings yet.
I haaaaate the new soundtrack. For me it's the one part of the game where the devs really dropped the ball. Can't believe they didn't include the PS2 arrange, or the 360 arrange.

Only reason it gets any play at all from me is I need to switch it up after every 20th restart or so.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

They don't have the rights to work that Arika or 5PB did, so that's why those soundtracks are not included. Same with Death Label or any of the alt modes on the 360 DOJ port. That's all work done by other studios, which M2 can't really get the rights to without significant legal work.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
giga222

Post by giga222 »

Silly question - where are the arrange soundtracks in the Switch version? When I play any game mode, the only options I get are arcade and the v2023 soundtrack. Even in the materials room, there is only the original arcade soundtrack and the 2023 soundtrack. Secondly, the arcade challenge mode menu has a really cool soundtrack. Is this available anywhere?
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Here are both RC Berg's re-release of their Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou model kits available through pre-order with shipping to begin in March of 2024 with a MSRP 14,000 yen retail price each:

Type A Fightercraft -- https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-dodonpa ... r-rcb96512

Type B Fightercraft -- https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-dodonpa ... r-rcb96513

There's also the Kotobukiya 1/144th scale Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Type A plastic model kit (of the famous Type A Fightercraft depicted within the arcade game itself) that was released back in 2015 as well (with 140 seperate parts overall within the actual kit itself and includes a cool handy display stand also) with sculpting done by Hiroshi Iseya himself. https://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/en/product ... 054105687/ Too bad that Kotobukiya of Japan doesn't ship internationally but only within Japan itself as stated on their website.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

giga222 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:09 am Silly question - where are the arrange soundtracks in the Switch version? When I play any game mode, the only options I get are arcade and the v2023 soundtrack. Even in the materials room, there is only the original arcade soundtrack and the 2023 soundtrack. Secondly, the arcade challenge mode menu has a really cool soundtrack. Is this available anywhere?
So what happens for you when you press right when then 2023 OST is selected? There should be three choices
giga222

Post by giga222 »

ASDR wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:18 pm
giga222 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:09 am Silly question - where are the arrange soundtracks in the Switch version? When I play any game mode, the only options I get are arcade and the v2023 soundtrack. Even in the materials room, there is only the original arcade soundtrack and the 2023 soundtrack. Secondly, the arcade challenge mode menu has a really cool soundtrack. Is this available anywhere?
So what happens for you when you press right when then 2023 OST is selected? There should be three choices
Ah found it thanks, I am an idiot :roll:

btw, someone posted translations of menus and game manual using google lens here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/shmups/comment ... lated_pdf/
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:43 pm
There's also the Kotobukiya 1/144th scale Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Type A plastic model kit (of the famous Type A Fightercraft depicted within the arcade game itself) that was released back in 2015 as well (with 140 seperate parts overall within the actual kit itself and includes a cool handy display stand also) with sculpting done by Hiroshi Iseya himself. https://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/en/product ... 054105687/ Too bad that Kotobukiya of Japan doesn't ship internationally but only within Japan itself as stated on their website.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Those bastards... i really want that fucking thing
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
RobHimself

Post by RobHimself »

@Steven

FWIW I just got a PS5 Hori Fighting Commander Octa and am pleasantly surprised how good it is despite the negative reviews out there.

Out of the box the D-Pad is really good. I installed the Hori companion app on my PC to see what other options you have and the default is set to "Balanced Input" for the D-Pad but you can disable that and customize the sensitivity however you want it. Although I did experiement a bit, I ended up just preferring the default settings as it felt more precise and natural to me.

The octogate short throw joystick is really good, especially when I'm playing charge characters in SF like Chun-Li. It might not offer you the micro-movement as a dpad for shmups but it is definitely offers more analog precision than a regular DualSense/DualShock analog stick.

The 6 buttons on the face are microswitches and the shoulder buttons are rubber-dome based. It would have been nice to have the shoulder buttons use microswitches but they are serviceable and honestly better than the previous Fighting Commanders that had a tendency to stick. Hopefully these don't stick over time, but I have a brand new PS4 Hori Fighting Commander (Saturn-style) and those shoulder buttons are already kinda sticky and compared to the Octa there's none of that yet.

Ergonomics I think are excellent, my hands are on the smaller side but fits like a glove. Can play on it for longer duration without fatigue (unlike most other gamepads I have). Also I was surprised by the weight. A lot of reviews were making it out to seem it was light as a feather but that's not really the case. It is more lighter weight than a DualSense but it's not that drastic of a difference. It's not going to fly out of your hands.

I would like to address some of the misinformation around the assign functionality on the controller. You absolutely can assign buttons however you want on the controller itself without the need for the Hori companion app. The instruction manual will tell you how to do so. So if you're like me and don't need L3/R3 on the left shoulder buttons, you can reassign those to whatever you want. Goes for the rest of the buttons as well. The D-Pad sensitivity can also be changed on the controller without needing the app.

I just wanted to put this out there because there have been negative reviews saying you couldn't, but you can.

I can't speak to the Xbox or PC variants of the controller, apparently those have different negative reviews with regards to build quality, but the PS5 one has been fantastic. I am super glad I don't have to worry about paying fleabay prices for an old Fighting Commander.

PS I still use an arcade stick as my daily driver but its nice to have a gamepad around when I'm lazy.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

RobHimself wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:47 am @Steven

FWIW I just got a PS5 Hori Fighting Commander Octa and am pleasantly surprised how good it is despite the negative reviews out there.

Out of the box the D-Pad is really good. I installed the Hori companion app on my PC to see what other options you have and the default is set to "Balanced Input" for the D-Pad but you can disable that and customize the sensitivity however you want it. Although I did experiement a bit, I ended up just preferring the default settings as it felt more precise and natural to me.

The octogate short throw joystick is really good, especially when I'm playing charge characters in SF like Chun-Li. It might not offer you the micro-movement as a dpad for shmups but it is definitely offers more analog precision than a regular DualSense/DualShock analog stick.

The 6 buttons on the face are microswitches and the shoulder buttons are rubber-dome based. It would have been nice to have the shoulder buttons use microswitches but they are serviceable and honestly better than the previous Fighting Commanders that had a tendency to stick. Hopefully these don't stick over time, but I have a brand new PS4 Hori Fighting Commander (Saturn-style) and those shoulder buttons are already kinda sticky and compared to the Octa there's none of that yet.

Ergonomics I think are excellent, my hands are on the smaller side but fits like a glove. Can play on it for longer duration without fatigue (unlike most other gamepads I have). Also I was surprised by the weight. A lot of reviews were making it out to seem it was light as a feather but that's not really the case. It is more lighter weight than a DualSense but it's not that drastic of a difference. It's not going to fly out of your hands.

I would like to address some of the misinformation around the assign functionality on the controller. You absolutely can assign buttons however you want on the controller itself without the need for the Hori companion app. The instruction manual will tell you how to do so. So if you're like me and don't need L3/R3 on the left shoulder buttons, you can reassign those to whatever you want. Goes for the rest of the buttons as well. The D-Pad sensitivity can also be changed on the controller without needing the app.

I just wanted to put this out there because there have been negative reviews saying you couldn't, but you can.

I can't speak to the Xbox or PC variants of the controller, apparently those have different negative reviews with regards to build quality, but the PS5 one has been fantastic. I am super glad I don't have to worry about paying fleabay prices for an old Fighting Commander.

PS I still use an arcade stick as my daily driver but its nice to have a gamepad around when I'm lazy.
For RobHimself,

I have the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One/Series S/X, the older Hori Fighting Commander for PS3/PS4 (the one with a small dial to angle the D-pad to your liking) and the Hori Fighting Commander for Switch. I realize that the Hori Fighting Commander gamepads for the PS3/PS4 and the Xbox One/Series S/X fetch high prices on the secondary gamepad market due to them being "out of production/sold out at retail" nowadays.

I like how the Switch Fighting Commander gamepad has auto-fire capability from the get-go (which is great if you need to use it for certain game titles). The Hori Fighting Commander PS4 gamepad does have auto-fire functionality built-in whereas with the XBox One/Series S/X variant, it does not have auto-fire capability whatsoever (but has the buttons remappable functionality instead). It's nice to be able to choose a proper gamepad or arcade stick when the occasion arises.

On the Switch, using a Mayflash Magicstick Pro usb adapter with a Qanba Crystal PS3/PS4 arcade stick works very well with it's elegant layout and blue led lighting aestethics/vibe going on.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Steven wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:25 am Daioujou is already not my favourite Namiki soundtrack, but the arranges here seem to not really fit the game, much like that weird X360 Saidaioujou arranged soundtrack.
The SDOJ Soundtrack of the 360 mode is just awesome. I absolutely love it and I dont really feel the classic one.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

AGermanArtist wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:46 pmHow can I view the 'picture' in Arcade Osari? I want to check my progress.
Replying to a 3+ month old post that AGermanArtist probably figured out, but thought I'd add some details here for anyone who may be curious about this or the Arcade Osarai mode in general.

I'm guessing the quoted question was due to the PS4 version having a trophy with the English description saying "Reveal all Element Dolls in the Arcade Osarai Mode artwork.", which was also a little confusing to me at first. What it means is that, in the Arcade Osarai mode menu behind the 5x5 grid there is art of the three pilots, obscured by the boxes. It's just a silhouette at first (well, 3 silhouettes), and there are three unlocks once you get a certain number of "Doll's Memory" points. The pictures unlock from left to right, Shotia first at around 30k-32k Doll's Memory points, then Leinyan somewhere in the 60k-65k range, and Exy at 100k (or close to it). It doesn't appear to matter which doll you use in the Arcade mode and Osarai practice, all three girls' portraits still seem to unlock in the same order.

As for how Osarai mode works:
You must use the White Label Arcade mode - not available for Black Label, DDP3, Super Easy, or Arrange modes. If you're playing Arcade mode on standard settings (score eligible), the game will track your deaths on your first credit only. Once you game over, you'll see an auto-save for your game settings file and a note that data for Osarai mode was saved. Every additional time you play Arcade mode and die, your deaths from the first credit also go over to Osarai mode.

Now when you open Osarai mode, you'll see little boxes for all of your arcade deaths, and the game will kick you back into that specific situation where you to let you practice that small chunk of the level or boss pattern until you clear it. If you get hit, the mini-section of the game will rewind back to the start of the "clip" and drop you immediately back in to keep retrying. It's REALLY good training practice.

The Doll's Memory points: The further into the game you made it before a death, the more points you get for successfully clearing the Osarai practice. Points go up for Osarai snippets from later in the game (i.e., a death in stage 1 gives you less points than a death on stage 2). There are two rewards per Osarai segment, the gold for clearing without bombing (which unlocks the points for both gold and silver if you didn't already have silver), and the silver for clearing but using a bomb. You can repeat each of the last 25 Osarai segments as much as you like for practice, but you only get Memory points for the first win.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Yeah, I booted Ketsui where I already cleared that mode and remembered that you have to play Arcade, d'oh. I'd been playing the Arranges...
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

I thought Hibachi was supposed to show up at the end of the second loop, but I met him at the first loop (Black Label -> New version -> Round 1). I didn't make it to him legit of course, I just credit feeded my way through as to put out save states. Why... did he show up anyway? What am I not understanding? :D
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

Starfighter wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:13 pm I thought Hibachi was supposed to show up at the end of the second loop, but I met him at the first loop (Black Label -> New version -> Round 1). I didn't make it to him legit of course, I just credit feeded my way through as to put out save states. Why... did he show up anyway? What am I not understanding? :D
You chose a one loop game at the start; that automatically puts the Hibachi fight at the end. If you want a one loop clear without having to fight Hibachi, you'll need to start in 2 loop mode.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

DDP Black Label introduced a round select at the start of the game. If you pick 1 Round, you play the standard 1st loop but are guaranteed to fight Hibachi at the end of it. The game will end afterwards. This is effectively a bonus way that you can practice Hibachi and experience it if you if you're unable to loop the game normally.

2 Rounds is the standard way to play; you still need to meet the normal loop requirements to trigger the second loop. If you don't, the game ends after loop 1. If you trigger the requirements for loop 2, you get the harder second loop, and Hibachi shows up at the end. The ending scenes are the same I think whether or not you get a 1-ALL (ending at loop 1) or a 2-ALL clear (ending at loop 2).
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

Oooh, that makes sense, thanks guys! My bad for thinking "it lets me choose which loop to start at". :D
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I bought the Famitsu extras for this. Way too expensive.

I wish they just had a mega box or whatever, that was reasonably priced.

On the topic of controllers... I'm playing this on PS4, and I'm using those Hori mini pads. Not that great, but better than the main
controller.
Can't compare at all to something like a Saturn pad, though.
ryu

Post by ryu »

I'm mildly disappointed they didn't take inspiration from DDP's saturn port for the casual mode. The normal mode in that version had the difficulty just right for a console STG.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
davyK

Post by davyK »

I use the little Hori stick for shmups on Switch. Simply don't get on with the joycons which are fine for Nintendo's own games. I tend to play docked - got the flip grip but no dpad option that way. :cry:
Augemitbutter

Post by Augemitbutter »

i did 1cc a few games on the PS5 pad, so that one is definitely good enough for me. Now my only concern is durability. I already wrecked 2 PS4 d-pads and the 3rd starts making sounds but still works great.
evil_ash_xero wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:09 pm I bought the Famitsu extras for this. Way too expensive.

On the topic of controllers... I'm playing this on PS4, and I'm using those Hori mini pads. Not that great, but better than the main
controller.
yea, all this stuff gets real expensive these days if you calculate shipping costs :( i just wanted the OST and to see that weird cube in person.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Might be worth replacing the rubber membranes on dual shock 4. Saw a while back on Twitter one of the Garegga world record holders was showing how they had to buy a big pack of rubber pads bc they burned through them in as little as 2 months. Should only be a few bucks each time, and the PCB and solid plastic parts of a pad should last quite a while.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Augemitbutter wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:41 pm i did 1cc a few games on the PS5 pad, so that one is definitely good enough for me. Now my only concern is durability. I already wrecked 2 PS4 d-pads and the 3rd starts making sounds but still works great.
evil_ash_xero wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:09 pm I bought the Famitsu extras for this. Way too expensive.

controller.
yea, all this stuff gets real expensive these days if you calculate shipping costs :( i just wanted the OST and to see that weird cube in person.
I didn't get the cube! Dammit. I got some portrait cards of the characters that seem to be made out of some sort of plastic, and a wall scroll. I forgot all about the other stuff. Well, it's OK. I was drawn
in my the Jun cards.