Tatsujin Extreme

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
XtraSmiley

Re: Tatsujin Extreme

Post by XtraSmiley »

Thanks Steven, awesome news!
jehu

Post by jehu »

Really fantastic news all around! Especially about the checkpoints and Yuge's involvement - promises great things.

If it ends up being PS5 exclusive, this will be the game that drags me into next-gen.
Nahar

Post by Nahar »

Great news to hear, Steven! I think this is gonna be a temporary exclusive game.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Also, if it makes you feel any better, 99% of the games look like absolute shit until they are very close to release.
This is because there is very little point to spend endless amount of hours to add and modify lighting when everything in level design and placement can still change hundreds of times.
Of course, there are games that may look good already in their announcement videos, but these are usually cases where they had set up some "exhibition part" of the game that will have little rememblance to the actual experience in the end.

Also, I believe that Yuge is experienced enough to know that gameplay comes always first. It's great to hear that he is finetuning the experience :)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Steven wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:07 pm he's constantly throwing stuff out and redoing stuff.
Good
Oh, and the crappy framerate in the PV? Yeah, no. Absolutely perfect framerate through the entire demo. Not a single issue at all.
Good
It has checkpoints![/b] This instant respawn build is just for TGS. Yuge-san said that Tatsujin = checkpoints.
Good
bombs are, once again, and as Toaplan always intended, a secondary weapon, not something to avoid using.
Good
First, the graphics look much better than they do in the PV on Youtube. They are bright and colorful and everything looks good.
How come the video showcases a game that looks almost greyscale then? What was even the idea with that video? I understand that the game is unfinished, but it's seriously underselling the game, and I think even at this point they've left a really bad first impression on a potential audience that's not massively interested in Tatsujin, but still try to keep in touch with new STGs.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Awesome exclusive. Thanks for taking the time to speak to them and type all that out.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Don't tell me nobody asked them if there's even a slight possibility of getting a vertical mode?
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Wow Steven that is hype! I can feel your enthusiasm oozing off the screen. Exciting info and many thanks for sharing :D
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Actually think it looks pretty good here, and more importantly, fun. Just need to make it less fucking dark and bump the saturation a bit.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Thanks for the infos Steven. I like the Comic idea. I often wish, STGs would have more story and pictures of the wirld, enemies and ships (or characters) interacting. Especially I wished it for Tatsujin because its world looks very interesting. Much more than most other STGs.

The fullscreen bomb is what I am used to because of the MD version of the game so I like it^^
jpd66

Post by jpd66 »

Has anyone heard anything lately about when this game might be released? Very curious and intrigued.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I'm still waiting for that.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Give me 7 days.
velo

Post by velo »

Is Extreme going to beat Toaplan Garage Tatsujin out the door? Never got my clear on the original. Crisis Wing is still backed up on my queue too.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I can't wait to watch people complain about the aspect ratio without even playing it once it releases.
Sam250

Post by Sam250 »

I want more vertizontals. Verts have a much better track record, but that's in part because we know what works for verts. My theory is that because few vertizontals get made, we haven't figured out what combinations of level design, movement characteristics, weapon characteristics work really well in that format. I want to see more shmups try.
jpd66

Post by jpd66 »

Steven wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:25 am Give me 7 days.
So, any good news that you’re able to share? :lol:
Steven

Post by Steven »

jpd66 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:08 pm
Steven wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:25 am Give me 7 days.
So, any good news that you’re able to share? :lol:
Nope. Missed my chance to talk to Yuge-san. I saw him for about two seconds and then he disappeared.
jpd66

Post by jpd66 »

Aw man, oh well. They will announce something when they’re ready. Really looking forward to seeing what this is gonna be like.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Sounds like he saw you coming :D
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Sumez wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:24 pm Sounds like he saw you coming :D