R-Type Final2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
xxx1993

Re: R-Type Final2

Post by xxx1993 »

I get the feeling we won’t get R-Type Final 3 until next year…
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Strange that R-Type Final 2's Barakus gets censored on Playstation and Switch when the R-Type Dimensions EX version on the same platforms did not.

BIL

Post by BIL »

Esteemed auteurs like Akio-san enjoy a certain level of special dispensation; similar was seen in Ridley Scott's Alien Covenant dodging an NC-17 certification. Image

PerishedFraud ឵឵

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

pablumatic wrote:Strange that R-Type Final 2's Barakus gets censored on Playstation and Switch when the R-Type Dimensions EX version on the same platforms did not.
I think it's a situation of them only caring if it's 3D. They can't possibly see a schwanzer in those pixel kiddy graphics :lol:
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

BrianC wrote:
BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:It’s out in NA!
My morbid curiosity demands footage of the censored version of the boss. :lol:
Here is some footage of the censored version (around 3:56), though the thumbnail for it still shows the old version.
Looks even more explicit verging into the fetish line. Censorship FAIL.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Finally beat all three paths on Normal difficulty. Stage 6.1 and 7.1 still kick my ass. At least the final boss in 7.2 still goes down pathetically, thank God.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

xxx1993 wrote:Finally beat all three paths on Normal difficulty. Stage 6.1 and 7.1 still kick my ass. At least the final boss in 7.2 still goes down pathetically, thank God.
Congratulations! Beating the .1 path definitely took me the longest, too. Stage 7.1 is actually not that bad, maybe apart from the choke point right before you exit the station. Stage 6.1, however, is just devious. I recommend switching to a ship with bombs that drop straight down (Kiwi Berry worked great for me) and hugging the right wall. That's more than half if the stage sorted out then.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I often used Andromalius for my play. I had to switch to the Shooting Star for 7.2 because the Bydo fighters at the start of the stage kept ganging up on me. I then used the Arrowhead for the final boss in 7.0 and 7.2.
postman

Post by postman »

Next patch is out in NA, bydo class ships added, I didn't play the full game yet to see if the new paths are added though.

Edit: Just played the full game, stage 5 still has a grey orb that takes you to the standard level, so unless there is a trick involved, no new branches.

Only bydo outfits in the store and the bydo ships as I see it.
Last edited by postman on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't just dodge bullets, dance around them.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I haven't played this in a few months, I should jump back and see how it is. I think I really ought to switch to the PC port for long-term stability, but it feels like it would be a pain to unlock my dozen+ hours of play all over again...
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

- A couple of new missile types to accompany the homing eyeballs for the Bydo ships: A Bydo spread-bomb that leaves pink goo everywhere and a Bydo depth-charge.

- Bydo ships have a new spiky/fleshy interior glimpsed in the intro sequence.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I had an update notice on my Switch a couple of days ago, but that seemed to have been an accident. All it got me was new packages of ship building materials in the shop, which costed 0 coins, and a stage Y3.0 course, which took me to a very unfinished, completely untextured stage with no enemies that looped a couple of times and then crashed.

I haven't played the game since but I wonder if the ships I built with the free materials will still be in my hangar now that the proper patch has arrived.
JBC

Post by JBC »

How's it running on Switch these days compared to the demo and day 1 release? Has performance & loading improved? Would you guys say it's worth it to double dip for the portability? Just got a swoled and thinking about it.
Godzilla was an inside job
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

8BA wrote:How's it running on Switch these days compared to the demo and day 1 release? Has performance & loading improved? Would you guys say it's worth it to double dip for the portability? Just got a swoled and thinking about it.
I never really had any complaints about how it's running on the Switch. There are less fancy lighting effects than in other versions, but to me performance seems just fine. Loading times are a whole other issue, though. They are ridiculously long. It seems to me they have sped up slightly after a few patches, but that might just be Stockholm syndrome. On the positive side, this gives all the more incentive to not die in the first place. :wink:
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Made this video shortly after release (SWI vs PS4) and I think, there is no need to adjust the performance of the Switch version. Its really fine and I only play RT2, when I want to record a run ^^

https://youtu.be/Sb27dkFDrWM
DenimDemon

R-Type Final2

Post by DenimDemon »

Angry Hina wrote:Made this video shortly after release (SWI vs PS4) and I think, there is no need to adjust the performance of the Switch version. Its really fine and I only play RT2, when I want to record a run ^^

https://youtu.be/Sb27dkFDrWM
Sorry to disagree. The difference in performance is quite distracting to me, really bad on switch. I play both all the time back to back and while I enjoy enough the Switch version( clock around 60hours now )the frame pacing is so bad that I simply find it nearly unplayable in docked mode. Undock i think it’s fine for what it is and once you get used to the stages you can have a lot of fun while portable, headphone’s included.
But sweet jesus.
Just boot the first stage on switch and move the ship from let to right. Then do the same on PS4/pc. You feel that? Now everything moves like that on switch, stage, enemies, bullets etc. now add the lower resolution to that. Personally I can’t even 1cc Bydo on Switch. Then there’s the loadings…

What really pisses me off is that Switch is my main console and there’s no reason for the machine not run this game near PS4 levels.

Oh load RType Final 2 stage 2. Now move around and shoot the pee shot. It’s horrible!

If for portable sake I would say GO! For undocked I would say No. wish there was cross saves though. Even got the pass on both machines.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

I mostly play in handheld mode but did my recording docked. Dondt have these problems so far. Ok, the first stage but this one is extremely easy and it will not hold you back going for a 1cc if the first one runs not so well.

And then there are these microlags on the PS4 which sometimes distract me more.

And yeah the load times are long but this is also true for the PS4 version. The difference is not too big but yes, both versions could be way better when it comes to load times.

But as I said, I havent played soo much when docked (just a kids 1cc done). possibly I will try the mentioned bydo run whith this config^^
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Got another update message on my Switch. The official new update still isn't there, but that glitchy unfinished stage Y3.0 is still accessible, and it got a whooping 2 enemies in it now, which also appear as new entries in the bydo lab gallery. Additionally, one of the background objects in the stage gained a texture. The stage still crashes a couple of seconds in.

Anyone else experience this?
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Hey all. Any new resources with the new patch?
Dying to get my hands on cerberus.
Arms installation complete Good luck
JBC

Post by JBC »

I picked up the Switch version after all and these load times aren't bad. I don't even notice them, and I usually play on XSX.

Visually there's a pretty clear downgrade but it's not too bad, just some chunky particle effects and less flashy lighting. The frame rate is where it really hurts, but not enough to really matter. I mean, I still play Super R-Type on SNES with no complaints and this doesn't even come close to that.

I've only played in handheld mode so far btw. Not really interested in docked's performance since I have the XSX version.
Godzilla was an inside job
postman

Post by postman »

Hey all. Any new resources with the new patch?
Dying to get my hands on cerberus.
Every update the store adds a one time purchase of each element, usually enough for one ship. Then it's up to you to grind it out for the rest.

For those who like the homing force that chases down everything, the Bydo class is for you!
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Herr Schatten wrote:Got another update message on my Switch. The official new update still isn't there, but that glitchy unfinished stage Y3.0 is still accessible, and it got a whooping 2 enemies in it now, which also appear as new entries in the bydo lab gallery. Additionally, one of the background objects in the stage gained a texture. The stage still crashes a couple of seconds in.

Yeah. It also happened with me…why does it take it so long to fix that?
postman

Post by postman »

Gotta say that I like the take on "platonic love" ship, quite unique when compared to the others!

I guess we won't get R-TF3 update until second quarter 2022 at this rate.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Neat, the pilot titles now tell you how you got them.
DenimDemon wrote:
Herr Schatten wrote:Got another update message on my Switch. The official new update still isn't there, but that glitchy unfinished stage Y3.0 is still accessible, and it got a whooping 2 enemies in it now, which also appear as new entries in the bydo lab gallery. Additionally, one of the background objects in the stage gained a texture. The stage still crashes a couple of seconds in.

Yeah. It also happened with me…why does it take it so long to fix that?
I haven't experienced this but it's happened a few times before with the earlier DLC stages.

Speaking of which, the next two are apparently from Tactics II and Delta (stage 4?) per the trophy descriptions.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

I wonder how well they'll translate the brutality of Geirrod into a shmup stage.

I wanted to try out the new costumes but I cant turn myself into a girl! :(
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

DLC 5 Trailer

Coming soonish in Japan, January 28 everywhere else per NISA.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

I want to buy the ps4 version,are there improvements since release?
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

silvergunner wrote:I want to buy the ps4 version,are there improvements since release?
Not sure what you mean. Runs fantastic on Pro here. Some dip once in while here and there on same dlc mainly. Otherwise sharp and smooth.
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

DenimDemon wrote:
silvergunner wrote:I want to buy the ps4 version,are there improvements since release?
Not sure what you mean. Runs fantastic on Pro here. Some dip once in while here and there on same dlc mainly. Otherwise sharp and smooth.
Seconded. Other than a slightly long delay after death, it runs great! The dlc levels are fantastic too.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

Thanks...just bought it with dlc 1,2,3 :D

EDIT: 17 ships unlocked and i get it to Stage 4 and play some dlc stages...
I really like this game,didn`t have that much love for Final 1 :(