Hiroshi Iuchi's UBUSUNA for the PS4

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Redfox

Re: Hiroshi Iuchi's UBUSUNA for the PS4

Post by Redfox »

Warp_Rattler wrote:
kid aphex wrote:Found something quoted as early as 2009 on the assemblergames forum
posted by GaijinPunch on Oct 11, 2009:

-Hiroshi Iuchi has left the company
-Project RS-3 is apparently on ice
This gels with what I recall, as RS-3 was initially rumored as an Xbox 360 project.
I'm sure I was peripherally aware of it being in the works at the time, but I'm still surprised this has had such a long development period. I feel like my mental conflation of Ubusuna with RS-3 was much more recent, like just in the past few years or so (when I also discovered that Iuchi had been employed at M2 for some time).
I think the long and short of it is that because of its pedigree and mainstream clout, there’s a certain amount of frothing demand for a sequel to Ikaruga (and RSG) that leads a lot of people inferring a lot of things, which is particularly easy to do over the span of a fifteen years and between two languages.
Yeah, the most likely explanation is that I just picked the idea up in passing at some point in the past few years, though I have no idea where it would have been. I don't spend much time on dedicated game news sites, and more dedicated sources of info such as this website generally trend towards more accurate/specific details. I'll just chalk it up to some sort of odd, digital-age Mandela Effect or something.

You don't think it could have been the "leaked" news earlier this year about a new RS project from treasure? That turned out to just be the Switch port of RS 1?

https://www.destructoid.com/radiant-sil ... k-gematsu/
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Whatever Hiroshi Iuchi has planned for Ubusuna, I hope he gives us an epic, 11-minute final boss battle akin to Mandler in Sol Cresta. I don't want it to last six minutes like Ikaruga, let's up the ante and go the extra mile. Of course, also give us the obligatory final form where we have to dodge its attacks for about a minute without any weapons or countermeasures.
cfx

Post by cfx »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
BIL

Post by BIL »

xxx1993 wrote:Whatever Hiroshi Iuchi has planned for Ubusuna, I hope he gives us an epic, 11-minute final boss battle akin to Mandler in Sol Cresta. I don't want it to last six minutes like Ikaruga, let's up the ante and go the extra mile. Of course, also give us the obligatory final form where we have to dodge its attacks for about a minute without any weapons or countermeasures.
Sorry x93-kun, my uncle who works at Treasure confirmed that the last boss is none other than everyone's favourite mastermind, Gynoug Dickman.

There is a surprise waiting for those who keep it up long enough to reach the TLB though!

ENCOUNTERED AN ASSAILANT
GYNOUG DICKMAN: COVENANT

1: targeted cumshot in ur fuckin face 2: spawn sniper tanks up ur UBUANUS 3: Bendy Taito DickLazor reacharound
ben.shinobi

Post by ben.shinobi »

Some recent news from Iuchi's blog (29/12) : https://www.vgmaterials.com/
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

I'm pretty sure this is the person. Who has come on to do graphics for Ubusuna:

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%BC%AA ... 5%E3%81%8C
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

ben.shinobi wrote:Some recent news from Iuchi's blog (29/12) : https://www.vgmaterials.com/
I think the link's broken.
pja

Post by pja »

xxx1993 wrote:
ben.shinobi wrote:Some recent news from Iuchi's blog (29/12) : https://www.vgmaterials.com/
The link is not broken, but Iuchi's site has a bizarre behaviour that if you follow the link from the forums (and perhaps from elsewhere, didn't bother to test), you get 403 Forbidden, but if you just paste the address into the address bar it loads normally.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

That's weird, I don't know why it does that... But either way, I hope this game is worth the wait, no matter how long. I'm hoping we get it either sometime this year or 2024. Regardless, I might want to save this game for last.
Telek1n3tik

Post by Telek1n3tik »

Anyone else notice that the lines in the Ubusuna logo appear to be forming something vaguely… octahedral?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Longtime Ikaruga/Radiant Silvergun fan... if this game really is coming (and I saw the video from last year)...

You can believe me that I am hyped. I followed M2 on YouTube and Twitter today as well.
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Blade wrote:Longtime Ikaruga/Radiant Silvergun fan... if this game really is coming (and I saw the video from last year)...

You can believe me that I am hyped. I followed M2 on YouTube and Twitter today as well.
You and me both. I just hope we get this game either this year or next year.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

update. I'll stop holding my breath in anticipation.
Spoiler
Hiroshi Iuchi wrote:I don't have anything special to say this year. To be honest, I can't say that we have made much progress in the ``visible areas''. We are doing our best, but it takes a lot of time to create resources these days, and our staff is also taken away to help with other projects, so we sometimes stop production for parts of the year ( This can't be helped). Currently, I have no choice but to refine the specifications in my head and improve the quality while working on the sound, graphics, and planning.

As I have said before, all stages are certainly moving. However, ``working'' does not mean ``completed,'' so I make changes as many times as I need to, and sometimes I change things from the beginning. Unfortunately, I'm not a very good developer, so I repeat trial and error both in my head and in my work. It's hard to make it more efficient, but even though it's a shooting game, the gameplay of Ubusuna doesn't apply to any rules of thumb, and for me it's all about experimentation, so in a sense, it may only be solved by making repeated small adjustments. I'm starting to feel like there isn't one.

One thing is for sure: M2 President Horii fully supports the concept I proposed, so I wouldn't want to give up on it. No matter how many years it takes, I will continue as long as I don't die, so all I can say to everyone who has been waiting is, ``I want you to wait.'' That's why please don't write things like "Ubusuna Owata...orz" on SNS!

Was the announcement in 2014 too early? I was also told that, but I don't think so. Given the current circumstances in the advertising and gaming industry, you can understand why if you are in the position of a small or medium-sized company producing and selling original, unknown products. Do you have my background and name? That kind of thing is like garbage. Most people don't know about it, so it's not very helpful. Nowadays, just having someone remember the title and existence of a game ahead of time is a big deal.

Doesn't it feel like a wake for some reason? (Perhaps it's my fault!) In any case, we are moving forward, even if only little by little. Also, the design team led by Mr. Wa Kususa will be releasing high quality designs and models one after another, so please look forward to it. That's all I want to tell you.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Link's broken.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

xxx1993 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:20 pm Link's broken.
pja wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:36 am
xxx1993 wrote:
The link is not broken, but Iuchi's site has a bizarre behaviour that if you follow the link from the forums (and perhaps from elsewhere, didn't bother to test), you get 403 Forbidden, but if you just paste the address into the address bar it loads normally.
https://www.vgmaterials.com/

At least during the wait we can check out some of Iuchi's favorite music picks for '23 that he lists at the end of his post.

It sounds like we'll be seeing a bunch of the ship designs and artwork etc sooner than later. But no finished game anytime soon.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Sorry, I keep forgetting about that… But anyway, I hope to see Ubusuna either 2024 or 2025.