Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO Int.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
d0s

Re: Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO I

Post by d0s »

actually comparing these two videos side by side is pretty instructive:

Raiden IV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0v-glAdehM

Raiden V:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6rCsBF2Cew

notice how V seems to have vaseline smeared all over it
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

"the game does not function properly without workarounds" that only apply to a very specific group of people that might as well be doing it wrong. Even a regular old software bug makes more sense than this. If I ever run into an "edge case" like this, it will entirely be my fault, and I will laugh about it. For a "hardcore PC gamer", you really know nothing about game development or PC standards, and that is no laughing matter.

Guys, I'm not sure if you think I was joking about the IGN Shmups thing or what. This thread has really cemented this conclusion more than any other on this forum.
Last edited by Despatche on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Despatche wrote:"the game does not function properly without workarounds" that only apply to a very specific group of people that might as well be doing it wrong. Even a regular old software bug makes more sense than this. If I ever run into an "edge case" like this, it will entirely be my fault, and I will laugh about it. You really know nothing about game development or PC standards. That is no laughing matter.
Launching the game and trying to play it is... doing it wrong? Fascinating.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

That's definitely not your sin. Please actually read the post, and please understand that you're a really annoying minority that's been dragging down PC game development even more than PC game development drags its own crazy self down.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Despatche wrote:That's definitely not your sin. Please actually read the post, and please understand that you're a really annoying minority that's been dragging down PC game development even more than PC game development drags its own crazy self down.
No what drags PC game development down is people who think that launching a game and playing it shouldn't just work, but require you to do specific workarounds depending on what hardware you have is what's dragging PC game development down.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

What drags a game down is really annoying minorities demanding that the developers lose money because of a really minor bug that only affects them. At no point do they consider that PC game development is actually really fucking hard and generally has way less returns than just sticking to console development. At no point do they consider that a really minor bug is a really minor bug, whether it gets fixed or not, which is dependent on a lot of things that have nothing to do with some random Steam user's demands. No, these people are the Grand Arbiters of PC Gaming, even though they end up knowing little about PC gaming.

You are one of these people. People like you seem to be all over the Steam forums and in any community that even tries to talk about PC games. You people actually make me sick. You're so much worse than this d0s guy, and he's actually made me age years just from how fucking depressing it is to deal with him.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Despatche wrote:I just love how people think 1080p/60Hz is a subpar port. I also love how everyone seems to have a 144Hz monitor these days. Even worse than the 21:9 whinging, not gonna lie. At least 21:9 makes sense for Dariusburst, even if it's the only thing it actually makes sense for.

A really minor bug that's probably gonna be fixed anyway is a total non-issue in a world where the vast majority of people have 60Hz-specific monitors or already have 60Hz set up on their card.
LOL that is not a really minor bug at all, it's a pretty major one for a PC game. Tying the game to the refresh rate is one of the most common complaints for poor PC ports and for good reason, people have a wide range of hardware. You seem to be very passionate about the game but this is just fanboyism.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

This has almost nothing to do with Raiden V, so I have no idea what fanboyism has to do with anything in the universe. It's one of the most minor bugs in PC games. It's a long-standing PC gaming meme that used to pop up never, and I could always safely ignore it until now. That's because it's very rare, and in a just world it would be impossible to detect. This is not a just world, if it ever was.

I am very tired. When I wake up, I hope it's not in this bizarro world where right is wrong and everyone knows nothing about the most basic things. But it almost certainly will be, again and again, year after year.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Despatche wrote:What drags a game down is really annoying minorities demanding that the developers lose money because of a really minor bug that only affects them. At no point do they consider that PC game development is actually really fucking hard and generally has way less returns than just sticking to console development.
Wow you're the second person I've seen here who think porting games to PC is some sort of charity effort. It isn't. They profit from us (or they would not do it) and that means we as customers can make comments on the quality of their product. Their PC port efforts here are sub-par, running into a bug that 99.9% of game publishers test for and account for.

Telling people to stay away from game developers with so little regards to quality when there are plenty game publishers who do strive for higher standards isn't that weird and I have no idea why you feel like calling me out on it.
d0s

Post by d0s »

I saw a guy on the steam page complaining that the game was not 4K native and that was pretty hilarious
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

d0s wrote:I saw a guy on the steam page complaining that the game was not 4K native and that was pretty hilarious
It being a 3D rendered game he could be wrong or right IMO. Either they made some weird design choices meaning altering 3D rendering resolution might be very difficult, in which case it's OK for a port to not spend the effort to do it. Or they just arbitrarily decided on a locked rendering resolution, which isn't OK at all.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

PC game development altogether is not just a charity effort, it's a very painful one. It is such an awful waste of time and money, and there are so many qualifiers that every developer has to put up with. I am not as far gone as trap15 about it, but it's clear to me that what he says is not really wrong.

Telling people to stay away from good games because you personally experienced a weirdo bug that most people would never run into is actually straight rotten, and I am very tired of having seen it over and over again these past seven years. Assigning your own bullshit on everyone else is the... fourth worst thing someone can do in PC gaming. Third is trying to convince people that open source isn't mostly a journey straight into hell. Second is trying to convince people that you do need to spend $1000s on a "good" PC. First is the actual hell on earth of digital downloads and all of its repercussions. PC gamers are absolute filth.
d0s

Post by d0s »

my video card is a GTX 550 TI and my monitor is 1080P NEC IPS from a million years ago and I can play all of the games this forum is about with no problem. I kind of want to play the new Doom though, so I finally have to upgrade my video card. What video card that doesn't cost as much as a good PCB should I get?

e: is it even possible to even get video cards anymore I thought they were all being wholesale shipped straight to bitcoin miners
Last edited by d0s on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Despatche wrote:PC game development altogether is not just a charity effort, it's a very painful one. It is such an awful waste of time and money, and there are so many qualifiers that every developer has to put up with. I am not as far gone as trap15 about it, but it's clear to me that what he says is not really wrong.

Telling people to stay away from good games because you personally experienced a weirdo bug that most people would never run into is actually rotten.
That bug pretty clearly shows how much QA went into the game. Who knows what other issues the game might have if they don't manage to get something so basic right? There are plenty of good games that have had a basic QA pass and I would rather direct people towards those games.
Despatche wrote: PC gamers are absolute filth.
Uh what? Either you are a PC gamer and you're insulting yourself or you're not and have no idea what you're talking about here. Are you just trolling?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

It's perfectly reasonable to skip a game because it doesn't work right on your setup but that shouldn't stop people for whom the game does work right.
ZellSF wrote:
Despatche wrote: PC gamers are absolute filth.
Uh what? Either you are a PC gamer and you're insulting yourself or you're not and have no idea what you're talking about here. Are you just trolling?
He ain't wrong though, the worst part of PC games are the people who play them.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
d0s

Post by d0s »

how can you be serious about shooting games and still have a super-riced out system, are you rich or something. everyone knows they make PC shmups with poverty computers in mind cause our money goes elsewhere

Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I'm not even sure what that has to do with this thread anymore (which by the way really ought to be nuked from orbit) but I thought the people interested in playing PC shmups are the ones who haven't already played them to death on PCBs. Anyway, the fact that they're made "with poverty computers in mind" is more a reflection of the dev's budget than the player's.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
d0s

Post by d0s »

Shepardus wrote:I'm not even sure what that has to do with this thread anymore (which by the way really ought to be nuked from orbit) but I thought the people interested in playing PC shmups are the ones who haven't already played them to death on PCBs. Anyway, the fact that they're made "with poverty computers in mind" is more a reflection of the dev's budget than the player's.

can you tell me what video card I need to play DOOM (2016)
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

d0s wrote:
Shepardus wrote:I'm not even sure what that has to do with this thread anymore (which by the way really ought to be nuked from orbit) but I thought the people interested in playing PC shmups are the ones who haven't already played them to death on PCBs. Anyway, the fact that they're made "with poverty computers in mind" is more a reflection of the dev's budget than the player's.

Here ya go.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

d0s wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmTOeaIZICo

It's a boring game anyways
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
d0s

Post by d0s »

Shepardus wrote: Here ya go.
you can't just go by the system requirements; you need advice from a true gamer..............
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Then my advice as a "true gamer" is to stop polluting this otherwise tolerable forum with your shitposts and incoherent whining.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Can we stop all the shitposting and get back on topic? Bad ports happen, more often than we'd like to, the best thing we can do is not buy it and wait till's fixed (which may be never), or get it on PS4.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Shepardus wrote:stop polluting this otherwise tolerable forum with your shitposts and incoherent whining.
but the shitposting is the only tolerable part
d0s

Post by d0s »

Shepardus wrote:Then my advice as a "true gamer" is to stop polluting this otherwise tolerable forum with your shitposts and incoherent whining.
every time you post i picture the words coming out of this head

DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Is this still a thread about Raiden?
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Nope. We're talking about Scorpion now :wink:

And "True Gamer" :lol:

Jesus, I haven't heard anyone use that term in ages.
d0s

Post by d0s »

Despatche wrote:PC gamers are absolute filth.
I want to tattoo this on my chest in olde englishe font
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

Maybe it's just that I'm English, but "absolute filth" is a term meaning something quite different from the context used here.

I'm assuming. And hoping.
Ninjatemper

Post by Ninjatemper »

I'm pretty disappointed in the PS4 version. I bought the physical copy and played it for an hour and a half. It crashed 5 times. 3 of the 5 crashes were on the boss that drops all the medals like a Gigawing enemy. Hopefully future patches fix these rotten bugs. Anyone else having mass crashes with the PS4 physical version?