Stunfest 2016 - STG Stream Details (20-22 May)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
The Armchair General

Re: Stunfest 2016 - STG Stream Details (20-22 May)

Post by The Armchair General »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:I was so gutted for W.C's Strikers1945 performance at Stunfest, he is capable of so much more. I used to have S1945ii/iii relays of his that I got off a Chinese STG site back in the mid 2000's and they blew my mind. His confidence and playstyle was inspiring. I love the way he just free-styles and dots around the screen dong risky manoeuvres just for the hell of it, he's so much fun to watch. I even tried incorporating his style into my Pulstar 1lc I did back n 2006. Very unique player.
Do you know if anyone has uploaded these replays onto the internet?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

The Armchair General wrote:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:I was so gutted for W.C's Strikers1945 performance at Stunfest, he is capable of so much more. I used to have S1945ii/iii relays of his that I got off a Chinese STG site back in the mid 2000's and they blew my mind. His confidence and playstyle was inspiring. I love the way he just free-styles and dots around the screen dong risky manoeuvres just for the hell of it, he's so much fun to watch. I even tried incorporating his style into my Pulstar 1lc I did back n 2006. Very unique player.
I'm sure if Chris doesn't already have them he can probably get them. I was planning to bring some decent recording equipment to Shanghai to actually get some runs up on the net, but with liehuo in limbo at the moment I'm not sure if I'll get the opportunity. :(
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

TJB

Post by TJB »

Skykid wrote:
The Armchair General wrote:I'm sure if Chris doesn't already have them he can probably get them. I was planning to bring some decent recording equipment to Shanghai to actually get some runs up on the net, but with liehuo in limbo at the moment I'm not sure if I'll get the opportunity. :(
Fingers crossed m8

I'm late as hell to this, but thanks ICR. Was a blast to watch and a good chance to see how far I have to go with my Chinese studies (Couldn't understand shit) :lol:

That said, very motivating and given me the push to give Strikers 1945 a chance once more.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

The Armchair General wrote:
You can watch these replays on the Chinese website, but probably it is not convenient.
Almost finished my dissertation, after that, I think on 31/5, I can get these video and upload them to Youtube

A video about Strikers 1945 II, two players (WC,F5U and J7W,P38), funny run
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av2995510/
SapphireDensetsu

Post by SapphireDensetsu »

I found the Strikers II replay and uploaded it to my own channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6w4OFw3GhQ
Mills

Post by Mills »

More gutted watching WC's style, like watching someone with a nervous twitch plus he didn't do anything that unique in my eyes on the loop. Was only impressed how he dealt with those blue orbs things that appear out of the rocket booster on stage 1-6. I haven't played Strikers 1945 for over 10yrs but still managed to reach loop 2-2 on first attempt playing safe at London HOG.
Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

Mills wrote: More gutted watching WC's style, like watching someone with a nervous twitch plus he didn't do anything that unique in my eyes on the loop. Was only impressed how he dealt with those blue orbs things that appear out of the rocket booster on stage 1-6. I haven't played Strikers 1945 for over 10yrs but still managed to reach loop 2-2 on first attempt playing safe at London HOG.
Yeah his michael j fox playstyle is a little.... different, to be fair to him though performing live is a whole different thing altogether and everyone gets/deals with nerves to varying degrees it was a shame though as it was the run i was looking forward to the most personally.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

SapphireDensetsu wrote:I found the Strikers II replay and uploaded it to my own channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6w4OFw3GhQ
Nice find, that's one of the highest-scoring Strikers II replays I've seen, and the highest I've seen with Hayate. Good to have a high-scoring reference for that ship.
Last edited by Shepardus on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Mills

Post by Mills »

Can't stand WC's style of play with all that movement of the joystick
Better quality YouTube ST1945 at Stunfest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22EdmMASSQs
The 1st life he lost on stage 1-5 was his fault but the 2nd on stage 1-6 boss was a glitch of the joystick. If you use the YouTube slo-mo function he pushed the joystick down as the fighter plane continued to go up towards the boss, I experienced this myself and never do this because there is another glitch on that stage where the game resets itself and you have to start all over again. Plus his reaction to losing the 2nd life said it all as opposed to losing the 1st life which was a risk he didn't need to take.

Keen to know what hardware they are using so that I can do my own loop at London Heart Of Gaming. Will get advise from Mark if I see him there.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

@Mills
Since you probably know best about all Strikers 1945 replays floating around in the net: Is my replay still the only one featuring a no miss/no bomb 1-5 boss?

I can remember watching some strategy with with P 51's shield, but what about the other ships?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Mills

Post by Mills »

Yeah your YouTube replay is still the top no-miss highest scoring run I've seen.
If you type 'Strikers 1945 super play' on YouTube search you will find my replay starting from loop stage 2-1. I no missed up to stage 2-8 and lost 1 life.
Would love to know how Replay Burners have manage to improve the quality of their old replays to 720 60fps.