Mushihimesama on Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
CStarFlare

Re: Mushihimesama on Steam

Post by CStarFlare »

X360 only disables DLC when you're on a console other than the one it was initially purchased/redeemed on. I don't think it was ever a game-by-game decision.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

limpan wrote:A question for the beta testers: Is 640x480 supported? Would love to play some 1.5 in my Egret 3.
I haven't found any specific res options like that but you can rotate the screen and run it in a window, and you can resize that window manually to whatever you want and there are X and Y zoom options for making the gameplay screen cover up more or less of the background graphics. I have no idea what that equates to in an arcade cab. If it has to be running it full screen and 700p is too much for it then maybe some scaler is needed.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

limpan wrote:A question for the beta testers: Is 640x480 supported and working correct in full screen mode? Would love to play some 1.5 in my Egret 3.
I think this is worked on, Blackbird would know more,
Yes, I also want to try it in Cab 640x480.

Will try the latest build tonight at 640x480 on my com.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

^^ Nice, hope it works well.
Want to play it on the NNC.
Cata

Post by Cata »

Posted a link to the Destructoid review on facebook and had a guy comment "I'll just wait for this to drop to $5-10 before I buy".

This type of race-to-the-bottom "I'll just buy it when it's on sale" mentality really pisses me off
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Cata wrote:Posted a link to the Destructoid review on facebook and had a guy comment "I'll just wait for this to drop to $5-10 before I buy".

This type of race-to-the-bottom "I'll just buy it when it's on sale" mentality really pisses me off
+1

..but then I am a game developer. :roll:
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I'll be honest - I've got a bunch of games on my wish list in anticipation of the next winter sale. It's a hard mindset to get out of, particularly if you haven't set aside time for a particular new title.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
cul

Post by cul »

Cata wrote:Posted a link to the Destructoid review on facebook and had a guy comment "I'll just wait for this to drop to $5-10 before I buy".

This is the same mentality I'm talking about when I'm talking about this "DRMs sucks" mentality. It's a quiet disgusting mentality of people pretending to be "gamers" and enjoying their hobby, while at the same slapping the face of the people who create those games they enjoy. Pure spoiled brat mentality.

The game is gonna be 20 bucks. 20 fucking bucks. Jesus christ it's nothing, it's even more nothing if you're gonna sink dozens of hours in it.

Now I can understand people who don't want to buy AAA titles at 60 euros on release without DLC, but it's an entirely different thing. But if you buy some indie game at 5$ on sales, you pretty much know they're not making any profit out of it.
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

cul wrote:

This is the same mentality I'm talking about when I'm talking about this "DRMs sucks" mentality. It's a quiet disgusting mentality of people pretending to be "gamers" and enjoying their hobby, while at the same slapping the face of the people who create those games they enjoy. Pure spoiled brat mentality.

The game is gonna be 20 bucks. 20 fucking bucks. Jesus christ it's nothing, it's even more nothing if you're gonna sink dozens of hours in it.

Now I can understand people who don't want to buy AAA titles at 60 euros on release without DLC, but it's an entirely different thing. But if you buy some indie game at 5$ on sales, you pretty much know they're not making any profit out of it.

Especially when lots of people have no problem paying $100 used for the Xbox 360 port, when Cave doesn't make any money off the used-sale, and it's still tied to a single platform, even with Steam DRM you can at least re-download it when you upgrade your PC. Sadly indie-gaming seems to be turning into the meritocracy that music has become over the years.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

After spending the money I did on a J360, up to £60 on ports and so on I think it is fair to say I can certainly afford to spend LESS THAN 20 DOLLARS on the game and DLC and quite frankly anyone else with a full time job can as well.

I don't understand why people would spend so much time talking about wanting CAVE on steam and then gripe about a low price like this.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Cata

Post by Cata »

I mean at this point we are literally equating the value of a videogame that took tons of effort to develop to that of a fucking cup of starbucks
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

What are you guys talking about? It's not the people who were begging for cave on pc complaining about the price. It's people who might have a vague passing interest in the game / genre. Given how frequent steam sales are and how much discount you know you can get, why would you pay $20 when you know in a couple of weeks you can pay $5 if you're not big time into the genre?
DestroyTheCore

Post by DestroyTheCore »

I think we can count on many users on this forum -including myself- who will purchase this game day one. The rebate during the first week of release is a gift for the fans who have been looking forward to this release. :)
ratsflif

Post by ratsflif »

As much as I love Mushi and Cave, I am not going to buy it if it doesn't have resolution options. Playing in windowed mode on my Naomi Universal sounds terrible, when I can just hook up my 360 version.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

There will be a live preview stream at 8PM EST tonight on the Degigames channel: http://www.twitch.tv/degigames/profile

One more opportunity to check out Mushihimesama gameplay before launch and get an idea of whether the port's worth buying. This stream will feature live gameplay, discussion of launch details, and Q&A opportunity if you had any remaining questions. See you there!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I own this on PS2, would have liked to have play it on 360 and was unable to due the almighty region lock. Have played the game to death and will still pick it up day 1 to encourage more of the same. We are way cynical for an extreme niche genre. Hopefully this sells decently.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

I'm buying this Day 1 because I want to support Cave. I do it in the hopes they'll release more games, yes. I own games already in many incarnations and I've had a great time 1cc'ing (heh and trying to 1cc) and playing for score in Cave's games.

I've even double (triple?) dipped so to say, with the other ports that have gotten released in the West and, in the foreseeable future, I'll be doing the same thing.

I don't see this is as "buying" Cave's game.

I'm paying back Cave for changing my life.

--F
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

Well said F-man!

I look at it as paying it forward, for future Cave games on PC, which frankly will have lower development costs than their arcade hardware and physical console releases.
KevinDDR

Post by KevinDDR »

Just an FYI folks; I'll be streaming this game from about 8PM PST tonight until...well, some point. I'm not very good and my experience with Mushi is limited to trying to max out my life bonus in Original way back about 4 years ago in the arcade (plus a little dicking around with Maniac) but it should be fun anyway!

You can tune in at http://twitch.tv/kevinddr.
donluca

Post by donluca »

KevinDDR wrote:Just an FYI folks; I'll be streaming this game from about 8PM PST tonight until...well, some point. I'm not very good and my experience with Mushi is limited to trying to max out my life bonus in Original way back about 4 years ago in the arcade (plus a little dicking around with Maniac) but it should be fun anyway!

You can tune in at http://twitch.tv/kevinddr.
I would have watched you if it didn't start at 5am here, lol.

Get my follow, though, hopefully I'll still get you online sometime.
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

I'm so amped for tomorrow. I haven't been playing shmups much lately and can't wait to fire this up. I only have the PS2 version so the graphical improvement alone (along with the ability to play it on my computer monitor) are riveting.
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

A strange community. I haven't thought to pirate software in over 10 years, roughly the time I got a real job.

Looking forward to the release!
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Tim James wrote:A strange community. I haven't thought to pirate software in over 10 years, roughly the time I got a real job.

Looking forward to the release!
you don't even use mame?!?!?!?

anyway, I won't be buying this, but only because my computer won't run it. if I ever update i'll pick it up.
Last edited by Immryr on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

ratsflif wrote:As much as I love Mushi and Cave, I am not going to buy it if it doesn't have resolution options. Playing in windowed mode on my Naomi Universal sounds terrible, when I can just hook up my 360 version.
I'm pretty sure it has te exact same resizing options that the 360 version has.
KevinDDR

Post by KevinDDR »

It has resizing options but no ability to change the game resolution (or at least not without editing an INI file and totally breaking the game). Most annoyingly you can't get the game to boot in a TATE resolution so you have to have Windows set to landscape mode and start the game looking sideways at your screen.

It's a shame the base assets aren't 480p; would like to be able to play on my NNC but whatever. Port seems solid from what I can tell; I just found the setup procedure kind of jive. I'll play some more and let y'all know what I find! This game is definitely a must buy for anyone who likes Cave games! :D
ShamefurDispray

Post by ShamefurDispray »

Quick question--I prefer games like Raiden and Eschatos. Not really danmakus. How does the difficulty in Mushihimesama compare to MushiFutari?

I could never get past stage 3 in MF and I got too bored and frustrated to continue with it. The first two stages became incredibly easy but I could never find a damn route or strategy to get through the second half of stage 3.
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

The difficulty range on your assortment of modes in Mushi is better than any other Cave game. You can go from super easy to super difficult.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

ShamefurDispray wrote:Quick question--I prefer games like Raiden and Eschatos. Not really danmakus. How does the difficulty in Mushihimesama compare to MushiFutari?

I could never get past stage 3 in MF and I got too bored and frustrated to continue with it. The first two stages became incredibly easy but I could never find a damn route or strategy to get through the second half of stage 3.
The second half of stage 3 is a pretty notorious difficulty spike, and probably the only real flaw in futari. That being said, Mushi is definitely the easier of the two. Even ultra mode is fairly approachable, well, compared to futari ultra anyway. Maniac is kind of bizarre to learn, what with the button tapping mechanics, but still fun to just play for survival.
cul

Post by cul »

Sidetracking here a bit:

Steam has this neat "community hub" feature where you can upload video and share guides. I'm planning on making a guide about the basics of survival in STG for hopefully the beginners that will buy the game. Is anyone legitimate and knowledgeable on the game interested in writing a scoring guide?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

PC has Cho Ren Sha 68k, 'nuff said.

After watching some videos of 1.5 Original Max, including KevinDDR streaming it just a little while ago, I must say I'm really looking forward to this release. 1.5 Original's fast bullet patterns that get even faster with a high gem counter really reminds me of Futari BL Original, which is my favorite of Futari's modes. I probably would have tried scoring in Futari BL Original if I weren't playing it on MAME/Demul, so it's great to be able to play something similar (or that at least looks similar) on a legitimate platform.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube