You really need to play Mecha Ritz

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
AxelMill

Re: You really need to play Mecha Ritz

Post by AxelMill »

This cheap?! Holy crap! I'm so happy I didn't waste my 8 euros of my Steam Wallet, then.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

instant buy for me, although I seem to remember not liking the new music quite as much as the original.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

It's here!
6.99 for the game, 8.98 (later 11.98) for the game and the OST.
JohnsonHanaji

Post by JohnsonHanaji »

Seems like people have already caught wind that Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo has now been released on Steam!

Though to keep everything in one post, here's everything about the release so far...

Windows ONLY. We are sorry to say due to the unique engine, there are no current plans for SteamOS/Linux/Mac ports.

Steam
Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo ($6.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzSteam
Soundtrack DLC ($4.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzOST
Game + Soundtrack (NORMALLY 15% discount, ~$10USD), (RELEASE WEEK 25% discount, $8.98USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzBundle

Humble Store (DRM-free)
Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo ($6.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechRitzHumble
Soundtrack DLC ($4.99USD) - http://bit.ly/MechaRitzOSTHumble

That's it for now! You're free to ask questions here or on the Steam forums and I'll be back when we have more updates!
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Bought and...... I'm having issues. it won't recognise my usb Saturn pad, which isn't a big deal as I have others which it probably will recognise, but it also will not save my my settings when I rebind my movement keys. it auto resets them to being the number pad when I launch the game.

*edit* I bought the soundtrack bundle, but as an aside does anyone know if the sound track to the original game is available to download anywhere??
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

JESUS CHRIST, STEEL RONDO'S A LOT MORE BULLET HELLISH THAN VANILLA.
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

^^^Seems to have the same style to me, just rank seems better balanced.

Game is GOOD. The alternate verisons of stage 2 and 3 are GREAT. Bit disappointed that the alternatives of 4 and 5 are more like remixes/cut content of eachother, having mostly similar setpieces and patterns, but I can't really complain considering this game is easily in my top 3 stg ever.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

apparently my laptop was just being stupid earlier, the game now accepts my Saturn controller. still can't rebind my keyboard movement keys though.

I don't think it seems much more bullet hellish. I managed to 1cc it on my first credit, but I got the bad ending -_-;. I ran out of time vs the boss of the last stage and didn't trigger the TLB. that was the first time I've ever fought the non-TLB teddy guy. I was at very low rank so the fight went on forever. I do love this game though.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

I'll be damned then.
I know not everyone plays for score with their first credit.
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
JohnsonHanaji

Post by JohnsonHanaji »

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! I also just read the Steam review you left, it was better than anything I could've written myself :D
Squire Grooktook wrote:^^^Seems to have the same style to me, just rank seems better balanced.

Game is GOOD. The alternate verisons of stage 2 and 3 are GREAT. Bit disappointed that the alternatives of 4 and 5 are more like remixes/cut content of eachother, having mostly similar setpieces and patterns, but I can't really complain considering this game is easily in my top 3 stg ever.

Auto-resets your keyboard movement rebindings? I'll let the team know about this immediately. We had previously encountered this bug only once before and since we hadn't heard much about it from our glance at the forums, we thought it might've been a unique case with that PC or keyboard. Thank you for reporting it though!
Immryr wrote:apparently my laptop was just being stupid earlier, the game now accepts my Saturn controller. still can't rebind my keyboard movement keys though.

I don't think it seems much more bullet hellish. I managed to 1cc it on my first credit, but I got the bad ending -_-;. I ran out of time vs the boss of the last stage and didn't trigger the TLB. that was the first time I've ever fought the non-TLB teddy guy. I was at very low rank so the fight went on forever. I do love this game though.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

JohnsonHanaji wrote:Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! I also just read the Steam review you left, it was better than anything I could've written myself :D
Ah thank you, that's a very big compliment, coming from the publisher.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
MathU

Post by MathU »

Playism release when?
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

MathU wrote:So for those of you that have played Steel Rondo now, can you comment on whether or not anything has been done about the rhythmic shot press and release required for maximum damage output for a number of the ships (by combining fast movement and focused shot attacks at once)? It is especially bad for Fighter 01 in the original. I kind of hope that exploit has been removed or made no so tedious or hand-straining to accomplish.
Autofire is required for maximum damage output on the Yellow ship sadly.

Just did a starting rank 0 TLB run with all alternate stages, really fun experience. Nice improvement over the original game & looking forward to the higher ranks.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

JohnsonHanaji wrote:Humble Store (DRM-free)
I just bought this via the link you provided, but I don't see a DRM-free download link in my account, just a Steam key - is the former not added yet?
JohnsonHanaji

Post by JohnsonHanaji »

We're estimating sometime next week. They asked for a bit more material compared to Steam and Humble, which we sent off yesterday.
MathU wrote:Playism release when?
Strange, it should be available. I've notified the team and we will check the issue. In the meanwhile, perhaps refer to Humble's DRM-Free download support page https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en- ... ee-Content and if there turns out to be an issue we will compensate you for your troubles.
BulletMagnet wrote:
JohnsonHanaji wrote:Humble Store (DRM-free)
I just bought this via the link you provided, but I don't see a DRM-free download link in my account, just a Steam key - is the former not added yet?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Just checked again, and the game is now listed in my library alongside the rest; downloaded the installer and everything ran fine. Thanks for looking into it for me, and I hope the game does well for you! :)

PS - If you update the game at some point a "rapid fire" button would be great!
MathU

Post by MathU »

Still no Playism release. :(
qmish

Post by qmish »

We're estimating sometime next week.
Dunno how in USA, but closer to Japan it's still sunday, right...

edit:

Oops, my bad.
Last edited by qmish on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

It's Sunday in the US, Monday morning (like 3:30 AM) in Japan. So the workweek hasn't really started yet but will in a couple hours.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

In the config menu, the (windowed) screen size goes 1x, 2x, 1x, 1x. The last two seem to work fine (3x/4x) but they display as 1x in the drop down.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
JohnsonHanaji

Post by JohnsonHanaji »

Glad to hear that it's been resolved! And thank you for your kind words :) I'll let the developer know about a "rapid fire" button, though I can't speak for him.
BulletMagnet wrote:Just checked again, and the game is now listed in my library alongside the rest; downloaded the installer and everything ran fine. Thanks for looking into it for me, and I hope the game does well for you! :)

PS - If you update the game at some point a "rapid fire" button would be great!

Thank you for posting this, I'll let the team know immediately.
CStarFlare wrote:In the config menu, the (windowed) screen size goes 1x, 2x, 1x, 1x. The last two seem to work fine (3x/4x) but they display as 1x in the drop down.

In regards to to releasing on Playism, we understand that people are really excited and can't wait to play it via Playism but please try to be patient. I will post it here once I know when it has been released.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Also annoying - my high score seems to have disappeared over night. Last night I put an 8 million score on the scoreboard, which was gone when I booted the game this morning. I'm not sure if it's a matter of me closing the game before it saved, but if it was displayed on the high score table I imagine it should have been saved at that point.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Love this game, certainly one of my favourite SHMUPs of all time. Somehow HEY managed to improve the original even further. Is it still possible to do the shot trick with the second ship?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Playism release is out, also has 10% discount.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Has anyone figured out what causes the end bonus to double your score? It's neither no-miss or all time bonuses, just did a couple runs to test the latter. Feels silly going for score when missing half of it. BTW looks like you can raise rank by 100 in the first stage alone.
MathU

Post by MathU »

Just reporting in that I'm having the same issue with the KeyConfig utility not saving remapped movement key inputs.

At the moment a workaround is editing the config.ini file manually. If you scroll down to the second column beneath [KEYCONFIG] you can manually change the inputs to up, down, left, and right (DIRU, DIRD, DIRL, and DIRR respectively) to the code representing the keys you want to use provided you can figure it out with some experimentation. The author was even nice enough to comment out in the third column directly below it the corresponding code for WSAD in particular.

Hope this gets fixed eventually, I really respect the original game for being among the very few games in the doujin scene to have proper keyboard support.

One other small point that might be nice to address is that the way gamepad movement inputs are read means you can't map anything else to arrow keys. It would be nice to play this game on a laptop for instance (without a numpad) using arrow keys as shot inputs, but if you try to map arrows to anything you'll end up with double inputs and both moving and shooting at the same time from a single press for example.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Zaarock wrote:Has anyone figured out what causes the end bonus to double your score? It's neither no-miss or all time bonuses, just did a couple runs to test the latter. Feels silly going for score when missing half of it. BTW looks like you can raise rank by 100 in the first stage alone.
I wonder if it's due to time - there are two high-level ship 05 replays on youtube, and one actually triples at the end. It happens after Clear Time and Total Rank pop up on the ending screen. The triple has a slightly higher total rank, but the time is almost four minutes faster.

Triple: https://youtu.be/rSG2oLvKaLM?t=20m45s
Double: https://youtu.be/E9Y8VHJFXiM?t=24m39s

The player is Japanese but the videos are really recent so he's probably still active on youtube. No idea if he speaks English, but it might be worth trying to ask him in the comments.
Sean_A

Post by Sean_A »

Zaarock wrote:Has anyone figured out what causes the end bonus to double your score? It's neither no-miss or all time bonuses, just did a couple runs to test the latter. Feels silly going for score when missing half of it. BTW looks like you can raise rank by 100 in the first stage alone.

From the readme:
"No Miss Bonus - A massive bonus awarded for clearing the game without losing a life"
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

No, look at the vids. that guy lost like 4 lives on TLB and he still got his double score.
Magnification bonus is still inside the game. We just don't know exact numbers.
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
Sean_A

Post by Sean_A »

Huh, your right.

Maybe it's something really stupid like magnification only occurs with certain ships or if you select a high starting rank.