DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Squire Grooktook

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Get good, scrub.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

All this time I thought Dariusburst CS was the Project X Zone of shmups. But it's just... Super Smash Bros. ALL OVER AGAIN!
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

xxx1993 wrote:Master the beam module... How?
boagman

Post by boagman »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
boagman wrote:I didn't vote for R-Type, and I *LOVE* R-type. I just think that the mechanic and, especially, the music, wouldn't fit the DBCS game is all.
Both games are about blocking bullets from enemies approaching from the left and right.

DB already has tons of setpieces where careful beam positioning is the key to survival, in a way that almost recalls R-Type's tactical pod placements. It wouldn't take a genius level designer to easily put the Arrowheads signature abilities to use within DB's framework. Just make good use of the zakos and walls in some stages and bang.
Well, first, it's more about the music, honestly. Just my subjective belief.

With R-Type (or Pulstar, or the like), the whole game is about the pod/unit: as much as I love DBCS, and as important as the Fixed Burst is, it's not as unit/pod-dependent as R-Type.
Squire Grooktook

A bullet blocking pod isn't that different from a laser shooting pod (that also blocks bullets), when you get down to it :wink:

At any rate, I don't think Cave/Thunder Force/Gradius music would fit any better.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Squire Grooktook wrote:A bullet blocking pod isn't that different from a laser shooting pod (that also blocks bullets), when you get down to it :wink:

At any rate, I don't think Cave/Thunder Force/Gradius music would fit any better.
I think that there's a distinctly quantifiable difference between them, actually, but that's because I'm such an R-Type nut.

I voted for Thunder Force because I thought the music would best fit. My vote was for the game/series that came in last place. Such is life...at least I voted.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Truly the best DLC ship would be Mambo:
Just think about how awesome it would be to fight fish with fish.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

boagman wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:A bullet blocking pod isn't that different from a laser shooting pod (that also blocks bullets), when you get down to it :wink:

I think that there's a distinctly quantifiable difference between them, actually, but that's because I'm such an R-Type nut.
There is, but it's a difference that could be more easily warped around. R-Type and DB are like two books with the same theme (bullet blocking via a manually positioned pod) achieved in different ways...but all of that comes from the level design and enemy placement, which could easily be modified via custom stages to achieve the same goal (or something unique (yay!!!) born from both of them together).

As for the music...heavy metal is the polar opposite of Darius feel to me.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Squire Grooktook wrote:which could easily be modified via custom stages to achieve the same goal (or something unique (yay!!!)
which AFAIK no custom DLC ship had
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

The official (English) Twitter recently said that the other three "still have a chance"; they "just wanted to hear from [their] players there (sic) favorite choices".
So, how will the DLC be structured? A whole new R-Type pack, or a single ship?
Or maybe a whole new "expansion"? Nah.

"If you could pick any composer to create a remix for a DLC who would you pick & why?", they've also asked. Huh.
EmperorIng wrote:lol, the amount of DLC this game receives is getting a little ridonkulous.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
boagman wrote:

There is, but it's a difference that could be more easily warped around. R-Type and DB are like two books with the same theme (bullet blocking via a manually positioned pod) achieved in different ways...but all of that comes from the level design and enemy placement, which could easily be modified via custom stages to achieve the same goal (or something unique (yay!!!) born from both of them together).

As for the music...heavy metal is the polar opposite of Darius feel to me.
Music: but R-Type's music is pretty, I don't know...slow? It's not what I think will mesh well with DBCS. DBCS needs more fluidity to its music than R-Type has.

I'm also not sure I can buy into that the difference can be warped around that much. I'd love to be proven wrong, but the pod is just *so* essential.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I've started to find R-Type's music more dreary and creepy than pretty, you know... Stage 5, 6, and 7 of Delta as well as the majority of Final is proof.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Finally beat Suriaha on defaults.. on to Kyokkuho, I'm up to GTV. Technically this should be easier with the beam recharge, just need to hold onto some shields from the Gigantic Bite battle.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Sly Cherry Chunks

Kyokkuho is done, beat Gigantic Bite with 33 shields left. Really messed up the last 30 seconds of the GTV fight though - missing burst counters and everything. Scraped through with a measly 11 shields. It's been a fun 9 months. Still haven't met any of the Massive Whip variants though :oops: .
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Kyokkuho takes place before Suriaha if I recall correctly, yes? Besides, the ending in Suriaha hints that the war with the Belsar is finally over, and Kyokkuho hints that it will continue.
Sly Cherry Chunks

^Yes, you're right.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I knew Kyokkuho isn't the true ending.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Phyiscal PS4 edition in both regular and collector's edition announced at TGS stream!
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Also announced:
CAVE DLC: Deathsmiles (play as Windia), DFK, and Ketsui
RAIZING DLC: Battle Garegga, Mahoudaisakusen, Soukyugurentai
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Oniros wrote:Phyiscal PS4 edition in both regular and collector's edition announced at TGS stream!
Japan only? Weird that its getting a physical release now

mamboFoxtrot wrote:Also announced:
Steam or PS4?
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Shelcoof wrote:
Steam or PS4?
Yes. (both)
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

NickPalmerDegica wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:
Steam or PS4?
Yes. (both)
Sweet......... soo next question Ketsui going to be getting any other enhancements?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:Deathsmiles (play as Windia)
YESSS SPACE LOLI
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

^ Its some delicious absurdity, even by shmup standards! I was seriously hoping for Space Katanas, but I guess this will do...

I'm wondering how the Raizing stuff's going to be. I mean, Souky's obvious, and BG would at least probably have Option Formations like the Genesis and Murasaki ships, but what is the Mahou crossover going to do? Last I played Sorcer Striker, it didn't seem to really have any unique mechanics to itself, and I doubt they're going to incorporate Kingdom Grand Prix's racing gimmick. No idea what they could pull from Dimahoo, since I seriously don't know anything about that game.

PS: Hopefully the R-Type dream isn't dead!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Dimahoo has a charge attack and a polarity system; I can see them transplanting the charge system into DBCS as a burst laser replacement but I doubt they would retool enemy attacks to implement a polarity system. Honestly, they could just put in Miyamoto with his signature bomb attack on the burst button and that's enough of a Mahou Daisakusen crossover for me.

Funny how R-Type won the Twitter poll but the first DLCs announced afterwards are one of the runner-ups and something that wasn't even in the poll. :P
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

AHUEHAHHUEHAUEHHHAAAAHEAUAA???????????????
Holy boomer, it's real.
And if the previous DLC packs are anything to go by, this means MORE ARRANGE TRACKS.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I can't wait to see all of these in action.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Oniros wrote:Phyiscal PS4 edition in both regular and collector's edition announced at TGS stream!
They're just announcing this NOW? I feel like there's no need for this since I downloaded it for Christmas last year...
gs68

Post by gs68 »

in before garegga DLC adds rank to the game
Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo »

Oooooh, more ships...

I got an e-mail form Degica about the new DLC, apparently development has shifted from Pyriamid Inc to G.Rev. That's... news? I don't know enough to tell if this is good or bad.