Uchuu Senkan Gomora/Bio-Ship Paladin [Arcade/MD]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Perikles

Uchuu Senkan Gomora/Bio-Ship Paladin [Arcade/MD]

Post by Perikles »

Just like with the Heavy Unit score board I'll need your advice as to what is important regarding the arcade game (player side, autofire, regional differences, etc.).

As far as the MD version is concerned, I'm going to split between autofire and non-autofire scores. Having played the game with autofire myself, I don't think it is fair to directly compare scores that were achieved without it. I highly doubt it is possible to shoot down as many enemies if you just happen to press (or rather: mash) buttons yourself.

Default settings, one credit only.

Please post your scores like this (plus whatever might be important as far as the arcade game is concerned):

Name – Score – Stage - Autofire

Arcade

Code: Select all

Name         Score     Stage     Autofire     
1. Perikles     552,400     ALL        Yes     
MD (autofire)

Name         Score     Stage     
1. Perikles     631,980     ALL     
MD (no autofire)

Name         Score     Stage     
1. Kollision    513,050     ALL      
Last edited by Perikles on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Perikles

Re: Uchuu Senkan Gomora/Bio-Ship Paladin [Arcade/MD]

Post by Perikles »

MD version

Perikles - 631,980 - ALL - Yes
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

MD version, no autofire

Kollision - 513,050 - ALL - No
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Arcade

Perikles - 552,400 - ALL - Yes

Video

No one's going to play the arcade game without autofire (if at all), so I'm not even going to split tables, just add a "Yes" in the last column. This game also has a completely outlandish World Record, bosses time out fast as far as I can tell, no idea how you can get over 1.4m (!) points. There are only so many missiles you can milk...

Anyway: hooray! :lol: I have to confess that I had quite a bit more fun than I thought I would. The increase in difficulty in the last stage is simply laughable, if the rest of the game is a 2 in terms of difficulty (on a scale from 1 to 10), the final stage is a 9. Other than that, it's not too shabby. I do recommend playing around with the controls in case you play on a pad like myself so that you can get the most out of the crosshair (it's not possible to get any autofire with that thing; you have to hold down the autofire shot button and then mash the crosshair button in order to shoot with both the main weapon and the crosshair, albeit the former will have a reduced rate of fire) for, ahem, maximum enjoyment. Also learn the final stage before you even attempt to do full runs.