Cannon Spike isn't as hard as I remember...

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
captain ahar

Cannon Spike isn't as hard as I remember...

Post by captain ahar »

I just found my copy yesterday and played it a bit, got to Mission 4 before I died. Still not great I know, but when I first got it I had to credit feed twice to get to the boss on stage 2. this game is a bit of fun, although i highly doubt i'll be playing it much for awhile.

NOTE: I hate the high-score initial input on this game. I got 187,000 yesterday (again a lot better than I could pull before) and then I got 160,000, both saved as CAP, before I figured out the initial input is kind of obscured by the game screen.
I have no sig whatsoever.
supaT

Post by supaT »

I bought the NAOMI cart, it yet has to arrive. I still dont know what this game is like. Do you know 'Expendable' or 'Millenium Soldiers'. Does the game fit into that gameplay?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

never heard of Millenium Soldiers. i haven't played expendable in a long ass time, but i remember finding it rather mediocre. Cannon Spike is a sort of beat-em-up, but it also has some Psikyo shooter-ness injected into it. It is the most manic b-e-p i have ever played anyway! :D

other comparison(s):

The Red Star (Xbox)- This is a contemporary game based on some comic. It seems decent enough from what I played, but it obviously owes its life to Psikyo (NOTE: my view of this sub-genre is rather limited, so i may be omitting earlier examples). Find some movies of this game on IGN or something and multiply the speed by ten. Shit, I just found out this was canceled! Too bad too, it would have made a decent release. Acclaim strikes again! What's more that game Juiced! got picked up by THQ.
--------------------
Request for you supaT:

I had heard that when they demoed the arcade Cannon Spike, there was a severe problem in the control department. You had to turn all the way around to change direction. Please keep me (and the few that are interested) informed about whether this "feature" saw final release in the arcades. Thanks.
I have no sig whatsoever.
supaT

Post by supaT »

I hope I remember to post when I can play the game :). Otherwise no problem, will do so.