Senko no Ronde OST announced

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
velocity7

Senko no Ronde OST announced

Post by velocity7 »

http://cocoebiz.com/index.php?display=o ... sts_news#5
Senkou no Rondo Original Soundtrack album was announced by SuperSweep. ~Yack.~ is a popular game music composer, many of you may know his great works (BorderDown etc) now and then. The Senkou no Rondo has an

Image Soundtrack, and this Original Soundtrack Album will be another highly anticipated album for his fans! Preorders will be available very soon, please keep checking the arrival of the information of this soundtrack.
Groove

Post by Groove »

NICE!!!

Yack's guitarist, Yasuhisa Watanabe (the guy who I *think* did the Senko OST by himself) has to be one of the coolest shump composers around. He seemlessly melds atmospheric and electronic music, and sometimes throws in some rock too.

One of the most energetic track (with a strong rock lead) can be heard from on one of the demo videos. You can get it here, http://web.uvic.ca/~smithba/20050605sen_3.wmv or here, http://www.hameko.net/uploader/upload.php?page=8 (file hame_1047).
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

There was a Senko no Ronde soundtrack CD out in stores in Japan long before the game actually showed up in the arcades - I assumed it was the OST but I never bought it.
"Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that people start declaring a game is overrated before it's even out? "
"You're at shmups.com. We're all psychics full of righteous indignation!"
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

Groove wrote:NICE!!!

Yack's guitarist, Yasuhisa Watanabe (the guy who I *think* did the Senko OST by himself) has to be one of the coolest shump composers around. He seemlessly melds atmospheric and electronic music, and sometimes throws in some rock too.

One of the most energetic track (with a strong rock lead) can be heard from on one of the demo videos. You can get it here, http://web.uvic.ca/~smithba/20050605sen_3.wmv or here, http://www.hameko.net/uploader/upload.php?page=8 (file hame_1047).
I agree, but just thought I'd point out the Yack is Yasuhito Watanabe's alias. Can't wait to hear it!
brand1bil

Post by brand1bil »

Cthulhu wrote:There was a Senko no Ronde soundtrack CD out in stores in Japan long before the game actually showed up in the arcades - I assumed it was the OST but I never bought it.
That was probably the Image Soundtrack that got released earlier this year - that's a 4 track CD with some really good songs!
- Solar system Defence Force -
Groove

Post by Groove »

Tomtom wrote:I agree, but just thought I'd point out the Yack is Yasuhito Watanabe's alias. Can't wait to hear it!
Ah my bad. I had read somewhere else that Yack was a full-on band. Guess that source was wrong!
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

SO will there be a localized version? or will it at least be released on a home system for import? i heard grev is doing stuff for the xbox so thats a possibility...
icepick

Post by icepick »

GIANT SQUID wrote:SO will there be a localized version? or will it at least be released on a home system for import? i heard grev is doing stuff for the xbox so thats a possibility...
Good news--Music is the universal language, buddy! Plus, I suspect that the CD will not be region- or platform-locked, meaning that you should be able to play it in any system which reads CD audio... from your portable CD player to your DC to your X360! :lol:

Everybody wins. 8)

Now, I find myself in somewhat of an unprecedented situation (ha). When I first got into new shooting games (with none other than Border Down), it was after G.rev had already announced a BD LE with the game soundtrack, so I didn't have to think much about it. I'd like to think that they're going to do this dance again, but, I'd still want to get the soundtrack just in case they didn't... Oh, what to do, what to do?!

Edit: I'll simply figure that I'll buy the soundtrack--If anything, I'll end up with two of them, and I'll be able to not sweat bringing one out of its case to listen to it. The only downside is that I won't let myself listen to [much of] the music from a game that I plan to play before I've played it, so the soundtrack will be sitting around for at least a while. :?
\\ /\/\ \
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

no no. i meant a port of the game for the states! hahahah i want the game like...really bad...
zinger

Post by zinger »

GIANT SQUID wrote:no no. i meant a port of the game for the states! hahahah i want the game like...really bad...
Me too. Most promising release in a loooong time.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

good godd...this game is seeeeeexy. i have some vids for it and it is hot. hahahah :shock: