shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:20 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: RQ: Psyvariar Revision X-A and X-B bosses
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:20 pm 

ok i'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out exactly what i'm supposed to do to avoid the bullet patterns that the final boss chucks out on each of these stages. he just seems to spam out patterns that can be avoided by luck only. for the x-a boss i can avoid his first attack but then each one afterwards totally leaves me wiggling and hoping. the same applies to the x-b guy who's pretty much the same but a little more durable. i don't use any bombs throughout the rest of the game and have resorted to just using them all up as soon as an attack pattern approackhes and although this works it seems a bit cheap and stupid.

anyone have any advise on how to approach this any better?

oh and btw i'm using a tv in yoko mode so the patterns are pretty tight. would i benefit from flipping it into tate?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:09 am 

bump

i've returned to revision for some play throughs and these guys are still giving me trouble

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:12 pm 

The bigger screen in Tate mode does help, but I still yet to get a clear and sharp image from the PS2 version. This does create great difficulty in latter stages.

I think there is no cure for the display (unless you are spending $$$ to acquire the acrade version.). I suggest you knock down the game difficulty in the game option manual, so that there would be less & slower bullets in the later stages.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:03 am 

yeah i've noticed it's pretty fuzzy at times too. i might have to have a mess with the options to see what i can do. it seems far too tight to consistently do anything with which is annoying as hell.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:34 am 

I've not mastered this yet, but I believe the popular strategy is to bring your level meter about 7/8 full into the boss fight, using your level up invulnerbility to reposition yourself somewhere safe, then bomb if you get into danger.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:31 pm 

i see the logic in that o suppose you could sweep aroung the outside of the patterns as they extend to get the level up in time to plow through the pattern. worth a try. just a shame the game and arcade stick are at home and i'm in a transition between new homes...

Offline Profile