cripes. image fight.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
captain ahar

cripes. image fight.

Post by captain ahar »

i bought this at pink godzilla in seattle and it is spanking me good. i'm currently working on the first stage and things are not looking good. the very hard difficulty is like a screaming fit in plastic.

i also bought Paranoia and like it fine. it reminds me of curse, (but in a good way, cause i like that game).
I have no sig whatsoever.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Yeah, I bought this game for the PC-Engine, and I've NEVER gotten past the first stage.

If I actually make it past those damn huge things that shoot the 90-degrees balls of doom, then I die at the boss.

Argh!
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

I got to stage 2 once.

The stage is similar to R-type II's Stage 3. Multiple battleships.
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

I've played it in a PCE emulator. I think I might've beaten the first boss. I honestly can't remember. It's tough, but it's a memorization shmup, those are always balls hard.
Some men dream of fortunes,
others dream of cookies.
Lucky Numbers 4, 15, 16, 24, 36, 46
Pete

Post by Pete »

All I can say is I wish there were more memorization vert shmups, and more manic horizontals.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

This is a weird case where the nes version is better than the arcade version because it is actually playable. I've only played Image Fight for the Saturn once (thanks llabnip) and got my ass handed to me fast. Not a nice game at all.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

You guys are wusses, it only starts getting difficult at about stage 5!!!
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

is this the face of a wuss?

by the way, this was difficuly to do with a mouse, so mad props to me! :P :P

i was also going to put a pirate ship sailing the coastal waters of the caribbean and what-not but i got bored.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Andi

Post by Andi »

I have the NES version of Image Fight. It's a bit easier. Except the third boss has a laser attack that is undodgable aside from sheer luck.

What a cocksucker.
BenT

Post by BenT »

Haha. Yeah, the third boss is where I remember getting completely stonewalled in the Saturn rev. Damn that game.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

You've got a bit of red-eye in that photo, cap'n. :mrgreen:

In any case, methinks you deserve some props; shmupping ain't any easier with a hook! :mrgreen:
D

Post by D »

Understand that Image Fight is a difficult game.
Now understand that the bosses DO NOT give this game it's difficulty. The bosses are wimps. Don't give them time to attack, get close and blow their arses off. Perhaps a bomb. The bosses are easy and can be killed in an instant. Don't be afraid, be quick
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I think being too young, and crying whenever I lost, is the reason why I don't like NES games.

Back in the day, my mother was considering giving me options. "Hey, how about trading that Megadrive for a NES with a shooting game, and mario?" "I mean Paul, IT HAS A GUN! YOU LIKE GUNS! IT'S A GUN. YOU CAN SHOOT YOUR TELEVISION AND THINGS DIE, HOW INNOVATIVE!"

Really though, NES was loved by hundreds of 5-10 year olds. How is a 5-10 year old meant to beat a game like this? It just drove me to the brink of insanity.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I love Image Fight, but I HATE bosses like the second (or is it the third?) boss that criss-cross the screen in lasers. At least with the second boss like that in Grind Stormer you have a fighting chance if you have enough bombs.

I dunno if there's any safe place with that Image Fight boss I mentioned, but I'd sure as heck like to know if there is; especially since I plan on getting the Image Fight/X-Multiply pack for my Saturn.

BTW, is Image Fight 2 really horribly worse, in terms of difficulty? I'm a big IREM fan, and I'd at least like to give it a try once I get a DUO.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Andi

Post by Andi »

dave4shmups wrote:I love Image Fight, but I HATE bosses like the second (or is it the third?) boss that criss-cross the screen in lasers. At least with the second boss like that in Grind Stormer you have a fighting chance if you have enough bombs.
That's the boss I hate.

Fucking cocksucker.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

BTW, is Image Fight 2 really horribly worse, in terms of difficulty? I'm a big IREM fan, and I'd at least like to give it a try once I get a DUO.
I'd say a similar level of difficulty is encountered in the sequel. If you hate the criss cross lasers bosses there is a good one on there. :)
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

DC906270 wrote:
I'd say a similar level of difficulty is encountered in the sequel. If you hate the criss cross lasers bosses there is a good one on there. :)
Thanks for that input! :D

KLOV lists Image Fight II as having come out in the arcades:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?let ... me_id=8182

I thought it was just a PC Duo exclusive. :?
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

I second the fucking cocksucker notion for this game. Just got it yesterday from neorichie and holy hell I can't even get past the first level after 10 minutes.

I blame the backgrounds (darn clouds) and bullets meshing together to confuse my brain.

awesome game tho