I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
xxx1993

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by xxx1993 »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Finally 1CC’d Confidential Mission!

I still have nightmares about those "cover the gas jets with goo" sections. I don't think I ever succeeded...
It’s actually easy… Just keep shooting those gas vents until the sights stop.
kevinmaccioly

Post by kevinmaccioly »

Finally! It was much easier than Normal, but I'm positively happy!
ALLTYNEX Second - Hard 1CC, Original, Type-A

Maybe later I'll tackle Return Shot On.

But for now, EOSD Hard Reimu-A is my goal.
bcass

Post by bcass »

After a visit to the amazing Arcade Club in Bury (UK) I managed to snag two clears on real hardware:

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu v1.5 1-All Type-B Strong Style:

Espgaluda ALL Ageha:

The Daifukkatsu v1.5 clear I've done before on the Steam version, but the Espgaluda clear is the first time I've done it. I've been practising on MAME over the last month or so. It was definitely easier playing on a candy cab, so I think I need to start sitting closer to my TV when I play at home.

When I go back there I'll try and do some videos with a GoPro to see how it turns out as there's a number of games there I'd like to clear on original hardware (incl. R-Type, Batsugun, Salamander 2, Gradius, Vulcan Venture, Mushi Futari 1.5). This place is an absolute goldmine for shmups, with a very healthy spattering of Toaplan, Psikyo, and Raizing, amongst others.
bcass

Post by bcass »

After a bit of practice today sitting much closer to the screen, I managed to clear Espgaluda (with Ageha) on MAME too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVD5D4dlmhw
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Just cleared Air Assault. This game is the word "decent" personified. Decent graphics, decent gameplay, a little bit above decent OST. Nothing offensive about it, but also nothing that really stands out... except apparently the price of the PCB. And I know this game gets a bit of crap for being on the easy. Took a scrub like me just a few days to clear. And in the context of current gaming with modern resources such as save states and practice modes it is definitely on the much easier side. But in the context of when it came out when credit feeding literally meant feeding quarters to a machine, I think the approachable difficulty was probably a good thing.

Also last week cleared MD Same! Same! Same! On easy. Generally for me it's clear on Normal or bust. But I had sunk so much time into the game already that when it looked like the clear would not be coming for a while I just dropped the difficulty to easy. I did really enjoy this game. Smashing waves of enemies with a fully powered spreadshot is very satisfying. But the annoying power up system coupled with some noticeable Gradius syndrome really took me out of the game. For seasoned players this may be a non-issue, but again for a scrub like me it took its toll.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Skykid wrote: Back to The Future III -1CC - US Version
Die Monster, you don't belong in this world!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
ZPScissors

Post by ZPScissors »

Great Fairy Wars Route A2 LNB, shmup 1cc #49. Unfortunately the replay for this one glitched out and crashes when I try to load it.

I have something special planned for my 50th shmup 1cc, and I've probably told everyone by now that it's Tatsujin Oh.
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

My very first 1CC on Eschatos. I was lucky enough to rack up some lives early. There are several moments where I could have used a better shot type, and I could surely do better with my bomb pickups. Nonetheless, it's my second game 1CC and my third overall so I'm really happy about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Ys365rYVY
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

kamadoma715 wrote:My very first 1CC on Eschatos. I was lucky enough to rack up some lives early. There are several moments where I could have used a better shot type, and I could surely do better with my bomb pickups. Nonetheless, it's my second game 1CC and my third overall so I'm really happy about it.

Nice work.
I got the switch version when it released and it took me a while to warm to it. I still feel like some of the perspective shifting leads to cheap deaths.
But also got the Original Easy 1cc on the weekend.
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

Nugs wrote:
kamadoma715 wrote:My very first 1CC on Eschatos. I was lucky enough to rack up some lives early. There are several moments where I could have used a better shot type, and I could surely do better with my bomb pickups. Nonetheless, it's my second game 1CC and my third overall so I'm really happy about it.

Nice work.
I got the switch version when it released and it took me a while to warm to it. I still feel like some of the perspective shifting leads to cheap deaths.
But also got the Original Easy 1cc on the weekend.
I find myself dying more on collisions than enemy shots. And yes, in some of the perspective changes too. Nonetheless congrats on your 1cc as well.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

drauch wrote:
Skykid wrote: Back to The Future III -1CC - US Version
Die Monster, you don't belong in this world!
Ha ha! Yeah. Lord knows what compulsion had me take on that one. Technically finishing the game in one sitting constitutes a 1CC, because there is no limit on lives/attempts, but I finished it first on my birthday, and then, like a true masochist, went back and did it several times more to speed up my finish time. I think on the last attempt it took just under 20 minutes to knock it dead.

Never again.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

drauch

Post by drauch »

Damn, impressively masochistic! I have a special distaste with that game. I got it when it came out for Christmas, and spent many hours torturing myself with no advancement throughout. Needless to say, it wasn't a good present :lol: .
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

The past week or so I have been working hard to finally 1cc a game I really like, the original arcade Kiki Kaikai! I got the 1cc on stream but wasn't satisfied, I wanted a higher-quality recording. I 1cc'd again and again, but didn't beat my pb. Even getting no-misses on the first loop wasn't enough! The other night I was about ready to give it up. In fact, last night I had sort of resolved to say "whatever, one last go and I am done."

And lo and behold, I not only no-miss'd the first loop, but I 2all'd the game, too, crushing past my previous best, and beating the forum record previously held by Square! In fact I got really deep into the third loop, blind! I just wanted to see how far I could make it. I wish I could have 3all'd (a first for me), but this is pretty damn cool. Posting my 300 hours in paint.net thumbnail for vanity's sake :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kXROMDkdi0
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Insane stuff, well done.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Manful! Image Just in time for the new game too. :cool:
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Thanks guys! The SFC game was always too tough for me, but maybe this got me in shape to tackle that one's painful power-down (and the new game too, of course!). I learned a goodly amount watching iconoclast play the game (and his guide for it) - which is the type of quality content shmups need more of!

I wonder if I should edit all of my painful deaths into a highlight reel :wink:
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

Another 1CC in Strikers 1945 I. However it doesn't feel as rewarding now since it's still in Monkey difficulty with the P-38 which I have 1CC'd with before. A sudden achievement while testing out a Twitch stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tISUU0JtMr4
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Pretty happy with this Esprade (Arcade Mode) clear on PS4/5. I've been working on this one for a long while, and finally had a run I didn't ruin.

Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
NMS

Post by NMS »

EmperorIng wrote:Thanks guys! The SFC game was always too tough for me, but maybe this got me in shape to tackle that one's painful power-down (and the new game too, of course!). I learned a goodly amount watching iconoclast play the game (and his guide for it) - which is the type of quality content shmups need more of!

I wonder if I should edit all of my painful deaths into a highlight reel :wink:
Congrats on the arcade clear, makes me want to play it again. Good luck if you try to clear the SFC one, it's really tough even at the beginning (that raft section in stage 2...). Having cleared it recently, the power-down is really painful indeed, but I feel like going down one level below max isn't that bad most of the time (some parts can still be a big problem like in Stage 3 after the midboss). Losing another level can be a disaster though. If you want tips, I have a 1 life clear run on my channel and included in the description a list of secrets which really help clearing the game (+ a few tips). Kinda surprised there doesn't seem to be a secret in stage 3 but I couldn't find anything, despite shooting everything in the stage and watching several replays. Same with stage 6, but with my bomb distribution it's not really a problem anyway.

(despite planning to go for the 1 life clear since the start I still uncovered the secret 1-up for fun)
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I was messing around with Dangun Feveron (PS4) this morning, and was about to put it down when I decided to give Fever mode a go, having never played it. As an arrange mode, it feels pretty lacking, and only seems to add a few QOL updates which primarily take the form of a "safe zone" at the bottom of the screen that grants you auto-collect of Disco Men and also Auto-Bomb if you're hit while in the area. The game also gives you a 1UP for each boss you kill.

As it turns out, these changes make the game impossibly easy, but it was fun little Saturday session none the less. Got the 1CC with nearly half a dozen lives still in the bank on my first try. If you've ever found Dangun to unapproachable, give this mode a shot!

Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
skalt711

Post by skalt711 »

I managed to clear three loops of arcade Gradius! It wasn't easy, but after 41.5 hours and 2 months of practice I pulled this off!
I aim for max speed (5 speed-ups) whenever I get enough weaponry power-ups.
Played through MAME 0.237.

YouTube replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHA7vhtMkF4
Restart Syndrome entry: https://www.restartsyndrome.com/history ... ode=Arcade
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

First time Darius Gaiden ^^
https://youtu.be/UOpyrSPVck4

ABDHLQV
4.322.230pts.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

well. it's not a shmup but it's an arcade game that ive been playing on and off (mostly on) for over a decade. i finally got the grand master rank in Tetris the Grand Master 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFwh_iLvg30

my proudest gaming achievement by far
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

mycophobia wrote:well. it's not a shmup but it's an arcade game that ive been playing on and off (mostly on) for over a decade. i finally got the grand master rank in Tetris the Grand Master 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFwh_iLvg30

my proudest gaming achievement by far
Nice! I l love TGM. Congrats on an insane achievement. Invisible Tetris just breaks my brain. I think you just try to memorize the top shape, right? Just seems impossible, especially at those speeds.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

thanks. and yeah, kinda. its hard to explain what exactly is going on in my thoughts during the credit roll lol, a lot of it is intuition from practicing it a bunch and aiming for whatever line clears i can immediately get. and a good bit of luck of course
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

NMS wrote: Kinda surprised there doesn't seem to be a secret in stage 3 but I couldn't find anything, despite shooting everything in the stage and watching several replays. Same with stage 6, but with my bomb distribution it's not really a problem anyway.
There is actually one in stage 3 - just before the maze-like section with the zombies and shield, in one of the graves.
Spoiler
I don't think there's one in stage 6, but as you said, it doesn't end up being a big deal.
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

My third game to get a 1CC on, and also my first proper Cave bullet hell game. Mushihimesama on Novice Original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D7cbNy7asw
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTAilTLsMf8

Another Mushihimesama 1CC on Novice Original. I managed to beat my personal best, and I'm glad I did this one for the online leaderboards.
MJR

Post by MJR »

After 32+ years of struggle, I finally 1CC:d my original Saint Dragon PCB. And with most lives intact on top of it!