Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Ed Oscuro

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Ed Oscuro »

moh wrote:
atheistgod1999 wrote:People necrobumping all my embarrassing old threads that haven't been locked.
how old could your threads possibly be?
He wasn't even born back in the days when you used to post here :lol:
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

The big number of CD type extensions, and the problem in converting them to be used in diferent emulators...
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
giantw3nis

Post by giantw3nis »

Being reintroduced to someone then the awkward "We've met before."
Twitch.tv/giantw3nis

@giantw3nis
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Yet another "you want #3 me too but it likely wont happen" comment from a dev: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/29/st ... profile-3/
Douche.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Could just as easily go in the happy thread, but I pollute that one with my smug sadomaso vibes enough as is. I'm sure I've posted about this before, but I just popped over to ye olde game music piracy site for a spot of the downloading, and walked right back into the world of... rip hoarders 3:
Spoiler
Seriously...? I could totally get someone declining to rip/scan/etc their goodies in the first place. Even if only because nobody's entitled to the effort. If you asked me to make a nice hi-res scan of Twinkle Tale's reg card right now I'd probably tell you to bounce on a dick. Mostly because this armchair is comfy as fuck. Hoarding intangible, infinitely replicable binary data on a PC? Actually more retarded than sealed game hoarding. At least their neurosis has some tenuous link to reality.

Assuming it's not about paywalling uncommon pirated stuff away. In those cases the aforementioned dick should not be merely bounced upon, but jackhammered vigorously into the skull.

Also if the poor schlub was happy enough with a rip, he coulda just extracted UB22's music off the disc like I did BITD! (it's actually pretty decent BGM!) Noobs these fuckin days.
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

BIL wrote:Hoarding intangible, infinitely replicable binary data on a PC? Actually more retarded than sealed game hoarding. At least their neurosis has some tenuous link to reality.
Amen brother, you speak the words of my people :o

At the very least the conversation should've gone in this direction:
"My friend is being stupid and won't let me share it with others. Can I offer you a high quality mp3 conversion while I'll go and talk some sense into him?" :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Xyga wrote:Yet another "you want #3 me too but it likely wont happen" comment from a dev: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/29/st ... profile-3/
Douche.
Because there totally aren't any execs holding it back and it's 100% his call. :roll:
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Board game boxes that are 80x larger than the components of the game.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Selling 20 dollars for rom only unofficial ports of Donkey Kong and Ms. Pac-Man and making a huge deal over the possibility of them being pirated. It really annoys me how homebrew developers make a bigger deal over a port of DK than a well done original game. It also annoys me that nobody made a post against this practice on AtariAge.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

You ever buy dozens of games on sale as a gift for a friend on his birthday, and then never see him actually play them on Steam?
And when you see the message pop up that 'friend is playing GAME YOU BOUGHT FOR HIM', how it won't be before long before he switches back to that one other game he plays 24/7?
Yeah.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

^^^I find it sad when people never put serious time into games and instead spend 24/7 into dota or some shit.

I mean if you find it fun sure that's all well and good, but it's saddening to me that a lot of people won't even attempt to expand their horizons and try stuff that they might like a lot. I've tried turning people on to other games like that in the past, and there's always a strange sense of intimidation for trying a new game and *gasp* losing at it.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Beer served almost freezing-cold. :|
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Fuck tumblr.

Make one mistake and it will be your grave. It probably was a mistake to get involved in the first place.

It's a wonder that that site hasn't disintegrated completely under the weight of its toxic community.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Perhaps you shouldn't feel so secure back here at the farm just yet either, comrade... ¦3

WHAT WERE YOU DOING ON TUMBLR SATORI (・`W´・)

GATHERING INTEL PERHAPS?(^ω´ )
Lord Satori wrote:It probably was a mistake to get involved in the first place.
Words to live by on teh interfuck tbh. Image
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Durandal wrote:You ever buy dozens of games on sale as a gift for a friend on his birthday, and then never see him actually play them on Steam?
And when you see the message pop up that 'friend is playing GAME YOU BOUGHT FOR HIM', how it won't be before long before he switches back to that one other game he plays 24/7?
Yeah.
I haven't bothered buying games for friends because of that.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

BIL wrote:Perhaps you shouldn't feel so secure back here at the farm just yet either, comrade... ¦3

WHAT WERE YOU DOING ON TUMBLR SATORI (・`W´・)

GATHERING INTEL PERHAPS?(^ω´ )
Lord Satori wrote:It probably was a mistake to get involved in the first place.
Words to live by on teh interfuck tbh. Image
Honestly, it started out as a way for me to passively keep track of various blogs, but it slowly turned into something else when I started gaining followers for no reason.

Thank god for the ability to delete your account, that's all I'll say.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

assholes who have the following type of opinion:

"Reviewer: BasLDenHaag - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - May 20, 2015
Subject: This might be copyrighted but they can no FU*CKIN way sell any of the games at this moment any more
The quality of the games of the 80s and 90s is even
below playstation 1 (1995) level as average.
In my country (holland) the playstation 1 is only to be
found on a junkyard or in a second hands store (for 5$ or so)
the games should be only 0.5$ , however NO ONE wants
those games anymore, ITS had its time and now there
are new and major improved machines which became a
standard
This rom pack.
it is OUTDATED , compare it to a playstation 3 and you ll see
what i mean, and THAT machine even is going out of the stores.
Only making a fuzz about this is odd."
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
boagman

Post by boagman »

This.

Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Links to images that don't display on forums, and don't even work copy-pasting into your browser. :roll:
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Squire Grooktook wrote:^^^I find it sad when people never put serious time into games and instead spend 24/7 into dota or some shit.

I mean if you find it fun sure that's all well and good, but it's saddening to me that a lot of people won't even attempt to expand their horizons and try stuff that they might like a lot. I've tried turning people on to other games like that in the past, and there's always a strange sense of intimidation for trying a new game and *gasp* losing at it.
I used to play almost exclusively Dota 2, with (relatively) brief excursions into a couple other games such as Path of Exile and Warframe, for a year or so, and League of Legends for half a year before that. What finally convinced me to quit Dota (because my plummeting grades somehow wasn't enough) was me launching Team Fortress 2 one day and realizing I was having more fun with that than I had had with Dota in months. From there I ended up returning to the games I had played before LoL, such as Touhou, which led me searching for more shmups and Kancolle for some reason and here I am now. I don't regret playing Dota entirely since I learned plenty of lessons from it, but I did play it too much and probably for too long, and too much at the exclusion of other games, and I sometimes wonder what I missed out on thanks to all the time I dumped into Dota. In fact I kind of feel the same way about shmups in my life right now so I've been trying to spend a bit of time with some other games (currently Disgaea which I've already played before, but maybe Etrian Odyssey 3 later, as well as actually trying to get past the first few levels of some roguelikes).

I don't really have much to add to what you said, but thought I'd share because it reminded me of that. I do think it's worth noting, however, that when I quit Dota it actually wasn't for new stuff, but rather for old things I was already familiar with, which later encouraged me to reach out for other things. The effort of learning something unfamiliar and having to wait until it clicks with you (which may or may not even happen), is off-putting when you could be having a known amount of fun right now with games you already know. I'm still not sure how one goes from that state to actually pursuing something new even though I've gone through that process myself before. Hell, even now I'm playing Disgaea when I could be playing EO3. What is it in a game or its players that encourages one not only to play that game, but to seek out other (similar) games? What makes one want more, but not just from the same game? Knowing the answer to that might actually be useful for developing a shmup...
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

My 8GB Flash disk is gone, last time I used it in school. :x
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

That's why I've just been emailing myself. I've lost two or three flashdrives that way, so it's easier to use email.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Lord Satori wrote:I've lost two or three flashdrives that way
In what way? Going to school?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Lord Satori wrote:Make one mistake and it will be your grave. It probably was a mistake to get involved in the first place.

It's a wonder that that site hasn't disintegrated completely under the weight of its toxic community.
Not about you in particular, but the April First Gmail fallout led to this interesting article. Basically, anything that serves the needs of some people will fail to do for others.

What really pisses me off about the Mic Drop thing, aside from the fact that Google let it through, are the horde of idiots out there engaging in useless white-knighting and victim blaming over this.

p.s. "internet" is no longer capitalized according to the AP style manual coming out soon :p
BIL

Post by BIL »

A "mic drop" button sounds great! So hip and funny - corporations bringing the mirth! There's a corresponding "baseball bat over the back of the skull" button for recipients' consideration, I presume!
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Corporations trying to be people is a riot!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Or maybe GrubHub is an arbitrary means of shoveling General Tso’s into your mouth, late at night — a vehicle of shame, an accelerant of regret.
Now that did get a laugh. :lol: Good penning, sadness tinge!
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Got to the end of CD 1 of Saturn Tengai Makyou. Aaaaand, to make a long story short, that is the end on a US Saturn.

Since I have Saturn USB I thought I'd just transfer my save file over and continue in the emulator. Turns out, the emulator has no way to "open the door." *facepalm*

My review of (1 CD of) this game: The battle system is awfully basic, the plot never really goes anywhere, the ending stinks.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

How many goddamned times can the corporate media declare the Sanders campaign dead?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"