Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Shoryukev

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Shoryukev »

One thing that really annoys me is everyone comparing their pricing with Ebay. I'm so sick of going to a local store that sells retro games or even a yard sale and the prices are 20-30% higher than buying it online and having it delivered to my doorstep.

I was at a flea-market last week and almost bought a copy of Megaman X2 on snes. I asked for the price and the response I got was "hold on" as he whips out his phone......"uhhh....seems like they've been selling on ebay for this, so $120". I told him this is a flea-market, and that he offered no returns if the product didn't work or turned out to be a fake reproduction. He had to lower his prices on items like that since there is a risk involved. He told me he prices higher than ebay since buying it from him was more convenient than buying online. :roll:

Every day it seems like deals are harder and harder to find......
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Don't know where else to put this.

Kid arrested for stealing free milk.
Last edited by Lord Satori on Fri May 27, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

I often have a problem with what people call 'scary' movies. With most listings and recommendations you'll find on the internet you'd think humanity is made mostly of sheltered little girls.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

When the rain outside makes so much noise, that you turn the volume knob down.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

driving on the highway and getting passed by a dozen people who are probably doing 100-110mph [this was down toward Miami]
Chill out people. There's being in a rush, and then there's triple-digit speed.
I almost never see speed limits actually followed, but when you're doing 70 and being passed like you're standing still, something's up.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
boagman

Post by boagman »

null1024 wrote:driving on the highway and getting passed by a dozen people who are probably doing 100-110mph [this was down toward Miami]
Chill out people. There's being in a rush, and then there's triple-digit speed.
I almost never see speed limits actually followed, but when you're doing 70 and being passed like you're standing still, something's up.
70 in a zone with a speed limit of what? And in which lane were you driving?
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

I submitted ~8 job applications over a week ago and I have still not received a single response.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

atheistgod1999 wrote:I submitted ~8 job applications over a week ago and I have still not received a single response.
Welcome to the real world.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

atheistgod1999 wrote:I submitted ~8 job applications over a week ago and I have still not received a single response.
Did you do a followup call with anyone checking on the status of your application?

Squeaky Wheel and all.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hate to tell you this, but expect to send dozens and not be given the time of day.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Does this mean that they rejected me, or that they just haven't gotten to mine yet?
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Does this mean that they rejected me, or that they just haven't gotten to mine yet?
You honestly won't know until you ask. Oftentimes businesses with a high employee turnover just keep a pile of applications handy for when somebody bails. Call them up and ask and they might think you're really eager and move yours to the top of the pile. Or they'll give you a clear rejection and you can stop worrying about that place.

Or you can just go to camp and let your folks get their freak on. Fuck knows I'd rather go to camp and do some archery than sit over a deep fat fryer at a fast food joint and reap a bumper crop of pimples.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

So should you. Have some time off for your trouble.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Haha. Oh man do I not miss those days. I submitted over a hundred resumes for the job I currently have.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Does this mean that they rejected me, or that they just haven't gotten to mine yet?
It could easily be either, there's no definite answer until you've heard it directly from the employer. If you've been waiting for a while it's a good idea to proactively follow up with them on the status of your application, as Mischief Maker said. I think a week or so after applying is a good time to do so (not too early as you don't want to be annoying or appear clingy/desperate), so yes, that means now.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

I remember that guy I knew in uni, who applied for several hundred offers within a week...using actual mail (yeah he spent a lot).
Don't think there's a single company in the area that didn't get his resume.

But he could only find macjobs so one day he left for Thailand and only got great jobs there. Never returned. :lol:
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Agh, mouse is back to spurious double clicking, again (third time at least) - DPI really is kind of too bad for this monitor, but I haven't been able to find another that has side button placement like the Lachesis series, which I have gotten used to.

Oh, that and feeling bad all the time :shock:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

When you watch an English movie or TV show with English subtitles and the subtitles are reworded for no reason. So, you hear:

"I had a stuffed animal" and at the same time, you read "I had a toy". :/
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

atheistgod1999 wrote:This question on an application for a frozen yogurt place:

"If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?"

I hate questions like that.
I just saw this.

Your answer should have been feces. I don't have a why just yet, but feces.

It would have been my answer.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
boagman

Post by boagman »

emphatic wrote:When you watch an English movie or TV show with English subtitles and the subtitles are reworded for no reason. So, you hear:

Thank you for saying this. I thought it was just me.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

The same one or two icons on my desktop keep jumping to a different spot on the screen. It doesn't matter what I do it keeps happening. I have everything organized the way it is for a reason, stop moving on your own!
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

The geometry on my 32" Sony consumer CRT TV not being quite right no matter how much time I dump into the service menu :lol:

It's 1,000% better than when I first got the set, but when I play old RPGs with an overhead view on an overworld screen it drives me completely bonkers :evil:
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

dat boi
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

O shit whaddup!?? :o
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Lol, t's just that I don't get it at all anymore. people drop memes so abstract now I just stand there like, er...what ? :?
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Xyga wrote:dat boi
Blinge wrote:O shit whaddup!?? :o
why is this a thing
I noticed this popping up in the last month or so and I have no idea how it caught on.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

null1024 wrote:
Xyga wrote:dat boi
Blinge wrote:O shit whaddup!?? :o
why is this a thing
I noticed this popping up in the last month or so and I have no idea how it caught on.
Oh god, same here.

Remember "Damn, Daniel"? The stupidest shit catches on nowadays, and God knows why.
emphatic wrote:When you watch an English movie or TV show with English subtitles and the subtitles are reworded for no reason. So, you hear:

Related: When an accent only slightly different is given subtitles.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Lord Satori wrote:Remember "Damn, Daniel"? The stupidest shit catches on nowadays, and God knows why.
Damn Daniel ain't shit compared to Image.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

It's even in DOOM, I really don't get it, maybe I'm too old... http://youtu.be/LP2ixEtS_VQ
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Xyga wrote:It's even in DOOM, I really don't get it, maybe I'm too old... http://youtu.be/LP2ixEtS_VQ
That video is slightly cathartic, seeing all of them get gibbed like that.