Upscan convertors w/LCD TVs and classic game systems?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
maxlords

Upscan convertors w/LCD TVs and classic game systems?

Post by maxlords »

Ok, I figured this would be the best place to ask....I'm not sure if there's a thread for it and I'm 3/4 asleep at the moment so if I'm flogging a dead horse (not beating it, just flogging it) let me know.

I've got a fairly current 1080p LCD TV ( got it a year and a half ago) with HDMI, component, S-Video outs. No VGA, no DVI. I'd like to run some older systems on it (Genesis, SNES, etc). Unfortunately they look like shit due to the whole not optimized for HDTVs thing. Are there any upscan convertors that will help me out? It looks like stuff like the XRGBs are all set up for VGA monitors, nothing seems to be out there for HDMI or component outputting....

Am I wrong? Or will I just have to wait till I get a TV with DVI or VGA? Any recommendations would be appreciated!
<@scootnet> if you were a real gamer, you could jerk it to Super Metroid box art
Fudoh

Re: Upscan convertors w/LCD TVs and classic game systems?

Post by Fudoh »

take a day off, read this site (mine): http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

Come back here, ask question, get help ;)

HDMI is usually not problem. Even if you decide to get a VGA only upscaler, there are VGA to HDMI converters available which (usually) work fine.