updating Death Smiles on a JTAG'ed 360...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fudoh

updating Death Smiles on a JTAG'ed 360...

Post by Fudoh »

The topic is kinda borderline. I don't support or condone piracy of current titles. If the topic is too far into unprotected waters, it can (and shall) be removed by the mods....

My japanese 360 is about to die and I'm right now transfering my games along with their DLC and updates onto a JTAG'ed PAL XBox. Works great so far. The games can be made codefree and played from HDD. The DLC (Death Smiles, Futari, Otomedius) can be transfered and the updates (Raiden F. Aces, Otomedius) can worked into the games as well.

Still I have a problem with updating Death Smiles to the current version and was wondering if anybody has done this and would be willing to help me out with a few questions I have ??
Jockel

Re: updating Death Smiles on a JTAG'ed 360...

Post by Jockel »

Do you have problems with the ID thats locked into the files? That can easily be fixed.
But if you successfully transferred the DLC and it still works i assume you already did that fix.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

My two bought DLCs works fine (Black Label + the voice DLC from the card), I've got a problem with the Live update. For games running from HDD the updates cannot simply be pushed into the Cache folder, but have to be integrated into the xex files. Most games just update the default.xex file, but the DS title update updates 8 different xex files and while 6 of them work fine, the two Coop xex files cannot be patched. The game runs fine and it's updated, but I left those two xex files without any update and I was wondering which parts of the game are affected by those two files.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

i honestly have no idea.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

sure, no problem. I'm just wondering - there are obviously quite a few JTAG users out there and I can hardly imagine that all of them are just into downloading and playing the lastest FPS. Nobody there who cares about preserving the current shmup efforts and using a JTAG mode just to circumvent the region problem ?
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

i don't get it... if we talk about the co-op xex files of the game, they surely must be the ones used for online play?
but if single player (= local multiplayer) works fine, where's the problem?
you can't connect to live with a jtaged box anyway.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

if we talk about the co-op xex files of the game, they surely must be the ones used for online play?
not sure, did DS even have online co-op ? If yes, then it's fine. I just wanted to make sure that the update is applied correctly to all revelant files.