List of recent LCDs that pivot to portrait mode (TATE)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
vercimber

List of recent LCDs that pivot to portrait mode (TATE)

Post by vercimber »

Okay, so I'm convinced, after playing with Mushihime Futari 1.5, that I need to play the game in TATE mode. Unfortunately, my primary TV is a 46" LCD, and I'm not about to try TATEing it.

I'm in the market for a recently-released monitor that can switch to portrait mode physically (i.e., without the use of a Neo Flex or Ergotron stand/arm). I've found a few online, but I want a complete list of these monitors so that I can do side-by-side comparisons. I do want HDMI/VGA interfaces, for example.

Can anybody point me to a good site that offers this sort of list/comparison chart for monitors that switch to portrait mode?

Thanks!
yosai

Re: List of recent LCDs that pivot to portrait mode (TATE)

Post by yosai »

Can't help with a list but we've got some NEC 2180UX (21" LCD) monitors at work which are nice and robust.

They rotate anti clockwise too, most of the others rotate clockwise. DVI and VGA inputs only though.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

The 2180UX is hands-down the best videogame monitor ever built by NEC. Not a monster in terms of response-time (what can you expect of a 5-year old pro-grade graphic display), but completely lag-free. Love my setup :)

You can change the rotation direction easily. Just unscrew the display, turn 90°, screw it back again to the stand. Done.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Over at my local Staples, I went ahead & bought an 3M brand LCD monitor stand with built-in portrait mode. If your PC LCD monitor doesn't have portrait mode built-in, this is a fine alternative to get if you want this particular option. It'll set you back at $49.99 USD though.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~