japanese xbox 360 - part two.....refurbished?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
XERO

japanese xbox 360 - part two.....refurbished?

Post by XERO »

well, this forum has helped me determine that i have a JASPER chip....but the reliable seller is losing credibility.
the power brick has masking tape on it with faded asian writing....the controller is doa.
real question : is there a way to find out if it is a refurb? also, faceplate and case cracked....so much for my initial excitement.
thankx in advance.

how about some help !!!!
it isn't XERO unless it starts with an "X"...
mr_b

Post by mr_b »

If they are microsoft refurbs, they generally have a new sticker placed on the bottom of the machine stating it a refurb with a new manufacture date.

At least that is how they did it with the original xbox's. Not sure if its the same on the 360's.
Wavey Pavey

Post by Wavey Pavey »

They don't unfortunately on the 360. In my experience all 360 refurbs have two stickers on them, which you can see on the motherboard when you remove the fan tunnel/shroud. At least here in the UK they are like that.
Wavey Pavey

Post by Wavey Pavey »

What's the full story xero, what does the writing on the powerbrick say?

I have spare cases and faceplates too, UK though.
XERO

Post by XERO »

[quote="Wavey Pavey"]What's the full story xero, what does the writing on the powerbrick say?

I have spare cases and faceplates too, UK though.[/quot

writing to faded buty distinctly asian....have yet to have it translated.....

also, the system is totally DOA....no power to the brick, controller does not work, system will not power-up with another power brick...what a f**kin' mess.
it isn't XERO unless it starts with an "X"...