ESP Galuda pcb displaying upside down

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
aesthetik

ESP Galuda pcb displaying upside down

Post by aesthetik »

Hey guys,

Could really use some help. I just got my esp galuda and I powered it on to find it's displaying upside down. Is this some sort of dip switch issue that I can correct? If so, can anyone please tell me what I need to do? :D

I have an Egret 2 but it's rotated the only direction it can go to get vertical and I'm stuck with this upside down picture. Any help would be greatly appreciate, thanks!
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

There is no invert option on those boards. Did you just get this cab?

:shock:
aesthetik

Post by aesthetik »

Ugh, yeah I just bought the cab, picked it up from Matsu today.

But it's odd because we tested a game at his place and it was displaying vertical. Is there some easy fix via the cab, because now I'm pretty confused as to how it couldn't be game-related. :(

thanks
kernow

Post by kernow »

Can't you flip the yoke wires on the chassis to get it to display the correct way up? perhaps the vertical board he had needed it to be the other way around, its possible. I'd get a manual first and check.

Post this at arcadeotaku, I'm pretty sure its just probably the yoke connection that needs reversing.
kernow

Post by kernow »

Bit of googling for the manual for a nanao MS9 monitor produces this.

You probably need to flip it over.

I would however check with other e2 owners first though. :) I don't own one personally. But I'm pretty sure its this.
Alec

Post by Alec »

yes you can. i've done it with an atomiswave cabinet (different monitor) and i've seen matsu do it to an egret 2 in his storage facility. basically you want to flip two wires around, actually probably 4 since its completely upside down and not just backwards. i think you should call matsu and ask him to talk you through it if you need help. nobody's owned more egret 2's than matsu.
aesthetik

Post by aesthetik »

Thanks everyone for your help; you were all right, as it was 2 wires that needs to be flipped (one to make it display vertically, and the other to un-mirror it)

Matsu just came by and fixed it for me, hooray. Thanks Matsu :D

Great customer service.

thanks again guys!
kernow

Post by kernow »

Excellent :)