mame save states and anonymous timers??

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
charlie chong

mame save states and anonymous timers??

Post by charlie chong »

i just got a mame setup for my cab but i'm having a bit of trouble making save states for cave games such as esperade and dodonpachi(the 2 i most need to practise)
its running mala and the latest build of mame..

when i got to save it keeps saying save failed due to anonymous timer errors.. is there anyway round this so i can save with these games? i know others use save states for these games with no probs :?
VxD

Post by VxD »

Use MAME v0.99, it is the last one which works flawleessly with Cave games regarding save states.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

thanks i'll try that ! :)
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

If you can be bothered recompiling it, make this change in mame/drivers/cave.c:

(line 126 in 128u3)

Code: Select all

static INTERRUPT_GEN( cave_interrupt )
{
        timer_set(ATTOTIME_IN_USEC(17376-time_vblank_irq), NULL, 0, cave_vblank_start);
        timer_set(ATTOTIME_IN_USEC(17376-time_vblank_irq + 2000), NULL, 0, cave_vblank_end);
}
to

Code: Select all

static INTERRUPT_GEN( cave_interrupt )
{
        timer_set(ATTOTIME_IN_USEC(0), NULL, 0, cave_vblank_start);
        timer_set(ATTOTIME_IN_USEC(2000), NULL, 0, cave_vblank_end);
}
This isn't technically correct, but it makes save states work.
弾もまたいで通る
Jake

Post by Jake »

Sorry to bring this topic back to life, but my cave games were saving fine for about two days and now I have the same error.

I just got mame32 plus! 0.99 (couldn't find mame32 0.99) so i can save them, but now I cannot use a game pad. When I got to click the box that says "enable joystick input", it is faded out and will not allow me to check it off. Any solutions? Sorry, I'm a little noob to mame.

Also, with the newest version, I was going to change the line of code but I couldn't find the drivers folder where I installed mame to. If someone could guide me I wouldn't mind trying it that way.

Thanks for the help.