Missouri Cave Matsuri - Nov 1st 2008

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
gunbird18

Missouri Cave Matsuri - Nov 1st 2008

Post by gunbird18 »

I am located in Central Misery, just above Columbia. So I need the KC boys and the STL gangstas to give me a holla.

I am thinking late October on a Saturday, starting Noonish and going late.
I have an Egret II for the boards, and a Tated TV for consoles, but no true RGB monitor. I have a lot of space in my basement and we can order some mouth watering BBQ for lunch.

Let me know what you think. Right now, it looks like Nov 1st. If that doesn't work, 2nd Saturday in November might work. I will keep in touch.

Thanks!

gunbird18
Last edited by gunbird18 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When you can say you love shooting games, I get the sense you’re no longer a normal person. (laughs)" - S. Yagawa
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

Later in November preferrably on a Saturday would work best for me. Arcade auction is November 22nd so I'll be there at that for sure. November 1st might work as well though. I've got close to 100 PCB's of all varying genre's so I could probably bring a few items. Nothing too LQQK R@RE! but definitely some stuff people would like to play.
lynchesque

Post by lynchesque »

I'm down with this, any saturday will most likely work for me.
szycag

Post by szycag »

I'm open for any date, but November 1st is the day before my birthday so that sounds kinda nice. Or, whichever date Steve is able to make :)
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

It is looking like November 1st. When I get a lock on the date I can send my address so you can Mapquest it. If it looks too confusing, I can meet anyone at a gas station and lead you from there.

Thanks!

gunbird18
"When you can say you love shooting games, I get the sense you’re no longer a normal person. (laughs)" - S. Yagawa
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

My work schedule is pretty erratic but I'll see if Nov 1 will do. I should know by this Monday or Tuesday.
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

I can indeed do Nov 1st.

Anybody bringing a Mushi Futari or Ketsui board? 8)
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

So who all is planning on attending? What boards does anyone have? I assume everyone has a list of what they could bring.
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

My PCB collection is pretty small since I've only had my cab for a few months: Dragon Blaze, Donpachi, & all 3 Strikers.
szycag

Post by szycag »

I don't have any pcbs unfortunately :(
Might have some console stuff of interest. I have a Genesis flash cart now, for anyone who wants to try some of the more rare stuff like Eliminate Down, Twinkle Tale, Panorama Cotton... *shrug* eh, maybe someone would like that. I have a modded PS2 and the Cave imports but I think you have that stuff already Todd?
Joe T.

Post by Joe T. »

If it works out that Caldwert and I can make it (we live across the street from one another), I can bring a few boards. I've got some newer cave boards: Ibara, ESPGaluda II, Muchi Muchi Pork, and some Raizing stuff too.
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

I've got tons of stuff. Joe can attest to the basement of shame. Lets see off the top of my head: Outzone, Guwange, Donpachi, Raiden Fighters 1, 2 and Jet, Strikers 1945 III, Battle Garegga, Dangun Feveron, Mars Matrix, 1944, Dimahoo, Fixeight, and tons of other games.

http://www.vaps.org/members/member_deta ... _id=398833 That's my list on KLOV. "New games arriving daily!" Actually that's not much of an exaggeration lately.
szycag

Post by szycag »

I've wanted to play ESP Galuda II really badly!
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

Helps when you check the thread you started! :oops:

Although, I never received any alerts when you guys posted... :?

Yes, sounds like November 1st is doomsday! I will plan accordingly.

Stuminator - Bring the Psikyo boards! Gunbird is the only thing I own from the Psikyo canon.

szycag - Yes I have the import PS2 and DOJ/Galuda/Homura/Raiden 3. Twinkle Tale and Undeadline would be awesome!

Joe T. - Your presence is required at the MCM!!! I, too, have wanted to play ESPG 2. And MMP looks insane!

caldwert - I have Batrider Ver. B, so Garegga would be great. My Dangun is hopefully being fixed, I will keep you posted.

I will see what I can do about getting the all mighty Ketsui to show up at the meet. Shouldn't be too hard to pull some strings.

If anyone has a Supergun that would be great as we seem to have a lot of pcbs and one cabinet! :shock: That might create a bottleneck!

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks!

gunbird18
drboom

Post by drboom »

Well, me and Dave from Chicago are down to go. We have an Astro City we can bring to up the cab count to two as well as Progear, DOJ, ESPrade, Mushihimesama, and - Ketsui. I also have some Saturn stuff (Batsugun, Dodonpachi, Cotton 2, Darius Gaiden) and a tateable flat screen tv. We are both good for the first, but can't make it the following weekend if the date changes.
szycag

Post by szycag »

Ok, this is gonna be crazy now :)
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

Wow, you're bringing another cab?! :shock:
drboom

Post by drboom »

We're crazy like that. :lol: It helps that Dave's got it so he can just wheel the cab out of his apartment and into the truck. Ground level apartment. I'm envious.

Got to get Dave involved in the forums...lurker... :lol:
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

Okay, kids, you have heard the awesome news!!!

The Dr. and his assistant are coming down to the meet! This will definitely give us the extra "shot" :roll: of Cave that we are looking for!

I will be sending PMs with my address for Mapquest. Looking forward to seeing all the interested parties here!

Thanks!

gunbird18
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

Even better news! We may see another Cave masterpiece at the meet! It all depends on the USPS, so bee praying for speedy delivery!

Thanks!

gunbird18
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

Which one would this be? Also, a quick question, do they televise St. Louis Blues games at your house?
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

Awww, cmon! It would not be a surprise now, would it?

Not sure on the Blues game...

But I shouldn't think it would be a concern for you, since you WILL BE PLAYING SHMUPS THE ENTIRE TIME!!!

j/k
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

Does everyone have a list of PCB's? I posted my link earlier. I got 19XX today, and Gigawing is on the way. There's also non-shooter stuff thats come in since the last update. Anyone looking to sell anything at the meet? or buy anything for that matter?
szycag

Post by szycag »

I'll have Ketsui Death Label on my DS. I'll just bring that; no pcbs here and I doubt the console stuff will see any action with two cabs going.
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

szycag - That will be awesome to see! I owned a DS at one time, but I've pretty much given up on handhelds. Too small of a screen for me to enjoy the beautiful 2D world. (Being an old geezer gamer probably doesn't help much either!)

caldwert - Never that about that. Didn't know if people would like this to be a swapshmupmeet as well? But I will throw this out there. Those people with boards willing to part with a US Region Seibu MOBO???

Thanks!
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

That makes 2 of us looking for one, lol. I got a Raiden Fighters 2 cart off of Ebay the other day to complete the series and had to use my Viper Phase 1 motherboard to play it on. My Battle Balls motherboard works on my Neo cabinet fine, but not on the Astro City, yet the other 2 motherboards work perfectly on the Astro City. Raiden Fighters Jet is the HK Rogue board.
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

Ok, folks. I'm trying to come up with a list of what all I should bring. I've got a ton of bullcrap as posted earlier in this link. A few things have come in since I last updated that such as 19XX and Gigawing will be here by Saturday. So take a look at my list and let me know what anyone already has that they could bring or what they'd like to play. I'm cool with non-shooters being brought if anyone wants to see some of the crap that I have. I'll post a shortlist of things I'm planning on bringing:

- Guwange
- Outzone
- Fixeight
- Omega Fighter Special, Gunbird18's special request
- Battle Garegga, Joe and I have differing versions of this, might be interesting to compare
- Dimahoo, Joe and I both have this though
- Strikers 1945 Plus MVS
szycag

Post by szycag »

I might like to see the Michael Jackson's Moonwalker arcade game if we get some time 8)
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

TMNT and Bad Dudes, yeah, bring those. I'M BAD!!! :lol:

Looks like I'm bringing Dragon Blaze and the Strikers trilogy. I've also got a Simpsons board on the way. I can bring that as well if it arrives by Friday.
drboom

Post by drboom »

The super-secret special pcb jusy arrived - gonna have it for the weekend! :D Also trying to switch out the stick on my Aero Table and we may be bringing that by if we can fit it along with the Astro City in the back of my Element. Probably going to be tight, but we'll give it a go.

Here's our pcb list that we are bringing:
Progear
Ketsui
Mushihimesama
Raidient Silvergun
Soukugurentai
ESP RaDe
DDP DOJ
+1