Metal Black...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

Metal Black...

Post by Guest »

Metal Black has a pretty kicking soundtrack. Does anybody know where I can get those tracks? Was an official soundtrack actually published, or were some of the tracks included on another CD?

I know of the Japanese Saturn version...does the CD contain the raw track music format where you can pop the disk right in a CD player and listen to the music?
adam76

Re: Metal Black...

Post by adam76 »

Dark Saibot wrote:I know of the Japanese Saturn version...does the CD contain the raw track music format where you can pop the disk right in a CD player and listen to the music?
Yeah it does mate. I've got the original version and having just tried it out, i can confirm that:

a) you can play the music on your CD player

and

b) i'm a bloody moron for never realising this before! :oops:
"What the hell kind of a two-bit operation are they running out of this treehouse, Cooper? I have seen some slip-shod, backwater burgs, but this place takes the cake."
jp

Post by jp »

The music in stage 3 is simply Image
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

jp wrote:The music in stage 3 is simply Image
I have absolutely no idea whether that emoticon is positive or negative. That smiley looks braindead.
jp

Post by jp »

Its positive... its drooling... thus... the level 3 music is completely f'ing awesome.
adam76

Post by adam76 »

alpha5099 wrote:
jp wrote:The music in stage 3 is simply Image
I have absolutely no idea whether that emoticon is positive or negative. That smiley looks braindead.
Looks like the 'Simpson drool'!

mmmm dougnuts...
"What the hell kind of a two-bit operation are they running out of this treehouse, Cooper? I have seen some slip-shod, backwater burgs, but this place takes the cake."

Post by Guest »

Ah...thanks for the tip.

I also thought your original impression of the level 3 music was disapproval, jp. That looks like an "I want to go to sleep zzZZzz" face. Either that or an "I was smoking crack and hit by a baseball bat" face.

I'll have to get the Saturn version now! Though most of the time I see the price tag is around $45-$50, which is a little higher than I think I would like to spend on a used Saturn game. Ah well.
jp

Post by jp »

Dark Saibot wrote:Ah...thanks for the tip.

I also thought your original impression of the level 3 music was disapproval, jp. That looks like an "I want to go to sleep zzZZzz" face. Either that or an "I was smoking crack and hit by a baseball bat" face.

I'll have to get the Saturn version now! Though most of the time I see the price tag is around $45-$50, which is a little higher than I think I would like to spend on a used Saturn game. Ah well.

Its worth it, I promise. :D
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

If you can play PS2 imports, just get the upcoming PS2 Taito Memories, which includes it.
Tar-Palantir

Post by Tar-Palantir »

Rip-off (re:my avatar) :P
Neon

Post by Neon »

Going to have to agree with Ganelon, Taito memories for ps2 or Xbox. It'll probably be around the same price and you get Don Doko Don in the same package :)
DreamerNL

Post by DreamerNL »

Yes, there is an offical soundtrack to Metal Black and there is also an awesome arrange album, both of course by Zuntata.

Metal Black PCCB-00079
Metal Black -The First- ZTTL-0012

Both are very awesome.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Ganelon wrote:If you can play PS2 imports, just get the upcoming PS2 Taito Memories, which includes it.
True, but they're talking about the soundtrack--and like many saturn games, you can just stick it in your CD player and play it!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
jp

Post by jp »

Ganelon wrote:If you can play PS2 imports, just get the upcoming PS2 Taito Memories, which includes it.

Yeah, but you won't be able to play the soundtrack in your CD player... which is basically the whole point of this thread...
CecilMcW00t

Post by CecilMcW00t »

I couldn't find anywhere to freaking buy the sountracks for this game since they are long out of print... :(

But I am a big fan of YACK soundtracks so I had to find it. I found it on this video game music hub on Direct Connect. I have both soundtracks now! =D

If there is a place I can upload it for you guys I'll gladly do so.
"I've always wanted a thing called Tuna Sasimi!"

Post by Guest »

I do plan to get the Taito Memories collection anyway...however, what's with this PS2 imports talk? I was under the impression that it was going to have a US release.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Yeah, it's been announced and will be shown in E3. I just mentioned the import in case it falls through somehow (considering Taito hardly does anything in the US anymore). I guess after NEC quickly died after popping up again, I don't have much confidence in primarily Japanese companies anymore.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Stage 2's "Dual Moon" has a nice buildup at the intro- after an atmospheric jingle at the start, the drums and then the catchy bass guitar riff segue in nicely. Pure gold all the way.

On the whole, Metal Black's ST ranks right up there with Border Down in quality. MB's soundtrack is appropriately darker given the more alien style of the game.

The Taito Memories pack sounds like a surefire thing to me- even though I've got a good few of these games on Saturn or F3 cart, having them all on one disc is nice. Light Bringer & Grid Seeker finally getting console ports made an already sealed deal even more worthy. Hopefully there will be some analog dial released for Cameltry and Puchi Carat.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
U K Narayan

Post by U K Narayan »

Metal Black?

Ugh. . . I found the game to be irritating, the soundtrack, too.

There are just too many "What." moments in that game.
Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! ARE YOU READY!?