Egret II Wiring Diagram?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
xenepp

Egret II Wiring Diagram?

Post by xenepp »

Hi all,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Egret II? I can't see how stereo is wired up and I have some connectors marked "F" and "S" and "A" which I have no idea what they do.

I'll trace them back if I need to but it would be handy to have the wiring diagram for future reference.

Side note - Has anyone tried to access Killer Cabs today? It's not been working for me, I keep getting a 404. :?

-Joel
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

Killercabs is definitely down :(
But I've been reading pretty much everything on there that has anything about Egret IIs on it before it went down and the one with four wires is the stereo connector, but in the thread I was reading there was some concern that using the stereo connector would cause the left channel to be grounded because of the way it connected to the mono audio and that it would cause some problems :?. I would wait until killercabs comes back up so you can research it or find a wiring diagram before doing anything.

The instruction manual is no good for wiring diagrams unfortunately.
xenepp

Post by xenepp »

Really? I'll check that.

I got the manual a little while ago and honestly, it's seems it's no good for much unless you can read Japanese :(

-Joel
kernow

Post by kernow »

F is the JST stereo connector.

stereo left right +/-

its four pin? correct?
xenepp

Post by xenepp »

Yep, spot on. I'll have a play with that today. Thanks kernow.

-Joel
kernow

Post by kernow »

That might not be the 'actual' order of pins mind you.
xenepp

Post by xenepp »

Yeah I'll just trace them back to the mono/stereo switch. I couldn't see last night since I couldn't find a torch.

Might as well post the pinout once I'm done.

-Joel
MKL

Post by MKL »

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/116/eg ... ramye4.jpg

There are two stereo connectors, F and P, meant to hook up to two different Taito boards (F3 and FX1 systems). F should also be compatible with some Konami boards (Vendetta and the other games released on the same hardware). For boards that have a stereo connector with different size and pinout (e.g. Raiden Fighters 2/Jet) you can make adapters but keep in mind that not all stereo connectors have an amplified output like the ones mentioned above and will need an amplifier in between the board and the cab connectors.