USB to PS2 adapters

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Shion

USB to PS2 adapters

Post by Shion »

So I got a HRAP3 recently, mainly for fighters on the PC. Now I happen to have a PS2 as well, with some nice shmups on it. I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter that allows me to use the HRAP3, which has a USB connector, on my PS2?

I've found many adapters that work the other way around (PS2 to USB), but these obviously won't do. Google only gives me USB to PS/2 (different from the connection the Playstation 2 uses).

Any advice?

(Oh, and I'd prefer it to be perfectly lagless, of course).
MX7

Post by MX7 »

I had a look round when I the hrap3 came out, but I couldn't see any immediate solutions. I'd love it if there were, I'm dying to get one :o
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: USB to PS2 adapters

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Shion wrote:So I got a HRAP3 recently, mainly for fighters on the PC. Now I happen to have a PS2 as well, with some nice shmups on it. I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter that allows me to use the HRAP3, which has a USB connector, on my PS2?

I've found many adapters that work the other way around (PS2 to USB), but these obviously won't do. Google only gives me USB to PS/2 (different from the connection the Playstation 2 uses).

Any advice?

(Oh, and I'd prefer it to be perfectly lagless, of course).
For Shion,

Sorry, you'd have to break down and get either an HRAP-1 or the HRAP-2 to get it to work properly on the PS2 console. The HRAP-3 is designed from the ground up to work with just the PS3 and PC platforms only.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Shion

Post by Shion »

Ah, that's a shame. You're probably right, since I searched for quite a while and couldn't find anything. I'll just live with the crappy PS2 controller then, getting another Pro stick is beyond my budget.