AWSD monitor adjusting

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

AWSD monitor adjusting

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I've had my cab a while now, but have always noticed on shmups that when the screen scrolls certain parts of the screen stretch. Also, the screen seems to pull slightly along the bottom, meaning I cannot get a perfect straight line. Actually its the left side, since I've tated its actually the left margin which going a bit wonky.

Are these conditions fixable by adjusting something behind the monitor? I've tried all the usual adjustments behind the coin door and its getting me acceptable PQ, but not where i'm 100% satisfied.. Cheers in advance.

Richie.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Its normal, I've never seen perfect geometry on any cab. These are not as accurate as PC monitors. You can hide some of it by going just over the edge of the screen. This is what operators typically do.

The stretching usually happens when there is a lot of white on the screen, and again is typical/normal for most arcade monitor characteristics. You can try turning down the brightness or RGB bias levels to minimize it, or again have the edge of the screen just over so its unnoticeable.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Dave_K. wrote:Its normal, I've never seen perfect geometry on any cab. These are not as accurate as PC monitors. You can hide some of it by going just over the edge of the screen. This is what operators typically do.

The stretching usually happens when there is a lot of white on the screen, and again is typical/normal for most arcade monitor characteristics. You can try turning down the brightness or RGB bias levels to minimize it, or again have the edge of the screen just over so its unnoticeable.
What Dave K. says about the stretching happens when plently of white is shown on-screen -- this is true on the smaller RGB monitors such as the 14" and 9" size. Minimize it by turning down the brightness and contrast levels by using the arcade PCB's built-in crosshair test screen for fine tuning of such attributes works wonders... ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I really want to know if the AWSD has RGB pots on it. All my other cabs had this.

Anyone know if you can adjust RGB levels on this cab?
kernow

Post by kernow »

On the neckboard on the back of the monitor. There are 6 pots.

If you want I have the manual I can email you.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

I have a problem with my tube, too.
the scanlines are getting thicker to the right.
can this be fixed?
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Ok, done the RGB adjustments. Seemed the red was on the positive side a bit causing bleeding and/or softening. Looks a tad sharper now.

Pity the RGB pots are at the back, but realistically they are not hard to get to because you have quite a bit of room to get your arm in there. Hopefully the adjustments should remain good now as I've not usually had to make fine adjustments from game to game.
kernow

Post by kernow »

Nice one, I would have a go with mine but honestly I can't see if its wrong or not so I guess its good to leave as is.