Anyone know the wii dev kit?

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
hermosaguy

Anyone know the wii dev kit?

Post by hermosaguy »

We just got awarded wii developer status...anyone here looking for work as a programmer or tools programmer? Must know Havok and/or Torque engine with wii integration.
Last edited by hermosaguy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Motorherp

Post by Motorherp »

Congratulations on getting dev status. Out of interest what is your current situation? Are you now or planning on becoming a small official studio with financial backing and the security that brings to people you plan to employ or are you still at the stage of being an unofficial group of like minded programmers and artists willing to take the risks of working unsecurely to try and break into the industry? Anyway, if it's the latter its very unlikely you'll find anyone with Wii or Havok experience who isn't already in the industry or in a position where they can get a secure job with an established studio. You'll have to bite the bullet and employ talented non Wii experienced programmers and factor in the extra time needed for them to get used to the target.

Anyway you might want to check out my website (link in my sig) which is a community of shmup orientated programmers and artists and ask there. Check out the current contest entries as well as previous competition games and the show case to see the talent available. We have some extremely creative and talented people around there (I'll not pick out any names though, I'll leave that to you) and I'm sure many of them would love the chance to get payed for their work and the chance of seeing their results on a main stream console.

:: SHMUP-DEV ::
- what it says on the tin
mrkotfw

Post by mrkotfw »

Havok? Torque?
Yaul: An awesome open source SEGA Saturn software development kit
Pixel_Outlaw

Post by Pixel_Outlaw »

I would love to but sadly I'm not nearly "good enough". As Motorherp said, Shmup Dev have many fine designers and some damn good programmers too. 8)
Some of the best shmups don't actually end in a vowel.
No, this game is not Space Invaders.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Piratero wrote:Havok? Torque?
Havok = pyhsics engine, Torque = 3D gaming engine/sdk

We use both at work currently for developing an internal virtual world implementation.
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

Anyone in the Los Angeles area? Anyone at all? Yes this is a paid job, not a side 'project'. Please let me know.
RobTheBuilder

Post by RobTheBuilder »

I'm not, but I might know someone who knows Torque. But only a slim chance tho.

I hope this means WiiWare Shumps :D
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Last time I checked, Torque was half-finished and buggy. Not that I live in L.A. anyway :/
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

Udderdude wrote:Last time I checked, Torque was half-finished and buggy. Not that I live in L.A. anyway :/
They are ALL buggy. :) Situation of lesser of the evils I guess.