Problem using a 'stick' with Silpheed.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
EatenByGrues

Problem using a 'stick' with Silpheed.

Post by EatenByGrues »

I recently picked up a copy of 'silpheed: the lost planet' for cheap and so I figured I'd give it spin. One problem. It doesn't seem to like my HRAP2. If I boot the game up with the HRAP plugged in it goes crazy (i.e. acting as if someone was constantly holding the stick up). I tried booting it with a normal dualshock, but as soon as I unplug it starts to act up again (without any controllers plugged in at all). As soon as I plug the dualshock back in it's fine, but if I try to plug the HRAP or just about anything else in, it keeps acting crazy. Any ideas? Is it my stick? Console? The game itself? Anyone else had much success playing this game with a HRAP2?

For the record my HRAP seems to work fine with everything else I have tested it on.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

It's the game. Mine registers that down and left are being held. I'm pretty sure that it's because of the...added...analogue features. I could only get it to work with the default DualShock pad.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Does HRAP have a switch to map the stick to one of the analogue sticks? Maybe try it with that...

But the control pre-configurations might not be the best either.
EatenByGrues

Post by EatenByGrues »

I was afraid of that. Well thanks for the help. I figured if anybody knew it would be you guys.