Mushi soundtrack announced

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Stormowl

Mushi soundtrack announced

Post by Stormowl »

thanks to the fantastic jiji:

cost: 4500 yen
includes cd and Reko figure (same one displayed at AOU)

cross your fingers and hope for Cocoebiz to save the day folks...

info here:

http://namakoteam.com/news.php?id=63
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

this is great news , i hope we can actually get hold of it though
system11

Post by system11 »

I wish they'd announce a port :/

Having played the game not long ago, I'd really like to put it alongside DOJ and Espgaluda in the PS2 shmup collection.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Ord

Post by Ord »

bloodflowers wrote:I wish they'd announce a port :/

Having played the game not long ago, I'd really like to put it alongside DOJ and Espgaluda in the PS2 shmup collection.
God that would be really great though eh?
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Ord wrote:

mark do you on mushi ? if so how much did it cost you

cheers
Trev :)
U K Narayan

Post by U K Narayan »

I don't think the PS2 could even handle the amount of sprites that Mushihimesama has.

But about those other Cave games. . . I wonder if XS games would pick something up like that?

I mean, there's already DDPD and Espgaluda.
Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! ARE YOU READY!?
system11

Post by system11 »

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

The Mushi arcade board can't handle the number of sprites either - I don't see that the PS2 would be much worse, take a look at DOJ in Death Label mode.

Seriously - for those who haven't played, Mushi is slowdown city at times, and with 2p it drops frames all over the place.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Ord

Post by Ord »

Trevor spencer wrote:
Ord wrote:

mark do you on mushi ? if so how much did it cost you

cheers
Trev :)
Nah Trev i don't own Mushi but i played the Hell out of it in January and loved every second of it. I'm just not willing to pay over a thousand quid for a game, so much like most of the people here, i'll just be waiting for the price to drop.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

A soundtrack?!!!

This is even more interesting than when Mushi came out! :lol:
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Definitely, although why they'd consider porting this when they skipped Ketsui is beyond me...
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Ganelon wrote:

Definitely, although why they'd consider porting this when they skipped Ketsui is beyond me...
Concerning Ketsui... apparently there is a rumour that the designers intended for the game to be "Japan-only", and that the easiest way to maintain that was to only release Japanese PCBs of the game (as a port would easily be imported by non-Japanese)...

I can't validate the above statement... however, you do have to admit.. there seems to have been quite a lot of contraversy over Ketsui in general. :/
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Kiken wrote:
Ganelon wrote:

Concerning Ketsui... apparently there is a rumour that the designers intended for the game to be "Japan-only", and that the easiest way to maintain that was to only release Japanese PCBs of the game (as a port would easily be imported by non-Japanese)...

I can't validate the above statement... however, you do have to admit.. there seems to have been quite a lot of contraversy over Ketsui in general. :/
shelfish bastards fancy not wanting to share such a quality game , oh well i own the PCB anyway :lol:
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

quote from cocoebiz
Stock Availability
To those of you who sent your requests for albums that are currently out of stock and for future releases. Thank you much for your email regarding the following items, "Mushihime-Sama", "Taito Darius Box" and the Rockman X 1-6 , Rockman 1-6 Game Music Collections. We will be stocking these items very soon. Please check our website for the news regarding these titles. Thank you for your patience and requests!

Updated: March 22nd, 2005
umi

Post by umi »

PRE-ORDER NOW!

/em drools.

And to those of you who say it's too expensive.... two words:

1. Manabu
2. 6inchREKOfigurine
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Excellent. That Mushi figure is beautiful.

Now if we can just find out what they meant by Mushihime "consumer game" in their last corporate PDF....
TVG

Post by TVG »

how much is 4500 yen?
i MIGHT preorder this just as a hopeless attempt to support cave for a (some) port(s), but i really dont care about the product, so it better be not too expensive.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

The vagrant wrote:how much is 4500 yen?
i MIGHT preorder this just as a hopeless attempt to support cave for a (some) port(s), but i really dont care about the product, so it better be not too expensive.
Well, approximately $45 U.S. But will be about $58 from cocoebiz IIRC. With yen you basically just need to move the decimal point two places to the left to get a rough USD total.
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

Kiken wrote:Concerning Ketsui... apparently there is a rumour that the designers intended for the game to be "Japan-only", and that the easiest way to maintain that was to only release Japanese PCBs of the game (as a port would easily be imported by non-Japanese)...

This sounds pretty sketchy to me. Why would they want to limit their audience and their sales for no reason? Plus they haven't seemed to mind for their other recent releases. I know I personally don't care who buys my stuff - as long as I get my money.

I bet there's at least a few people reading this, thinking "Damn those Japanese", when the entire thing isn't even confirmed.

Oh, and on topic - I'll probably pick up the Mushi OST someday on the secondary market - I really like the stage 2 music, especially.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

...regarding http://www.cocoebiz.com/catalog.php?id=364

Wow, that's an amazing special order item for any shmup fan. I'm serious tempted here, but $59 + $18.50 shipping is not a small price and I've just bought a bunch of games so I'll have to pass.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Stupid question, but is the OST any good?
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
umi

Post by umi »

Yes, it kicks ass. And I've only heard it with a cornucopia of sound effects and explosions over it! I can't wait for a clean listen to it all. Also, once again, Manabu has produced an utterly epic and original true last boss track :P The level 4 track also gives me goosebumps. I can't wait... and... that figurine will take pride of place somewhere in my room, that's for sure :P
neorichieb1971 wrote:Stupid question, but is the OST any good?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

$60 for an OST? That includes the PS2 game too right? :wink:
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

umi wrote:Also, once again, Manabu has produced an utterly epic and original true last boss track :P
Utterly epic? Mabye. Original? no.

Radiant silvergun's final boss is in the same vein.
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

BAD NEWS:

today cocoebiz has cut off all pre-orders for the mushi soundtrack. Cave's iron fist of gaijin hatred strikes again.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Well, maybe they reached the stock they wanted? Seems awfully fishy but at least whoever already pre-ordered will still get their bonuses.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Why does Cave hate the non-Japanese? I mean can't we all just get along? :(
incognoscente

Post by incognoscente »

JOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKE :D:):D:D:):D:D:D:):D:D:):D:) :):D:):D:D:):D:D:D:):D:D:):D JOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKE
I think it was this.
JOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKE :D:):D:D:):D:D:D:):D:D:):D:) :):D:):D:D:):D:D:D:):D:D:):D JOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKE

Please no irate e-mails to Brandon Sheffield, I mean this (at least partly) in jest.
Last edited by incognoscente on Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

*looks at Ketsui review link*
Insert Credit wrote:a mediocre title stands as a glaring eyesore, and almost a legitimation of the popular decay of the genre
Insert Credit wrote:due to its ease, it sort of gives you a ‘fluff shooter’ feeling
Insert Credit wrote:doomed from the start by virtue of the decline of the genre in which it’s placed
Insert Credit wrote:It’s a shooting game for casual gamers
Insert Credit wrote:this game should probably be passed over for console release.
WTF.
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

Yay that I managed to pre-order the mushi soundtrack in time. I truly hate all this limited release crap that is going on, I'm always out of money at the wrong moment or get to know about them too late..

Just to name a few things I missed out on with just a few days:
Gradius V Bonus DVD and Perfect DVD, psikyo collections bonus DVD's. But I got most pissed about missing out on the Real arcade pro Special Edition, they closed the pre-orders early and like a couple of days before I got my paycheck :evil: :evil: :x
Rob

Post by Rob »

Yeah I could say with full honesty that that was probably the last article at insertcredit I ever read, and with that switched over to click-stick for shooting game news. I don't get it.