T5 Hori modding help

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lawnspic

T5 Hori modding help

Post by lawnspic »

Will a Magstick(used to be T-stick) or euro(suzo500) from ultimarc fit in the T5 Hori?. im thinking of trying the stick mod but i need to be sure this will fit. The mod tut link i saw here uses a Sanwa. What sticks can i use?Thanks

as a note i want a stick with the shortest throw possible the kind the engages with the least movement of the stick and that is stiff as well. i hate this T5, i cant see how you could even play a fighter with this

http://namakoteam.com/news.php?id=58

Damocles, whats up, you got me on these sticks now. I have been looking into them and they look real good. Every one here thinks highly about the Sanwas and such. These sticks seem to be the blacksheep in the stick dept., and i like things far from the norm.
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Slikstik.com used to sell new T-Stiks but upon checking the site, they don't have them listed. You might send them an E-mail about it. I found my first one on the www.arcadecontrols.com forum, so you might try there. If all else fails, I have an extra one that I might not be using. If so, make sure to pick up a set of light action switches from Ultimarc as well. They don't have them listed, but Andy has them in stock.

I'm not sure if one will fit inside a T5 case, though. You're going to need a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches clearance for the base alone, depending on how it's mounted. No compact J-Style stick here. I can't tell from the pics, but if it has the same dimensions as a HRAP, you should be able to fit one in by slicing off the last few threads on the shaft. I believe forum member stuntmanwas the one who pointed this out. Keep in mind that you're going to have to wire each individual microswitch instead of using that handy Sanwa harness.

As for fitting a Suzo in there...well, if you can fit a T-Stik in, you can probably fit a Suzo in...though it would be just as difficult.

Concerning throw, you're on the right track with ditching the stock stick. It's the difference between a 3mm engage and a 5mm engage. Not much, but the difference is very apparent.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

what about the magstick which is the successor to the tstick?
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

It's good, but not as precise. The problem lies with how fast it centers. The magnet that controls the centering is rather weak, so it relies mostly on the microswitches to center the stick. Concerning throw and whatnot, it's identical to the T-Stik. Hell, basically, Industio Lorenzo (sp?) gutted the base of the T-Stik and stuck in a circular magnet. I ditched mine because I'm friggin OCD when it comes to things, and the Mag-Stik has a problem where it will "wiggle" laterally for a bit if you slide it from side to side. It can be fixed by putting a shim around the interior of the base, but it has to be exact else the stick becomes harder to operate.

I wouldn't recommend it for shooters if you can get a T-Stik or Suzo, though it's fine for every other genre, save fighters.

Fun Fact: IL is the same company that makes most of the Happ sticks.