Saturn memory

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lawnspic

Saturn memory

Post by lawnspic »

I just unpacked my Saturn again and i just realized my battery is dead. I think the internal memory works just not the clock settings. I checked, and each time i turn on the Saturn i have to reset the date and time, but my games are still saved in the memory manager(dont remember if it clears after some time). Can someone confirm this, im about to start playing Radiant Silvergun again and dont want to lose all my information and weapon levels.

Man i love this system, i have three of them, now im gonna bust out Batsugun, and TFV to boot. Gears of war cant hold my interest for to long, im oldschool. Next will be a cab or supergun gotta have RS and Baku on ST-V. I keep trying to tell myself the Sat is the same as the PCB(which is pretty much true) but there is just that thing about the real arcade board
PC Engine Fan X!

Replace Saturn's dead battery with a new fresh one...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For lawnspic,

Just look on the back of your Sega Saturn and look for the back port access cover, take it off and look inside for a small coin-type battery -- might have some slight rust on it. Take it out and replace it with a new CR-2032 lithium battery. Go back to main menu settings and set the correct date and time. And you're done... ^_~

The Sega Titan ST-V Jamma-based motherboard has the same type of backup battery as the Sega Saturn console does (+ has twice the RAM of the SS console) for use with the ST-V based game cartridges. It's recommended to pick up a Japanese Bios version ST-V motherboard to play the original Japanese arcade version of ST-V Radiant Silvergun with three button support.

The USA Bios version of ST-V motherboard will only have support for two buttons if a RSG ST-V cart is booted up (however, if a ST-V multi-bios chip is installed on a USA Bios ST-V motherboard, then one can select "Japan Bios mode" for the three button support mode for use with RSG ST-V game cart). A Japanese Bios ST-V will not support the ST-V multi-bios chip however but a USA Bios ST-V PCB will support it with no problem. ^_~

Good luck on finding a Japanese Bios ST-V PCB along with RSG ST-V game cart -- be prepared to spend some serious $$$ for that arcade PCB setup..... ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

Thanks
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."